Trump Makes Surprise Visit to UN Climate Summit

antitox

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-pence-climate-united-nations/2019/09/23/id/933839/

President Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at a climate-change summit at the United Nations General Assembly on Monday.

Trump faced criticism from Democrats and climate activists for scheduling an appearance at a religious freedom event scheduled for the same time as the climate summit. The president in the past has questioned man-made climate change, at one point calling it a Chinese hoax.

But the president denied he intended to snub the climate event on Sunday, pointing to a briefing he received on flooding in the Houston area as evidence he is concerned about climate change.

“It’s not a snub at all. I’m very busy, I’m going on the flights today,” Trump said as he departed the White House on Sunday. “The floods are very important to me, and uh, climate change — everything is very important.”

Trump spent about 15 minutes at the summit and didn’t speak. He listened to remarks by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, then departed.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said Monday that reversing climate change “will require fundamental transformations in society,” such as taxes for pollution and other measures.

“Science also tells us it is not too late, we can do it,” he said.

The climate summit coincided with protests in cities around the world designed to draw attention to man-made climate change.

ItIsFinished!

Bottom line " climate change" = CONTROL.
Let the love of "mother earth" inspire us to willingly hand over our freedoms and liberties under a complete facade.

The audacity for anyone to think we can destroy this planet.
God Himself will destroy it and make it new without a hint of sin.
Let it be known.

TrustinHim

Just had a thought. Suppose that HARP weather modification actually works and some of the record levels of rain etc. are engineered to work hand in hand with climate change hysteria to get control over industry and get otherwise unelectable leftists in office to achieve a total takeover of the country.
Pure speculation but if they could do it I'm sure they would.

moosejive

They had to change the agenda from global warming to climate change because there have been studies showing the warming noted is fairly minimal and within the range normally seen in the past. I remember when I was in high school the bugaboo was “we’re entering another ice age!” :loco

Work4Peanuts

Just had a thought. Suppose that HARP weather modification actually works and some of the record levels of rain etc. are engineered to work hand in hand with climate change hysteria to get control over industry and get otherwise unelectable leftists in office to achieve a total takeover of the country.
I'm certain you know this, but it is a current conspiracy theory.

Salluz

I've been under the impression that the fact that weather has been wonky lately is part of all of creation "groaning as in pains of childbirth" (Romans 8:22) that increases in intensity as Jesus' return draws nearer. Same with "There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)

Luke 21:25 also says "nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." I've certainly heard many perplexed people in anguish over rising sea levels.

The weather changing to become unpredictable and inhospitable is in line with what has been prophesied about the end of the age without a need to bring man-made climate change or conspiracies into the equation.

Work4Peanuts

I've been under the impression that the fact that weather has been wonky lately is part of all of creation "groaning as in pains of childbirth" (Romans 8:22) that increases in intensity as Jesus' return draws nearer. Same with "There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)

Luke 21:25 also says "nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." I've certainly heard many perplexed people in anguish over rising sea levels.

The weather changing to become unpredictable and inhospitable is in line with what has been prophesied about the end of the age without a need to bring man-made climate change or conspiracies into the equation.
(Off-topic- It's nice to see you again Salluz!)

Salluz

Yes! Glad you’re back, @Salluz
Are you okay?
I've been doing pretty good up until just today actually (my cat died today, sadly).

I don't really have a good reason for why I stopped visiting the forums for a while there, though, except maybe that if I don't post for a while I get anxious about coming back. Doesn't make sense at all when I think about it, but sometimes as much as I like to think, I don't do a very good job at it.

I'm actually in Spain right now which has been an experience, but I've only been here a month and I already miss my family and pets. It still hasn't fully hit me that I'll never see my cat again (at least this side of eternity if we can be reunited with our pets)

Normally I have to try a bit to derail a thread, but it seems I've achieved a whole new level and derailed this one with my mere presence :lol

Kaatje

I've been doing pretty good up until just today actually (my cat died today, sadly).

I don't really have a good reason for why I stopped visiting the forums for a while there, though, except maybe that if I don't post for a while I get anxious about coming back. Doesn't make sense at all when I think about it, but sometimes as much as I like to think, I don't do a very good job at it.

I'm actually in Spain right now which has been an experience, but I've only been here a month and I already miss my family and pets. It still hasn't fully hit me that I'll never see my cat again (at least this side of eternity if we can be reunited with our pets)

Normally I have to try a bit to derail a thread, but it seems I've achieved a whole new level and derailed this one with my mere presence :lol
Sorry to hear about you cat, but glad you’re fine.
Have a good time in Spain, but try not to be a stranger to us.
I for one missed your input!

antitox

They had to change the agenda from global warming to climate change because there have been studies showing the warming noted is fairly minimal and within the range normally seen in the past. I remember when I was in high school the bugaboo was “we’re entering another ice age!” :loco
Yes, and before global warming it was "the ice age is coming!":willy

mchro73

Maybe this can also be a sign of the current church age and a "warning". I know, far fetch, but maybe think about that. God can give hints, reminders, do strange things to say "pay attention". He loves us, he would do anything for us.

Ice Age theory = Reminder of the church being cold(Sardis age - Revelation 3:1-6)
Global warming = Reminder of the church being warm, but not strong(Philadelphia age - Revelation 3:7-13)
Climate change = Lukewarm church(Laodicean age - Revelation 3:14-22)

MikeD

Don't feel bad about yourself not coming here for lengths of time. I'm the same way. As a truck driver it's hard to get on this computer thing sometimes. But you're a part of a family here, always appreciated and loved. We'll be in eternity with all these people here!! But don't put yourself down for being absent for periods of time. Your still part of us and will be for all of eternity!!