Trump warns of 'death and destruction' if charged with a crime

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Personally, I think Trump was a surprisingly good president in terms of what he got done in spite of the constant yowling and howling of the left. Sadly, every good thing he did has been overturned so the march to the fundamental transformation of what used to be our country can continue and succeed. He’s from Queens, NY and isn’t inclined to tuck his tail and go away quietly. I get that but I do think the communists running our country will do all they can to shut him up and shut him down. I do think that right now he’d be better served to withdraw from running again for president and tend to his business interests and start by selling all his holdings in NY and moving his business offices to Florida. I also think this communist transformation is too far along for any Republican to win the presidency again. It matters not if it’s Don or Ron they aren’t winning. Is Trump right to be upset about 2020? Yes as we all should be but it’s water over the dam at this point. The commies were effective in their methods and they aren’t giving them up.
Trump did try his very best and it was amazing how much he was able to do despite the vicious pushback.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I live here in FL and no way is this governor a RINO. Everything that comes out of his mouth and everything that he does here says otherwise.
The sad thing about people who are for another party or someone they like better in their own party tear others down is not right. If something is not true about someone, they should stop trying to ruin their reputation and close their mouth. They will reap what they sow.

penbrat

And that's always been my biggest problem with Trump. He speaks before he thinks. All this does is give fuel to the other side. I sincerely hope we are not here for the next election. If we are and DeSantis is running, my support would go to him. If Trump is the candidate then obviously he would be the better choice than the democrat. But I don't think we will ever have another fair election and I don't even want to think ahead to 2024.

RedRx

I’m not sure how the Republican primary will play out but I do think on a national scale DeSantis is considered a legitimate threat by the Democrats. That’s why they have already been attacking him. He’d also do really well in Florida in a national election and Florida is a key state for any Republican to win.

I still think Trump has lots of support nationally and there will also be other contenders that emerge. I wouldn’t rule out DeSantis though because I think a lot of Republican voters appreciated him standing up to Disney and the indoctrination attempts by the school system. Standing up to liberal nonsense is exactly what I am hoping for from the Republican candidate in 2024.

It may not matter in the end anyway. Certain demographics will blindly vote for incompetent candidates based on feelings rather than thoughts and at best my vote does what it always has done: offset one liberal vote. The reality is Republicans may never win another election assuming we’re here long enough to even vote.

antitox

Here's my spin: I think the point Trump is making is that if AG's weaponize their offices, we will certainly be a banana republic. No one will be safe. You know that having total power over everyone leads to the worst oppression. I've read up on China and Iran. Terrible torture (the most heinous) still goes on today. That's what total power leads to.

KellieSpeaks

This is embarrassing and gives the appearance that my Trump-hating relatives were right that he is a loose cannon, not mentally stable, etc etc.(Not saying they are but it is giving fodder for them.)
I think I will vote for someone else in the primaries.
This is just a lack of wisdom.
I have considered not voting at all at this point. I am really tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I am not proclaiming Trump to be like the machine however, we cannot pretend he is a man of God. He is not.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I have considered not voting at all at this point. I am really tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I am not proclaiming Trump to be like the machine however, we cannot pretend he is a man of God. He is not.
I know how you feel. We’ve got to try though. All we can do is try to make the best decision we can and vote. God will take it from there.
As for Trump’s salvation, only God knows his heart. I do think he meant well and continues to mean well.
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forums!

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Being part of the restrainer is about doing small tasks to hold back evil. I see voting as one of these things. Unfortunately all we can do in politics is the 'lesser of two evils' these days. On this side of glory that is how it will always be.

Don't be dismayed. Be salty and full of light. Blessings.

PeaceInHim

My problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that its still evil. I don't know the answers and have many questions. I pray we hear the trumpet sound before the next election. My heart is troubled at the thought of choosing the lesser of two evils. Are there any Scriptures that would support choosing the lesser of two evils when it still means choosing evil?

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
My problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that its still evil. I don't know the answers and have many questions. I pray we hear the trumpet sound before the next election. My heart is troubled at the thought of choosing the lesser of two evils. Are there any Scriptures that would support choosing the lesser of two evils when it still means choosing evil?

[Rom 3:23 NKJV] 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

How does humanity define evil? God defines it as above.

Take the story of Rehab for a good example.

[Jos 2:1-21 NKJV] 1 Now Joshua the son of Nun sent out two men from Acacia Grove to spy secretly, saying, "Go, view the land, especially Jericho." So they went, and came to the house of a harlot named Rahab, and lodged there.
2 And it was told the king of Jericho, saying, "Behold, men have come here tonight from the children of Israel to search out the country."
3 So the king of Jericho sent to Rahab, saying, "Bring out the men who have come to you, who have entered your house, for they have come to search out all the country."
4 Then the woman took the two men and hid them. So she said, "Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they [were] from.
5 "And it happened as the gate was being shut, when it was dark, that the men went out. Where the men went I do not know; pursue them quickly, for you may overtake them."
6 (But she had brought them up to the roof and hidden them with the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order on the roof.)
7 Then the men pursued them by the road to the Jordan, to the fords. And as soon as those who pursued them had gone out, they shut the gate.
8 Now before they lay down, she came up to them on the roof,
9 and said to the men: "I know that the LORD has given you the land, that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land are fainthearted because of you.
10 "For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who [were] on the other side of the Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed.
11 "And as soon as we heard [these things], our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the LORD your God, He [is] God in heaven above and on earth beneath.
12 "Now therefore, I beg you, swear to me by the LORD, since I have shown you kindness, that you also will show kindness to my father's house, and give me a true token,
13 "and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death."
14 So the men answered her, "Our lives for yours, if none of you tell this business of ours. And it shall be, when the LORD has given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with you."
15 Then she let them down by a rope through the window, for her house [was] on the city wall; she dwelt on the wall.
16 And she said to them, "Get to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you. Hide there three days, until the pursuers have returned. Afterward you may go your way."
17 So the men said to her: "We [will be] blameless of this oath of yours which you have made us swear,
18 "unless, [when] we come into the land, you bind this line of scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and unless you bring your father, your mother, your brothers, and all your father's household to your own home.
19 "So it shall be [that] whoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood [shall be] on his own head, and we [will be] guiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood [shall be] on our head if a hand is laid on him.
20 "And if you tell this business of ours, then we will be free from your oath which you made us swear."
21 Then she said, "According to your words, so [be] it." And she sent them away, and they departed. And she bound the scarlet cord in the window.

Pay careful attention to vs 4 - 6 where Rahab lied to the king of Jericho (her sovereign). She chose to lie rather than to turn God's children over to the king to be executed. Sometimes when both choices are sin we have to choose the lesser of two evils. In this case lie rather than kill.

Don't cast Rahab out as a just pagan either. Hebrews 11 mentions her as a hero of the faith (Heb 11:31). I have confidence that we will see her in heaven one day.

In a sinful world, in some circumstances, sometimes both choices are sin. We must choose the lesser.

Last edited:

Jan51

[Rom 3:23 NKJV] 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

How does humanity define evil? God defines it as above.

Take the story of Rehab for a good example.

Pay careful attention to vs 4 - 6 where Rahab lied to the king of Jericho (her sovereign). She chose to lie rather than to turn God's children over to the king to be executed. Sometimes when both choices are sin we have to choose the lesser of two evils. In this case lie rather than kill.

Don't cast Rahab out as a just pagan either. Hebrews 11 mentions her as a hero of the faith (Heb 11:31). I have confidence that we will see her in heaven one day.

In a sinful world, in some circumstances, sometimes both choices are sin. We must choose the lesser.
I agree with all that. And, she was in the line if Christ!

Back