Trump tells CNN to shift conservative and make him their main attraction

Andy C

Exactly
His bragging has been there from the very beginning this is nothing new.
Very confused at the almost abandonment and treatment of him on this board as of late. :tsk

We are not going to get some strong man of God for President. I don’t know what people are expecting.
He looks like he is the one abandoning the GOP and is going his own way no matter who he hurts politically. That is not following well established Ronald Reagan rules.

Trumps circus barker manners worked well for him last time, but wont cut it this time around.

Trump is NOT a social conservative, at least not fully committed.

Still, there is something that draws me to him, just not near as strong as it was last time, and Im sure many true conservatives agree with me.

New blood, Ron DeSantis.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
His bragging has been there from the very beginning this is nothing new.
Very confused at the almost abandonment and treatment of him on this board as of late. :tsk

I've made some comments with regards to being disappointed with Trump with his behavior post election. Does that mean I've abandoned him as a candidate for office? No. Because my exposure to a lot of things is quite limited most of the time I never was exposed to Trumps bragging the way I've seen it in recent days. Does that mean I wouldn't vote for him? No. I don't expect to have a perfect person run for office because there are none. Frankly, I have my doubts that any person other than Trump could withstand attacks from the left the way he has and still be able to function. I very much dislike his attacking other decent people like DeSantis. Should I keep that to myself and not share it lest someone think I'm "abandoning" Trump? Should we not discuss what's going on out there in the world? We do that here every day.

I think the confusion you speak of is a lack of comprehension that people are merely stating how they feel about some recent events with regards to a man who has in recent years been important to our country.

soundingthealarm

The one thing that even though being friendly to Israel, he did call for a two state solution AND I’ve always feared if “Christians” seemingly cooled on him would he treat Christian’s like he has others he’s grown frustrated with?

I voted for him twice ,,,,BUT I truly believe we are just relegated to the lesser of two evils.

I have really admired how DeSantis has led by example to The whole country despite being hugely blasted during Covid. He’s stuck to his guns the whole time he’s been in position.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I'd like to see Ron DeSantis remain gov'ner of Florida for now. He's done a lot of good for that state and for the people of Florida, I hope he stays there as gov'ner for now. He was just re-elected. He should stay there for the rest of his term, IMHO.
I believe his heart is in Florida standing up for the people in the state he lives. I don't see him abandoning them.

Jaybird

I
The one thing that even though being friendly to Israel, he did call for a two state solution AND I’ve always feared if “Christians” seemingly cooled on him would he treat Christian’s like he has others he’s grown frustrated with?

I voted for him twice ,,,,BUT I truly believe we are just relegated to the lesser of two evils.

I have really admired how DeSantis has led by example to The whole country despite being hugely blasted during Covid. He’s stuck to his guns the whole time he’s been in position.
I agree. There are some things that he has done that I don't agree with, but his decision not to close down the state due to Covid was definitely a great idea. Unfortunately, in this day and age it is a choice between the lesser of two evils, but he has more positives than negatives. At least for now.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
We are not going to get some strong man of God for President. I don’t know what people are expecting.
You're right, Angie, we aren't going to get a strong man of God as President. I don't think that anyone actually expects that to happen. Personally, I would like to think that a man who is gracious and kind toward others might be considered as a potential candidate. In addition to that, I would like to have the opportunity to vote for a candidate who is a very strong supporter of Israel. We have a young man here in the Midwest who has those qualities & more, but our country has grown too far away from God to have the wisdom to vote for someone like this.

NewWine2020

Trump also made fun of Virginia Gov Youngkin saying his name sounds “Chinese“ Yon Kin.

Trump will quickly insult his way through all he thinks might oppose him.

And probably some who could have been his allies. I think he's pretty much played the role that God anointed him for and should now fade into the background and support grown ups with financial backing.

It's really a shame but his grossly over inflated pride and ego have made him an even bigger liability for bringing meaningful change to the nation than he was as the POTUS.

GotGrace

Trump tells CNN to shift conservative and make him their main attraction
Former president says if CNN had a channel with him on it all the time, it would be the 'most successful network in history.’
Israel National News
Nov 11, 2022

Former President Donald Trump reacted to a disappointing showing by many Republican candidates he endorsed in Tuesday’s midterms by taking a dig at his longtime nemesis CNN, telling the news network that if they became conservative and featured him as their focal point they would be the “most successful network in history.”

“If CNN were smart, they’d open up a conservative network, only have me on, and it would be the most successful network in History,” Trump posted on his Truth Social platform on Friday.

“Fox only made it because of me, Twitter only made it because of me, and even Facebook is now in the tubes, having lost almost $90 billion since I was taken off, which was considered one of the biggest mistakes in business over the last two years, because with Trump go tens of millions of people who believe in MAGA, who want to Make America Great Again, and put America First!”

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362674
i don’t know what to think of this. I question the wisdom of saying something like this. It’s really a turn off for people.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
think the confusion you speak of is a lack of comprehension that people are merely stating how they feel about some recent events with regards to a man who has in recent years been important to our country.
I really think we should take into consideration the slander and lies and lawsuits he has been put through since 2016
How many of us could stand up against that and not lose our minds? We have the Lord at least to help us, I can’t say the same for him.

There’s a ton of things that irritate me about him, I’d be lying if I said anything else.

I keep seeing (outside here) conservatives trying to throw Trump under the bus in favor of Desantis
The fact that people think he would win the presidency is beyond me. Even Trump said he had to boost RD in his first run bc he was getting clobbered in his election. On a state level that’s different. Governors do not always translate to president:

But if you look closely there are so many known RINOs getting behind RD.
What does that tell you about RD? It shows as a POTUS, he would be totally beholden to fake liberal-Republicans.

All that being said I don’t know why I even care when I do not believe for one second we will ever have a fair election again.
Not will we have a R President, outside God intervening.
Nor do I actually think Trump will ever be President again.

This topic makes me emotional so i just need to hold my peace from now on.

Last edited:

Andy C

I really think we should take into consideration the slander and lies and lawsuits he has been put through since 2016
How many of us could stand up against that and not lose our minds? We have the Lord at least to help us, I can’t say the same for him.

There’s a ton of things that irritate me about him, I’d be lying if I said anything else.

I keep seeing (outside here) conservatives trying to throw Trump under the bus in favor of Desantis
The fact that people think he would win the presidency is beyond me. Even Trump said he had to boost RD in his first run bc he was getting clobbered in his election. On a state level that’s different. Governors do not always translate to president:

But if you look closely there are so many known RINOs getting behind RD.
What does that tell you about RD? It shows as a POTUS, he would be totally beholden to fake liberal-Republicans.

All that being said I don’t know why I even care when I do not believe for one second we will ever have a fair election again.
Not will we have a R President, outside God intervening.
Nor do I actually think Trump will ever be President again.

This topic makes me a emotional so ill will hold my peace from now on.
Ron DeSantis record as Governor speaks for itself. He has shown the strength it takes to stand up to the far left media, and has done so in a fairly humble manner.

I strongly suspect Trump will tear the party apart if or when he feels he is no longer the champion of the GOP. I would hate to see the man I voted twice for become the gift that keeps on giving to the left. His uncontrollable mouth is a political liability that wont work for him as it did in the past.

I still hope he announces next week he will not enter the race, but also understand its probably a done deal he will run.