Trump designates churches essential!

Amethyst

Angie ... †
https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/trump-orders-all-places-of-worship-to-open-declaring-them-essential/
Trump orders all places of worship to open, declaring them essential

President Trump announced Friday that all houses of worship would be considered “essential services” and urged governors to “do the right thing” and let them reopen immediately.

“Today, I am identifying houses of worship, churches, synagogues, and mosques, as essential places that provide essential services,” Trump said in a sudden White House briefing.

“Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics is essential, but have left out churches and other houses of worship, it’s not right. So I am correcting this injustice am calling houses of worship essential. I call upon governors to allow churches and places of worship to open right now,” the president said, adding that he’d overrule governors who don’t comply.

Trump said Thursday he had planned to take “a very strong position” on church reopenings as the country struggles to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed at least 95,000 Americans to date.

“One of the things I want to do is get the churches open,” Trump told reporters Thursday outside White House lawn.

“The churches are not being treated with respect by a lot of the Democrat governors. I want to get the churches open, and we’re going to take a very strong position on that very soon. … Including mosques.”

Trump’s comments came after Chicago began fining churches for holding services that do not comply with Democrat Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s statewide stay-at-home order.

The Chicago Police Department told Fox News that three churches will be hit with penalties for services that were held on Sunday.

Some churches that had alreaqdy reopening later closed after congregants came down with coronavirus.

A Georgia church that reopened a few weeks ago is closing its doors again after several families came down with COVID-19.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle in Ringgold welcomed worshipers back into the sanctuary April 26 after shutting down in response to the pandemic, the Christian Post reported.

Two weeks later on May 11, church leaders announced plans to suspend services after several parishioners tested positive for the virus.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Bring it. Greater is He that is with us than the entire DNC.
You got that right. You noticed they kept liquor stores open. This world hates the light and the truth. ByGod'sGrace, I was typing while you put your post up, and I see great minds think alike because we both mentioned the liquor stores. I didn't even see your post till after I typed mine.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
You got that right. You noticed they kept liquor stores open. This world hates the light and the truth. ByGod'sGrace, I was typing while you put your post up, and I see great minds think alike because we both mentioned the liquor stores. I didn't even see your post till after I typed mine.
Haha, I love that!! Yes, it has bothered me greatly that liquor stores were essential, but churches are not. That is very crazy to me.

J2

And it didn’t take long for people on social media in Seattle to start saying they are happy churches will open so that Christians And Trump supporters die from Covid. Will make their lives so much better! We can see how the rapture will be celebrated with our removal.

(edited “survivors” to supporters! Lol)

Last edited:

JSTyler

And it didn’t take long for people on social media in Seattle to start saying they are happy churches will open so that Christians And Trump survivors die from Covid. Will make their lives so much better! We can see how the rapture will be celebrated with our removal.
"And ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the left..."

I wonder how many of them will survive long enough to cry out to the mountains for a quick death and burial? Sadly, there's no hiding place in existence for them. These folk need our prayers before it's too late for them :pray

vbf

Kayleigh McEnany , who is really impressing, scolded the dispicable liberal media yesterday regarding Trumps' order to reopen churches this weekend during her brief with the scum reporters. Only in the dimented and twisted mind of a liberal can abortion clinics and liquor stores be essential whereas churches are not.

Jette_516

We are reopening next Sunday. I have mixed emotions, but feel that it is time to test the waters. I’ve decided to wholeheartedly put our family’s health and fate in the Lord’s hands by putting feet to my faith. DH is a high risk individual, isolation is working on my anxiety, and I need to confront my fear in Jesus’ name. I’m planning to resume my work schedule on Tuesday, a week early, to try to combat the listlessness that I feel.

bigmoose

Expect churches to struggle. Our small gathering may not make it as an "organization with rented space" but we will continue gathering in homes and fellowship independently. We talked with leaders who opened two weeks ago, and they are only seeing less than 30% of previous attendance. When called, many of the senior, older folks are reticent to closely gather "till they can understand what is really going on, and assess their risk of attending." A 500 person gathering laid off all part time staff a month ago, and is already in difficulty with mortgage and utility payments...

We need to pray for all our Christian family here. The battle in the heavenlies must be beyond imagination! I think we are seeing a direct attack upon our old way of gathering for fellowship. We must be nimble, I think, and adapt. Assess, adapt, and put into action something that keeps our fellowship active. Remember, the "priesthood of ALL believers..." It is not only some that can preach The Word and break bread.

He is our Head, we are His bride. His Church is not the building or grounds. More reason to pray without ceasing.

MikeD

This coming Sunday our church will be opening up! However only a few may attend not the whole congregation. Emails will be sent to families when it's their turn. Was overwhelmed when my wife told me our names were on the list to attend this Sunday!! Our Pastor has told us in all this our church hasn't suffered very much at all. Members have been sending in tithes by the donations page on the church's web site. Pastor's wife said when he saw this happening he went on his knees praying Thanks giving in tears!! Love our church and our Pastor. Oh and our Pastor is CONSTANTLY TELLING us don't be so bothered about all this. Seems as tho' we'll be leaving here very soon !!