Turn Away From Lies

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Turn Away From Lies
By Nathele Graham

“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and oppositions of science falsely so called: which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.” – 1 Timothy 6:20-21.

The Apostle Paul was concerned that the Gospel would be corrupted, and therefore he wrote to the pastors of various congregations urging them to stand firm on God’s truth. It would be wonderful if pastors today would stop preaching a different Gospel than found in Scripture. I hear it quite often. “I can’t find a church that teaches from the Bible”. What a sad comment on the state of Christianity. How has this happened? Scripture is God’s truth, and is the standard of how we should live. Satan has successfully corrupted God’s truth by twisting it just like he did in the Garden of Eden. Evolution is a lie that has no place within the Christian community. Sometimes I try to rationalize this nonsense, and it becomes so absurd that I have to laugh. Sadly, much of the Christian community has come to believe this lie rather than the truth of God’s word. With the discovery of DNA, evolution should have been put to rest, but so-called scientists and public schools just can’t get beyond the lie. Romans chapter 1 tells us what happens when the creation is worshipped rather than the Creator. I urge every person reading this commentary to study Romans chapter 1 and then look around and see how society has degenerated since the theory of evolution has been accepted as fact.

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1.

God’s truth is being rejected and Satan’s evil agenda is being embraced. When God is rejected, sin reigns.

“Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.” – Romans 1:21-23.

There are consequences for rejecting God’s truth.

“Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator who is blessed for ever. Amen.” – Romans 1:24-25.

It’s important to understand what God sees as sin and then Christians need to oppose it and not allow sin to creep into the congregation. Don’t forget to love the sinner and lead them out of darkness and into the Light of God. You can’t do that if you agree with the sin and call evil good. God says that even if we don’t participate in the sin, but approve of it, then we are also guilty.

“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” – Romans 1:32.

God’s word never changes, so this is still true today.

That’s not the only lie that the world accepts which Christians need to reject. As disclosed in Romans chapter 1, believing the lie of evolution leads to homosexuality. If there’s no God to set the standard of morality, then anything goes. In our “woke” society today, there is no truth, and as in the days of the Judges, people did what they wanted.

“In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” – Judges 17:6.

We see that attitude today. God should have been embraced as King over Israel, but He was rejected and people lived by their own rules. Today truth is rejected and sin is accepted. You may have been born male but, because you reject reality and truth, you decide you’re a female. Then you go through the process of mutilating your body and take hormone altering drugs in order to live out the lie you think is true. Some people even believe they are a cat or a dog.

“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” – Isaiah 5:20.

The world may accept this craziness, but it has no place within Christian congregations. As we draw nearer to the Rapture, we know that deception will be a stumbling block for those who don’t hold fast to God’s truth. The Apostle Paul totally changed his outlook on life after he met Jesus. The things he thought were important before Christ changed him were no longer important to him. He was a very intelligent man and while walking in darkness, he used that intelligence for all the wrong purposes. After he met Jesus, he used his intelligence to serve God. He conformed his life to honor Jesus rather than trying to conform Jesus to himself. Because Paul submitted to God, he preached the Gospel boldly with no gimmicks. Because Paul preached truth instead of lies, we can read his letters and see how we are supposed to live.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” – 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

That’s the Gospel in simple, straightforward terms. Today, we seem to rely on gimmicks to spread the Gospel. Too many pastors are afraid to preach God’s truth and Scripture is compromised. They see it as being more important to protect the tax-exempt status than it is to preach the truth. Above all, don’t make anyone uncomfortable about their sin, because if you preach against sin, they may not donate to the collection plate. The Apostle Paul was more interested in preaching God’s truth than amassing a fortune.

The people of Thessalonica readily received God’s truth, even without gimmicks. Why is it that today, the pure word of God is deemed insufficient?

“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:13.

God’s truth hasn’t changed. People need to hear it in order to find salvation. Why do we think we need to compromise God’s truth today? Are we sharing the Gospel or something that Satan has twisted?

“We are not makers and inventors; we are repeaters, we tell the message we have received” – Charles Spurgeon.

What message are we promoting? Is it the same message which Paul promoted on his many missionary journeys? Is it the same Gospel which Peter embraced when feeding the flock just as Jesus called him to do? What are people led to believe when they sit and listen to their pastor on Sunday mornings not mention Christ and why He died for us? Or when the pastor preaches about prosperity or New Age teachings? The prosperity Gospel is false doctrines. What about the purpose driven gimmick, or some other nonsense, instead of preaching the truth of the Gospel? Unless the pure Gospel is taught, you aren’t being given God’s truth. We aren’t to create new truths, but we are to preach the old truth found in Scripture. The Gospel is never to be considered old fashion, obsolete, or obscure.

“New Age”, seeker friendly teachings are really just the same old lies Satan has always used to draw people away from God’s truth. Meditation and yoga are both wrong for Christians and shouldn’t be found within our congregations. We don’t see Jesus practicing these things, and neither should we. Scripture does tell us to meditate upon the things of God, and that is very different than the Eastern meditation which promotes emptying your mind. If you make your mind empty, demons can easily enter. Scripture encourages us to meditate upon God and His truth. In his first letter to the young pastor Timothy, Paul gave quite a teaching that every seminary seems to have forgotten to teach.

“Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them: that thy profiting may appear to all.” – 1 Timothy 4:15.

