Twitter erupts over clip of UK woman arrested for silently praying across from abortion clinic: 'Terrifying'

GEOINTAnalyst

Conservatives and free speech activists on Twitter railed against a recent video depicting police interrogating and ultimately arresting a pro-life woman who was silently praying outside a U.K. abortion clinic.
Those who watched the woman's arrest after admitting she was "praying in my head" were appalled. Some claimed this was proof that Great Britain had become a dystopia.
The woman who was arrested, Isabel Vaughan-Spruce, is the director of the U.K. March for Life.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitt...tly-praying-across-abortion-clinic-terrifying

and here for video - https://summit.news/2022/12/23/woman-arrested-for-silently-praying/

JSTyler

I hope I don't get into trouble over this but none the less...

My limited experiences with law enforcement as a victim of crime, one suspected of a crime and as the administrator of a large facility have been more negative than positive. The crime? A traffic stop, intermittent tail lamp...the goon did his level best to escalate because I refused to speak. I was the passenger with no obligations to do so or identify and so what, HE. KNEW. ME. and I saw no benefit in aiding his 'investigation'. He was angry enough to rain spittle onto my cheek as he leaned in the window and shouted in my ear. All of it was reported, corrections were taken, and apologies given by his supervisor, but I will never look at local law enforcement without a jaded eye again.

I've come to believe that far too many of them will do anything to maintain standing with the 'thin leo line' and strive with vigor; despite morals, ethics and law, constitutional or otherwise, to keep those fat salaries, enormous pensions and unchecked levels of power. How can an enforcer of law be given freedoms to lie and deceive with the protection of qualified immunity in attempts to try and catch citizens in slip-ups, mistakes and misunderstandings, and then ruin their lives, whether they are guilty or not?

I have family and friends that serve as leo's and they all want out as quickly as they can get out due the corrupt nature of current day law enforcement on all levels. They are hiring sheriff deputies in our area with almost no reasonable qualifications and have shortened the 'training' period to mere months before arming them and sending them out into the wild. Back in the day my divers ed training was more stringent and intense.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
The spiritual battle is ferocious!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!

I wonder if part of why the battle is fierce is because prayer has impact.

:pray ing for this woman and for women who feel at crossroads with major decisions.... that the Lord guide in His grace and kindness.

:pray

I hope I don't get into trouble over this but none the less...

My limited experiences with law enforcement as a victim of crime, one suspected of a crime and as the administrator of a large facility have been more negative than positive. The crime? A traffic stop, intermittent tail lamp...the goon did his level best to escalate because I refused to speak. I was the passenger with no obligations to do so or identify and so what, HE. KNEW. ME. and I saw no benefit in aiding his 'investigation'. He was angry enough to rain spittle onto my cheek as he leaned in the window and shouted in my ear. All of it was reported, corrections were taken, and apologies given by his supervisor, but I will never look at local law enforcement without a jaded eye again.

I've come to believe that far too many of them will do anything to maintain standing with the 'thin leo line' and strive with vigor; despite morals, ethics and law, constitutional or otherwise, to keep those fat salaries, enormous pensions and unchecked levels of power. How can an enforcer of law be given freedoms to lie and deceive with the protection of qualified immunity in attempts to try and catch citizens in slip-ups, mistakes and misunderstandings, and then ruin their lives, whether they are guilty or not?

I have family and friends that serve as leo's and they all want out as quickly as they can get out due the corrupt nature of current day law enforcement on all levels. They are hiring sheriff deputies in our area with almost no reasonable qualifications and have shortened the 'training' period to mere months before arming them and sending them out into the wild. Back in the day my divers ed training was more stringent and intense.

Yeah, having an experience like that would certainly cause anxiousness. We lived in a couple areas where that kind of interaction had been encountered.

We've also lived in areas where the utmost professionalism was shown as well.

I guess where ever there are people involved in various types of groups there will be that human nature showing it's head.

One area we've been in, a church started a support outreach for officers and their families to have a place of supportive care in their line of work and also encourage seeking God for help and guidance (and I'm sure the Gospel was shared). That seemed to be very helpful for them and the community.

usoutpost31

Wasn't Daniel thrown into the lions den for violating the king's order not to pray to his God? This proved to be a great testimony for him.

I don't know what God has planned for this woman but I pray she also, proves to be an inspiring witness to those around her.

If our religious freedom is going to be eroded, we should consider that we're just walking the same path as so many have before us.

RedRx

This is a sad story. I will pray for her. I wonder if the ACLJ would get involved. I know they have operations in France but I’m not sure about Great Britain. This seems like a case they would be interested in.

I think the bigger story is that there are conservatives and free speech advocates on Twitter. How do you survive on Twitter if you fall into either one of those categories?

Reason & Hope

This is a sad story. I will pray for her. I wonder if the ACLJ would get involved. I know they have operations in France but I’m not sure about Great Britain. This seems like a case they would be interested in.

I think the bigger story is that there are conservatives and free speech advocates on Twitter. How do you survive on Twitter if you fall into either one of those categories?
How do conservatives and free speech advocates survive on Twitter?
1. By being circumspect about how they say things, even to the point of deleting an offending tweet, or by using tweets to direct readers to articles. (When Jordan Peterson was banned, he refused to delete his tweet. Dave Rubin had retweeted Peterson and was also banned. However, Rubin decided to delete his "offending" tweet because he felt he could do more good by continuing on the platform.)
2. By being banned and waiting until Elon Musk returned so that they could be unbanned.

MyhopeisinHim

How do conservatives and free speech advocates survive on Twitter?
1. By being circumspect about how they say things, even to the point of deleting an offending tweet, or by using tweets to direct readers to articles. (When Jordan Peterson was banned, he refused to delete his tweet. Dave Rubin had retweeted Peterson and was also banned. However, Rubin decided to delete his "offending" tweet because he felt he could do more good by continuing on the platform.)
2. By being banned and waiting until Elon Musk returned so that they could be unbanned.
By Standing up in the truth of God’s Word by FAITH, no matter what!!!!. Jesus already has won.

Back