Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States

Amethyst

Angie ... †
No human politician will ever truly fix the mess the world is in, the depravity, and other cesspool issues, but there will come a time, and we both know Who wins in the long run. Until then, politics to me is entertainment, sad, but nevertheless, entertainment.
I don’t think anyone on this board think otherwise. :scratch
I think everyone on this site understand this. We are all Christians looking for our heavenly home. :idunno

But I will call out the ones who pretend otherwise and will not call a RiNo a conservative. I will always choose an actual conservative over a RiNo or subversive any day.
And to the people who don’t agree with talking politics or that they don’t matter “just think about scripture only” why even read any of the political oriented threads if that’s how you feel.

Andy C

I don’t think anyone on this board think otherwise. :scratch
I think everyone on this site understand this. We are all Christians looking for our heavenly home. :idunno

But I will call out the ones who pretend otherwise and will not call a RiNo a conservative. I will always choose an actual conservative over a RiNo or subversive any day.
And to the people who don’t agree with talking politics or that they don’t matter “just think about scripture only” why even read any of the political oriented threads if that’s how you feel.
My comment was not directed at the forum, just trying to post positive thoughts. Sometimes I feel you just want to disagree with me or call me out no matter what I post, and Im ok with that. I have to admit, I have been that way over the years with a few members.

By the way, Trump on many social issues does not have conservative views shared by many on this forum, if not all on this forum.

Dave_97

Again, we are all here for a reason looking for our blessed hope
I don’t know one member on this board who thinks man can “solve” anything
Truly do not understand these sentiments, they baffle me.
Hello @Amethyst. My comment was not aimed at anyone specific on this board, I’m sorry that it came off that way. It wasn’t even aimed at you, although I understand you were communicating with Andy. It’s why I said in the beginning of my post “I agree with this specific part you mention Andy” I was not necessarily agreeing with a side (Andy or you), I was only in agreement with a specific statement Andy mentioned.

My comment was aimed to anyone in general even outside this website that tends to elevate political candidates too much while forgetting Christ is the only one who can truly fix this mess we are in.

cheeky200386

There is no way in the world any former president will run as second banana on a presidential ticket. That was proposed in 1980 when Reagan ran and there was talk of taking former President Gerald Ford as a running mate. They couldn’t reach agreement. Donald Trump is not the type to be second banana to anyone especially given the good he accomplished as president.
No, I mean that Desantis runs as Trump's VP.

penbrat

Hello @Amethyst. My comment was not aimed at anyone specific on this board, I’m sorry that it came off that way. It wasn’t even aimed at you, although I understand you were communicating with Andy. It’s why I said in the beginning of my post “I agree with this specific part you mention Andy” I was not necessarily agreeing with a side (Andy or you), I was only in agreement with a specific statement Andy mentioned.

My comment was aimed to anyone in general even outside this website that tends to elevate political candidates too much while forgetting Christ is the only one who can truly fix this mess we are in.
This. Exactly.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Sometimes I feel you just want to disagree with me or call me out no matter what I post,
I don’t know where this is coming from. I have not replied to any posts of your in a long time if I have I dont remember at all.
but only since you replied to mine. I’m sorry you feel directly attacked but as I said earlier I am obviously in the minority here (I’m used to it) based on their posts many of the members here agree with you, not me.

Again I’m sorry you feel directly attacked and I don’t. Go around ‘calling out’ members :shocked

Andy C

Here is something that makes me bang my head.

Years ago, I posted a thread starting with an article by Jack Kelley titled “Does God appoint all leaders”. Jacks view was the bible was referring to the times of the Old Testament, specifically appointing Kings for Israel. There were differing responses and views by the forum with many agreeing with Jack, but the majority disagreed, and believe God appoints all leaders.

Heres where I bang my head. If most Christians believe God appoints all leaders, then why blame the democrats for cheating, if God was the One who appointed Biden? Wouldn’t that mean that God allowed whatever means necessary to achieve His Will? If it required more democrats to vote, or more to cheat, He allowed whatever it took.

Im just going to keep looking up until my neck gets stiff, then look around for awhile at whats happening around me, then look back up and suffer through the neck pain.

cheeky200386

I agree with this specific part you mention Andy. I also want Christians to see this. There is no such thing as cleaning up all the corruption or “draining the swamp”. No politician can do this. Only Christ at his second coming to rule during the millennium.

I understand the eagerness to fight back the evil, and I want to as well. We can all feel the corruption of sin growing by the day, but a political fallen human being can’t solve this. They will only delay the inevitable. I hope as Christians we don’t become cheerleaders for Trump or whoever runs. We vote for whatever conservative candidate with the understanding and faith that Gods will be done. We can only help slow the decay, not fix it.
I do see many becoming loyal to Trump which is very disturbing to see.

Radah

Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States
After officially filing candidacy papers, former President speaks at Mar-a-Lago, announces his candidacy for the 2024 presidential election.
Elad Benari
Nov 16, 2022

Former US President Donald Trump on Tuesday night spoke from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and formally announced he will run for President in 2024. "America's comeback starts right now," he said. “Two years ago we were a great nation and soon we will be a great nation again.”

Trump said his endorsement success rate in the midterms was 232 wins compared to 22 losses, a rate of 98.6%, “but you won’t hear about that in the media”. Noting there were no Islamist terrorist attacks on US soil during his presidency, Trump added, "In fact, we got along very well with the various countries, including coming up with the Abraham Accords. It's a great thing."

