True Wireless Earbuds

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I've tried and returned about 7 sets of true wireless earbuds from Amazon with ear hooks that I wanted to use with tiny mp3 players for when I'm running. In every case, if the product wasn't dead on arrival, then within a few days they'd stop pairing with each other and or have charging problems, except in one case where they worked for 3 weeks.

They were all supposed to be IPX7 or IPX8... so you'd think they could handle a little sweat. I have a pair of working earbuds with ear hooks that have a wire connecting the two buds, but I like the true wireless better, but I haven't been able to find a set that'll withstand the test of time...

I would imagine that powerbeats would probably be fine but they only work with apple and android, and only with android after you install an app... so I can't try powerbeats.

Does anyone have experience with true wireless earbuds with ear hooks that have proven themselves over time when used for cardiovascular workouts where you're sweating a good bit?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Made in China, were they? Figures. You probably got the Wuhan 1000, Each pair comes installed with an insertable virus. Crank up the Beatles, then you really get bugged!

I tried a lot of them and it seems the entire market segment of wireless earbuds with ear hooks are junk. Most were in the $30-40 range. Amazon has a couple pair that are about twice that cost-wise, but the reviews led me to believe they're no better than the ones I tried. I'd be willing to pay more for some that would last at least a couple of years. The sellers offer free extended warranties, but disappear and reappear under different names frequently. Most are operating under multiple pseudonyms at any given time.

Whether it's junk or the best that the world has to offer, almost all of this kind of stuff is made in China or other southeast Asian countries.

Over the years I've rarely returned anything I've purchased but I think the UPS people at the local store have begun to recognize me recently...

SkyRider

Never tried any of them. I do use the Bose noise cancelling headsets when I’m out on the John Deere Zero-turn riding lawn mower [shameless plugs] cutting our two acres of fine Kentucky Fescue grass. Gotta have my music playing while I’m out there sipping on a cool Gatorade Frost Blue beverage!

JSTyler

I've tried and returned about 7 sets of true wireless earbuds from Amazon with ear hooks that I wanted to use with tiny mp3 players for when I'm running. In every case, if the product wasn't dead on arrival, then within a few days they'd stop pairing with each other and or have charging problems, except in one case where they worked for 3 weeks.

They were all supposed to be IPX7 or IPX8... so you'd think they could handle a little sweat. I have a pair of working earbuds with ear hooks that have a wire connecting the two buds, but I like the true wireless better, but I haven't been able to find a set that'll withstand the test of time...

I would imagine that powerbeats would probably be fine but they only work with apple and android, and only with android after you install an app... so I can't try powerbeats.

Does anyone have experience with true wireless earbuds with ear hooks that have proven themselves over time when used for cardiovascular workouts where you're sweating a good bit?
Not earbuds but I can recommend Aftershokz bone conduction, open ear head sets. I have the Open Move and the Aeropex pairs and they are amazing. Now to be clear, I'm very hearing impaired and have them to compensate for extreme air-conduction hearing loss but for someone with normal hearing and active like you are they are a fantastic option.

Great sound, very comfortable and very high quality. The idea of being aware of my surroundings really appeals to me. It took some adjustment to get used to hearing through my skull and via my one okay ear at the same time, but it wasn't more than a few hours and my brain sorted things out. Annnnnd I CAN HEAR STEREO for the first time in my adult life. My old hearing aid helped and may do so again when I'm released to use it, but at its best it was never even close to the bone conduction.

Two caveats; they're rather expensive and the company virtue signals their wokeness like crazy.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Jabra Elite Active 75t available from Amazon but kind of pricey at around $180

Those are great but don't have the hooks that go around the ears. My son has a pair of the 65t's. He runs in them but I'd be worried about them falling out of my ears. I've tried that style without the earhooks and they have fallen out of my ears a time or two.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Not earbuds but I can recommend Aftershokz bone conduction, open ear head sets. I have the Open Move and the Aeropex pairs and they are amazing.

I've seen people wearing that style for an exercise activity. I'd prefer the true wireless with the ear hooks.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
I've had several pair of wireless ear buds. Most have been so-so. I currently have a pair of Vankyo, model MI106, that I love!
No ear hooks, however, they stay in well. I wear one at work often & am quite active. No problems falling out. I changed out the rubber tips to the largest that came with them & they are great. Maybe I just have large ear holes?
The sound is excellent, including base, & the battery life is amazing.
They can be used individually, left or right only, if desired.
They work great with my Samsung and are easy to pare.
I believe they were in the $40 - $50 range around a year ago. Amazon, of course :(
Hope this helps.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I use Jlab booth ear buds and headphones with wire's for my music stuff and I've had the same pair for almost like 3 years and they are awesome! I use them when working out side or clean house walks etc etc Not to bad of a price either you can find them at Walmart. They come in truly wireless. Blue tooth. And headphones.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I believe they were in the $40 - $50 range around a year ago. Amazon, of course :(
Hope this helps.

I've got some true wireless earbuds without the earhooks. If I put the larger plugs on them they're less likely to fall out while I'm running, but I want the earhooks. I just don't understand why the ones with ear hooks have all failed very quickly while the ones without seem fine, even the ones I experimented running in didn't seem bothered by the sweat...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I use Jlab booth ear buds and headphones with wire's for my music stuff and I've had the same pair for almost like 3 years and they are awesome! I use them when working out side or clean house walks etc etc Not to bad of a price either you can find them at Walmart. They come in truly wireless. Blue tooth. And headphones.

Aren't those for the Apple world, though? I haven't tried those because their charger shows the apple proprietary thingamajig. I don't have anything to plug that in to. Also, I think I would need a special app to use it with android and it probably wouldn't work with my little generic mp3 players that I put the audio books on.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Aren't those for the Apple world, though? I haven't tried those because their charger shows the apple proprietary thingamajig. I don't have anything to plug that in to. Also, I think I would need a special app to use it with android and it probably wouldn't work with my little generic mp3 players that I put the audio books on.
Haha no it's not for apple I have a cheap android and it works without an app. I use it on my Bluetooth pm3 sometimes as well. If you're mp3 or phone has Bluetooth then it will work for any phones.

JSTyler

I've got some true wireless earbuds without the earhooks. If I put the larger plugs on them they're less likely to fall out while I'm running, but I want the earhooks. I just don't understand why the ones with ear hooks have all failed very quickly while the ones without seem fine, even the ones I experimented running in didn't seem bothered by the sweat...
You collect sweat a lot more behind the ears and it tends to 'pool' there. That's what my otolayrngologist says. I was going through 1 hearing aid speaker/connector a year due to sweat until I was witched to a different brand that must use better materials.

pixelpusher

Timbers, why not just mod a pair to have earhooks if they don't? Or a neck strap, you could simply superglue a string to the buds and clip them to your clothing, for instance. Or get creative with pipe cleaners (do they even still make those?) or take some plastic ear hooks from some other kind.

eta: superglue a string to them, like the kind of earplugs for shooting. Put some appropriate sized heat shrink tube over the string and glue point and shrink it up. small alligator clip to your collar.

Batman

My wife has a birthday on Thursday and she wants a wireless earbud that has the ear hooks. We looked at Best Buy and she chose a brand that she wants me to consider buying but I'm very concerned in the longevity. I guess it's a gift so I should just be concerned about getting them and let it work itself out after that. Later on I'd like to be able to get a pair of wireless Apple air pods for me, but not the kind that go in the ear canal.