Meletao is the Greek word translated “meditate upon”. According to Vine’s Expository Dictionary it means “to care for, attend carefully”. Paul encouraged Timothy to be confident in his ministry. In verse 15, Paul tells Timothy to “Meditate on these things”. To find out what things to meditate upon, read the previous chapters. Remember, we may not all stand before a congregation and preach, but all Christians need to represent our Lord. It’s easy to sit in a pew on Sunday, or put a bumper sticker on your vehicle that says “Honk if you love Jesus”, or wear a t-shirt with a catchy saying, but it’s a lot harder to show God’s grace in our daily walk. Are you able to defend your faith? Peter says you need to and tells us how to do that.

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:” – 1 Peter 3:15.

You cannot have an answer for your hope if you twist your body into ridiculous positions while emptying your mind in hopes of opening chakras in order to release the kundalini spirit in you. That’s all very satanic. Sadly, this practice is permeating our Christian congregations and is practiced by many Christians. Don’t be deceived by lies.

Jesus didn’t promote a “seeker friendly” doctrine. He forgave sinners, but He urged them to leave their sin behind. He knows your sins and mine, and loves us in spite of our shortcomings. Don’t be deceived, but study Scripture and be sure your pastor preaches God’s truth from Genesis through Revelation. It’s important to encourage unsaved people to come to church, but it’s important that they find truth being preached there. Lies might fill the pews, but won’t save souls, only the truth of God can do that. That truth isn’t found in the latest trend, or a book written by someone who has written it in order to make themselves rich. God’s truth is found in Scripture. Study it.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” – 2 Timothy 2:15.

If lies are sneaking into your congregation, then take a stand against the lies. If your plea for truth is rejected, find another congregation to join. Maybe God is calling you to start a home fellowship in your home.

The Apostle Paul had a clear conscience. Although he had been, by his own description, the greatest of sinners, after he met Jesus, he only served Him and spread the Gospel without gimmicks. In his final meeting with the elders of Ephesus. He encouraged them to not stray from preaching truth. He was an example of how these elders, and those that have come after them, should teach.

“Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” – Acts 20:26-28.

Paul had been guilty of great sin prior to meeting Christ, but after he met Jesus on the road to Damascus, he shared the Gospel without compromise, and lived to honor Christ. Because he wasn’t seeker friendly, many people came to a saving faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross. If someone heard Paul’s words then decided to reject Jesus, Paul wasn’t guilty of that person’s eternal death. Today, there are many congregations that only hear lies and a watered-down Gospel. How many souls are being lost for lake of hearing truth?

In his second letter to Timothy, Paul encouraged the young pastor to preach truth.

“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” – 2 Timothy 4:1-2.

Maybe instead of pastors being indoctrinated in seminaries, they should study Scripture. Only God’s word is inspired by the Holy Spirit and any teaching or practice other than that which is found in God’s word is questionable and should be rejected.

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” – 2 Timothy 4:3-4.

We are living in that time. Sound doctrine isn’t compatible with the “woke” generation. Lies and fables are acceptable by pastors and congregations, but only God’s truth will lead a person to salvation. Turn away from lies and turn to God’s truth.

God bless you all,

Nathele Graham
[email protected]
[email protected]

All original scripture is “theopneustos” God breathed.

If you’d like to be on my mailing list to receive the commentaries just drop me an email and let me know.

https://www.raptureforums.com/ron-nathele-graham/turn-away-from-lies/

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Evolution is a lie that has no place within the Christian community.
When I was in school, we were taught mostly about the (old) age of the earth.
It was a small, conservative school and community. I would say the majority of teachers were Christians. We were not taught that we came from monkeys. I honestly think they believe what they taught. My daddy studied the Bible a lot and I think he believed the earth was old also.

I didn't learn about young earth until I was an adult. Finally, things made sense to me.

I am teaching my grandkids about young earth and Genesis already. And their school is teaching them the earth is billions of years old.

Anyhow, good article.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Believers have someone/something this world does not that is :fish and the Holy Spirit who is our teacher and comforter. His :bible word gives us knowledge and wisdom to apply what we know. The truth about life is in his :bible word. We are not to be misled by lying words because that is not the Spirit of truth, but the lies of :diablo.

Carl

I never had a problem with old earth/universe until I really got into the Bible. After adding up the generations that I could find in Genesis and then reading what the Jews say is the time of Creation I stopped thinking about old earth. It just ain't old. Then I read what else has been published about young earth and when Creation. It makes more sense than does old earth/universe.

The only way that a Christian can think millions of years is if they discount parts of the Bible. If they do that throw the whole Bible away because it just isn't the same if parts of the Bible are missing!

I got into a discussion with a catholic deacon once about myths in the old testament. He mentioned the one about Jonah. I said then Jesus told stories because he quoted from the book of Jonah! Then I brought up a couple more of those old testament myths. He walked away shaking his head. He just didn't know how to respond.

Andy C

I got into a discussion with a catholic deacon once about myths in the old testament. He mentioned the one about Jonah. I said then Jesus told stories because he quoted from the book of Jonah! Then I brought up a couple more of those old testament myths. He walked away shaking his head. He just didn't know how to respond.
He probably wasn’t use to engaging with someone who not only reads, but studies the bible. I have only known a few catholics, and none of them knew very much about the contents of the bible.

DWB

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” – 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
This is our Gospel! So many want to use John 3:16, but that verse does not include the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
The only way that a Christian can think millions of years is if they discount parts of the Bible.

Yep. And something to think about is Adam and Eve were formed as fully mature adults, the plants and animals also seemed to be formed in their mature state as well.....could not God, who's sovereign, form the earth in a mature age as well?

On another note, when Mount St. Helens exploded, scientists were quite surprised to discover that the trees there had been petrified, not over millions of years, but in a matter of days.

Back