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362862
Thank goodness our Lord and Savior Trump is here! Oh wait..... not so fast Jesus is coming soon believe today time is short!

Amethyst

Angie ... †

Okay I didn’t mean to sound harsh and even if you were ‘taking a side’ you are more than free to do so if you want if that comes to it.
I was just seeing this comment pop up more than a few times and just used yiur post to discuss it.

:hat love to you ❤️

I

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I will bow out of this conversation —everyone knows this stuff makes me emotional but sometimes I want to speak my piece. :hehee

I’ll move on.

ChildofLight

Just my thoughts.

Will Trump 2024?
Trump has a backbone of steal as he has survived a lot thrown at him. Believe it has mostly to do with God’s will. Trump made America great the last time. Can he again? Some say if he wins, he’ll be a lame duck. Some say he is boastful. Really? He is telling what he accomplished. Who else will say it? The media sure doesn’t. The Republican Party sure doesn’t. He also did what he promised during his campaign unlike any of the others in the past. Will the Rinos get behind him or continue to be Rinos. Will you vote for more destruction of America and our freedoms just because you don’t like Trump as a person or his personality? That’s your priority? We’ve had 2 years of this destruction and there are 2 more years to come which will be getting worse. Trump is going to have to tow the line to some extent to get votes from the other side. Nice to have no name calling and degrading others. 2 years is still time to gather more enthusiasm to the people which he will. Trump is a businessman and a deal maker. Trump kept out troops out of wars. Foreign leaders respected him and Trump had that little bit of “crazy” that made leaders unsure what he might do.

Will DeSantis run? Will he win?
DeSantis is a politician. As Governor of Florida, he is backed by supporting republicans in his state. As President he’ll have the deep state. Will he be a compromiser to gain an inch instead gaining a yard? If you think the media will fall in love with him, think again. The democrats evilness will have him as a target as well. Can he and his family stand up to that?

Andy C

I don’t know where this is coming from. I have not replied to any posts of your in a long time if I have I dont remember at all.
but only since you replied to mine. I’m sorry you feel directly attacked but as I said earlier I am obviously in the minority here (I’m used to it) based on their posts many of the members here agree with you, not me.

Again I’m sorry you feel directly attacked and I don’t. Go around ‘calling out’ members :shocked
I dont think you attack me, and I should know, I have been attacked before over the years for some of my views, but thats part of my enjoyment with the forum. I enjoy debate, especially amongst this family of believers. Sometimes Im right, other times wrong. Sometimes I correct, others times Im corrected - Its all good as iron sharpens iron, even a dull blade like me!

Dave_97

Years ago, I posted a thread starting with an article by Jack Kelley titled “Does God appoint all leaders”. Jacks view was the bible was referring to the times of the Old Testament, specifically appointing Kings for Israel. There were differing responses and views by the forum with many agreeing with Jack, but the majority disagreed, and believe God appoints all leaders.

Heres where I bang my head. If most Christians believe God appoints all leaders, then why blame the democrats for cheating, if God was the One who appointed Biden? Wouldn’t that mean that God allowed whatever means necessary to achieve His Will? If it required more democrats to vote, or more to cheat, He allowed whatever it took
I believe this is probably were I would disagree with you @Andy C. Out of respect of course. I think I might have responded in that thread or a similar one.

I’m one of the people that believes God does appoint all leaders. I personally believe this is taught throughout scripture, both Old and New Testament.

I don’t have the time to start another debate here, I have work to finish and I’ve already spent too much time on this thread this morning. This is a deep topic though, but it goes down to our understanding of free will vs Gods ultimate will and sovereignty.

Andy C

I believe this is probably were I would disagree with you @Andy C. Out of respect of course. I think I might have responded in that thread or a similar one.

I’m one of the people that believes God does appoint all leaders. I personally believe this is taught throughout scripture, both Old and New Testament.

I don’t have the time to start another debate here, I have work to finish and I’ve already spent too much time on this thread this morning. This is a deep topic though, but it goes down to our understanding of free will vs Gods ultimate will and sovereignty.
How can you disagree with a view I did not post today? Even on my old thread, I was still caught in between of what I believe God does, or does not do in regards to appointing leaders. My point was if one does not like who wins/steals elections, take it up with Him through prayer.

Dave_97

How can you disagree with a view I did not post today? Even on my old thread, I was still caught in between of what I believe God does, or does not do in regards to appointing leaders. My point was if one does not like who wins/steals elections, take it up with Him through prayer.
I probably understood you wrong then , I guess what I meant to say is I disagree with the other view that does not believe God appoints all leaders

Dan the Elder

Just sayin folks, remember the very central verse of the Bible: Psalms 118:8 "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people". Considering all the "signs" happening around the world today; I have no expectations for things "getting better"on this earth! I see the shadows of the four horsemen on the horizon. Every nation is ready to accept a "world leader", and Jesus is soon coming to take us home, before He pours out His wrath on this sinful, immoral, corrupt, violent, idolatrous, blasphemous, world As it says in Philippians 3:20 "But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior"!

Keep in mind, the presidential election is still two years away (which is a long time the way things are happening). Remember, there are many people who declare they will do "whatever it takes" to keep Donald Trump from becoming president again. Don't focus on who has control of the house, or who is in the white house -- focus on who is in Control of Everything -- Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an old Veteran who always voted and respected our Flag. I wasn't surprised by the election results and ('m "Letting Go"!!
Normal ain't Comin Back -- Jesus IS

Maranatha and God Bless, Dan

Back