Turtles.

alisani

Hey I'm not posting too often anymore and I kept meaning to post in your covid recovery thread.....SO THANKFUL to God that you and Hubs made it through. I got so worried about you when you stopped posting because I knew you had covid. I went thru my own Covid in September and it was horrible but not even close to what you went through. Lifting you up right now that you both will continue to go forward in healing and in life.
Thank you sis. :hug I noticed you weren't around as much, I have been missing your fire. Are you fully recovered?

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Thank you sis. :hug I noticed you weren't around as much, I have been missing your fire. Are you fully recovered?
:hug I am but it was a longer & harder road than I thought....Its because I Went into covid having already been suffering with something else....I had an esophageal erosion down where it attaches to the stomach, with scarring and a stricture...had a scope and biopsy done under anesthesia the same day my husband tested positive....I tested positive the next day....was 2.5 weeks sick with covid (featuring stomach/gastro symptoms of all things!) couldnt bathe for 12 days....called ER twice ...18 lbs lost...took about a month after feeling relatively normal to be able to eat enough to start gaining some weight back and exercise again.
Once we both got better, we hit the ground running....opened two Etsy shops where we are.selling vintage items....Christmas was just crazy....now things have calmed down (crickets actually, haha) but I am still putting a lot of time into the shops, listing inventory for the next wave of purchases (I hope!) Between that and our website, and Church stuff, not much free time lately.
Just so thankful to be alive and out of that bed. I'm sure you feel that times 1,000. :hug
I was shocked that you were on a respirator. My God. :hug I think you are about my age or a little younger. How are your kidneys now? Praying you get full function back. This covid is so evil....just evil.

Wings Like Eagles

One could hope they hit the invisible wall of protection and get some sense knocked into them.
The funniest meme I saw in regard to distancing was a pic of two lines leading up to a couple of ATMs with proper foot placement stenciled onto the floor, the obligatory six feet apart. Only problem was that the ATMs were side-by-side with only about a foot between them. The laugh line on the pic was, "Apparently, Covid doesn't know how to go sideways." :lol

alisani

:hug:hug I am but it was a longer & harder road than I thought....Its because I Went into covid having already been suffering with something else....I had an esophageal erosion down where it attaches to the stomach, with scarring and a stricture...had a scope and biopsy done under anesthesia the same day my husband tested positive....I tested positive the next day....was 2.5 weeks sick with covid (featuring stomach/gastro symptoms of all things!) couldnt bathe for 12 days....called ER twice ...18 lbs lost...took about a month after feeling relatively normal to be able to eat enough to start gaining some weight back and exercise again.
Once we both got better, we hit the ground running....opened two Etsy shops where we are.selling vintage items....Christmas was just crazy....now things have calmed down (crickets actually, haha) but I am still putting a lot of time into the shops, listing inventory for the next wave of purchases (I hope!) Between that and our website, and Church stuff, not much free time lately.
Just so thankful to be alive and out of that bed. I'm sure you feel that times 1,000. :hug
I was shocked that you were on a respirator. My God. :hug I think you are about my age or a little younger. How are your kidneys now? Praying you get full function back. This covid is so evil....just evil.
I had no idea you were so sick! And DH too? You are so strong and such a comfort on the prayer threads, I thought it was smooth sailing. This covid does feel like an almost sentient virus at times. The kidney damage is likely lasting. It is what it is. Considering where I was, I'll take it and gladly. I do grumble a bit though about funding the retirement plans of all these ologists I now see on the regular. lol

I had no idea you were selling on etsy. I love shopping there! It is a great place for vintage items and crafting supplies. I will be praying, I'm sure ecommerce is taking a royal beating thanks to the shenanigans of our administration. Will also pray for you and your husband, for health and all other needs. :hug

pixelpusher

I call my little granddaughter a turtle all the time….Myrtle the turtle. When she was only 3, I had her convinced she was born a turtle, then morphed into a little girl, kinda like what happens with a butterfly. Its now our inside joke.
My high school history teacher used to alternately call us collectively as a class "turtles", "termites" or just plain "monsters".

As for the earth being supported by turtles, that is absolutely impossible. The turtles could not hold still with all the commotion going on up here. They have no concept of safety in numbers. I can't even get within 15 yards of them on the river before they hop off a log back under water. Sometimes some really brave ones might let me get two kayak lengths away. What with asteroids whizzing around and all that, and more, it just would not work. Plus there would have to be some place on earth where we were actually contacting the shell, or maybe in zero-g, the feet. And don't go trying to tell me the swiss alps are actually turtle claws. :hat

I don't get it either.