Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States
After officially filing candidacy papers, former President speaks at Mar-a-Lago, announces his candidacy for the 2024 presidential election.
Elad Benari
Nov 16, 2022

Former US President Donald Trump on Tuesday night spoke from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and formally announced he will run for President in 2024. "America's comeback starts right now," he said. “Two years ago we were a great nation and soon we will be a great nation again.”

Trump said his endorsement success rate in the midterms was 232 wins compared to 22 losses, a rate of 98.6%, “but you won’t hear about that in the media”. Noting there were no Islamist terrorist attacks on US soil during his presidency, Trump added, "In fact, we got along very well with the various countries, including coming up with the Abraham Accords. It's a great thing."

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362862

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Of course, I would MUCH prefer that we go home with Jesus…ASAP…

But if He keeps us here a bit longer, then I want Trump at the helm…

Although I do wish Trump would tone down his boasting. His shooting his mouth off will only lead to shooting himself in the foot. Not that it would slow him down that much, if at all, but still…

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

Also, I wish Trump would allow his hair to go gray, and stop the tanning…

There is something honorable about simply embracing your age…

Put an end to the “Orange Man with Yellow Hair” persona. It’s really not helpful…

Last edited:

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I see I’m on the opposite side of everyone here once again, oh goodness. :oops:

I thought this was the most boring, dry, uninspiring speech Trump has ever given in his life.

He didn’t talk about anything I care about as a voter.

They’ve really beaten him down. I would rather him not run at all than to run on this John McCain-lite. :sad
Where did Trump go.

Last edited:

Andy C

I see I’m on the opposite side of everyone here once again, oh goodness. :oops:

I thought this was the most boring, dry, uninspiring speech Trump has ever given in his life.

He didn’t talk about anything I care about as a voter.

They’ve really beaten him down. I would rather him not run at all than to run on this John McCain-lite. :sad
Where did Trump go.
You dont care about Biden destroying our energy independence and the high inflation, cost of everything going up, foreign relations in the toilet, Afghanistan…etc….Which are just a few topics he hammered Biden on.

Yes, it was not his normal rally type speech, but it was more in tune with a candidate running for President, which actually made him look more Presidential than in the past.

If he can focus on what he will do, vice what he claims happened in 2020, he will be hard to beat. I think he finally has a team around him whose ideas are being heard, vice ignored.

Im still not sold on voting for him in the primary, but tonight was a good down payment.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
which actually made him look more Presidential than in the past.
He won in 2016 with flying colors while separating himself form the average politician. Trump doesn’t need to “sound presidential” to win. People liked how different he was. He lost in 2020 bc of voter fraud. Period.
When I said I don’t care about that stuff I meant in terms of what we just went through with the the fraud and rabid attacks on free speech.
No politicians were as brazen and frank about illegal immigration as Trump in ‘16. He wasn’t acting like every other candidate back then and no one wanted him to.

But even if he runs voter fraud will get him 2024 anyway. No R is going win bc it’s not going to get fixed.

It’s no wonder I didn’t like the speech. Lindsay Graham-nesty just praised the whole thing and loved his speech.

Andy C

He won in 2016 with flying colors while separating himself form the average politician. Trump doesn’t need to “sound presidential” to win. People liked how different he was. He lost in 2020 bc of voter fraud. Period.
When I said I don’t care about that stuff I meant in terms of what we just went through with the the fraud and rabid attacks on free speech.
No politicians were as brazen and frank about illegal immigration as Trump in ‘16. He wasn’t acting like every other candidate back then and no one wanted him to.

But even if he runs voter fraud will get him 2024 anyway. No R is going win bc it’s not going to get fixed.

It’s no wonder I didn’t like the speech. Lindsay Graham-nesty just praised the whole thing and loved his speech.
Yes, he was a different candidate in 2016 compared to probably any other candidate ever, and that worked well for him. IMO, that wont work again. There are many republicans just like me who voted for him twice, but has been turned off by his toddler demeanor. I have followed Trump since at least 1995, and always agreed with his political views he was expressing a few decades or so before 2016.

You cant run on claims about 2020 election that was not proven once in the dozens of court cases. It doesn’t really matter now what happened then, it was not, nor will it ever be legally proven what really happened. He knows thats a losing tone with potential new supporters, and if he stays away from the past Presidential election, he will do himself a huge favor.

As a life long far right Republican, I appreciated what Trump did for the country during his four years in office. And now, as a potential supporter of him again, I want to hear about how he will fix the country moving forward.

Umbrella Girl

Yes, he was a different candidate in 2016 compared to probably any other candidate ever, and that worked well for him. IMO, that wont work again. There are many republicans just like me who voted for him twice, but has been turned off by his toddler demeanor. I have followed Trump since at least 1995, and always agreed with his political views he was expressing a few decades or so before 2016.

You cant run on claims about 2020 election that was not proven once in the dozens of court cases. It doesn’t really matter now what happened then, it was not, nor will it ever be legally proven what really happened. He knows thats a losing tone with potential new supporters, and if he stays away from the past Presidential election, he will do himself a huge favor.

As a life long far right Republican, I appreciated what Trump did for the country during his four years in office. And now, as a potential supporter of him again, I want to hear about how he will fix the country moving forward.
EXACTLY!!

Amethyst

Angie ... †
There are many republicans just like me who voted for him twice, but has been turned off by his toddler demeanor.
You can separate yourself from the pack without using childish insults. No one said he needs to do that. I do recall your specific aversion to his Twitter
Most of his supporters loved it. He called it as he saw it.

I want to hear about how he will fix the country moving forward.
Last night he said everything any other R nominee would say.

Has nothing to do with wishing someone to be childish.

Btw Andy, you and I never see eye to eye on these things and I’ve accepted that.

We just see the political cesspool so differently. We see RINOs so differently, always have.
It’s just a fact and that will have to be “ok.”

Andy C

We just see the political cesspool so differently. We see RINOs so differently, always have.
It’s just a fact and that will have to be “ok.”
No we dont, we agree, you just cant get past my views on the 2020 election. Whats really funny is we actually agree that something happened to allow Biden to win, but I voice my views that it was not ever proven in court and thats what matters. We all have opioins on what happened, none of which will ever be proven nor change the past outcome.

No party will ever have 100 percent die hard members. The GOP will always have a certain amount of RINOs, and without them being elected, the Dems would forever hold a majority. Most RINOS come from states or districts that would never elect a far right candidate, so a moderate runs, and wins. Even the worst RINOs, still supported Trump the majority of times.

Yes, I wish all GOP members were far right, but that will never happen, nor has it ever been the case in the past.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Most RINOS come from states or districts that would never elect a far right candidate,
I agree with that to an extent however that doesn’t mean others should let them rule the entire house/senate. Too many run on “fat right” as you say and then squish under pressure. Those need to be weeded out.

I also think a lot of what I’m saying is a pipe dream. I see where we are in such a mess, how could we get out of this moral and sexual depravity? Genies out of the bottle.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
:whoopdeedo Hopefully this will encourage DeSantis to run.

I do not expect Trump to be elected to anything. I know many who vote for him are quite passionate about redirecting this failing nation.

But too many conservatives find him repulsive. I do not expect Trump to win even if its against Obama.

Remember its not about best, its about majority and if killing infants is a sign,
the majority has crossed the summit and the freedom train is going downhill with no brakes.

Pray for an early derailment, else the crash will be horrendous. IMO

Back