Trudeau is forcing Canadian farmers to use 30% less fertilizer.

athenasius

Trudeau -- Canada's dictator is now demanding a 30% cut in fertilizer. This is a world wide disaster, combined with the lack of wheat coming out of the Ukraine right now. It's because nitrogen fertilizer is made using natural gas for the most part. Natural gas is found in good supply here in Western Canada particularly in Alberta. So of course it's evil according to Trudeau and his merry gang of leftist lunatics.

To put this in perspective I looked at Wheat exports per country which explains who feeds the globe, not just who produces a lot of wheat. Who makes enough to send it around the world? That is the statistic that matters. Otherwise China would lead the pack followed by India, but they eat it all up and import more. So who sells their surplus to feed the rest of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wheat_exports

#CountryQuantity
tonnes
Value
in thousands of USD
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany
23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png
Kazakhstan
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland

Russia is first, closely followed by the USA and Canada, then France is next and Ukraine is 5th.

Of course fertilizer isn't just about wheat, it's also other grains like corn, rice, millet, oats, barley, and then it affects the meat substitutes made from soybeans and other legumes, but further up the food chain it also means reduced beef, pork and chicken production. Because grains, hay and even legumes feed cattle, hogs, sheep, and chickens who also lay eggs. So Dairy and Egg production will be hit too.

Holland -- one of the biggest meat producers in Europe has suddenly forced it's farmers to quit using fertilizer, and kill off their cattle to reduce the evil carbon or whatever it is that is driving the politicians of Europe insane with rage.

Trudeau's new idea will result in starving people in the third world if not a few at home too. But as this article points out, the left will "rescue" Canadian victims by raising taxes and giving bonuses so poor people can afford the rising prices. Yeah, that is their solution!

They won't even be able to buy a soy burger on a wheatless bun. Because the high taxes will kill off the small businesses that employed them. No govt subsidy will put out this dumpster fire in the making.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np...-while-turning-a-blind-eye-to-human-suffering

"..the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is ploughing ahead with its plan to reduce emissions of nitrous oxide, a byproduct of nitrogen-based fertilizers, by 30 per cent over the next eight years. This became a flashpoint late last week following a meeting of federal and provincial agriculture ministers in Saskatoon, and anger has been growing since.

According to the Government of Saskatchewan, the provinces had to push to get the fertilizer issue onto the agenda, only to find out that the target had already been set.”The Trudeau government has apparently moved on from their attack on the oil and gas industry and set their sights on Saskatchewan farmers,” said Saskatchewan Agriculture Minister David Marit.
"

The article goes on

"As Gunter Jochum, president of Western Canadian Wheat Growers, pointed out, “Farmers don’t need the government to tell them how to properly use fertilizer.” Yet they are the ones who will be footing the bill: according to an independent study from MNP, the policy will cost Canadian farmers over $48 billion in lost revenue from Canola, corn and wheat sales over the next eight years.

Along with the development of high-yield crops and effective pesticides, the use of industrial fertilizers can be credited with the world’s ability to feed more people than ever. Over the past 70 years, the global population increased 204 per cent, yet modern farming techniques, including the use of fertilizers, has allowed the per capita calorie supply, the average daily quantity of food energy available to a population, to increase practically everywhere.
"

So something that has been a blessing for 70 years (a biblical number there!) is now a bad thing and must be stopped.

Which is further evidence of the globalist plans in motion to kill off most of humanity. What they can't abort, they will starve starting with baby formula, ending with breaking the food supply chain.

And that looks like Revelation 6: 5-6 --the Third Seal.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

More stage setting for the final 7 years of the Tribulation period.

JamesSuth

There is going to be a world wide fertiliser shortage with some of the usual suppliers (Russia and Ukraine) being out of the picture. And so the response of our evil leftist governments is to intentionally make it even worse. It may well be more stage setting for the Tribulation. Every year that passes I feel the restrainer is holding everything back to an even greater extent. I used to wonder how all the events of the Tribulation would be instigated, but increasingly I wonder at how God is holding them back from taking place. He is amazing.

MapleLeaf

Some of the justifications I have been hearing for the reduction of farming as a whole sound eerily similar to what happened to the kulaks in Ukraine before the Holodomor. "They aren't using the land efficiently". "They are getting too rich and not paying their share". It goes back to city people = smart and farmers = dumb. City people with no husbandry experience trying to take over and micromanage the production of food while the hospital administration is bloating itself up and telling trained doctors what to do to the point of ERs shutting down all over the country.

The food reduction stuff is truly scary. They HAVE to know that is bad news even if they truly believe farms need to reduce emissions. They HAVE to know this is going to result in the deaths of millions of people. I am so super sick of people trying to give the benefit of the doubt at this point. If we can see it then they can too.

athenasius

Some of the justifications I have been hearing for the reduction of farming as a whole sound eerily similar to what happened to the kulaks in Ukraine before the Holodomor. "They aren't using the land efficiently". "They are getting too rich and not paying their share". It goes back to city people = smart and farmers = dumb. City people with no husbandry experience trying to take over and micromanage the production of food while the hospital administration is bloating itself up and telling trained doctors what to do to the point of ERs shutting down all over the country.

The food reduction stuff is truly scary. They HAVE to know that is bad news even if they truly believe farms need to reduce emissions. They HAVE to know this is going to result in the deaths of millions of people. I am so super sick of people trying to give the benefit of the doubt at this point. If we can see it then they can too.
They know.

Trudeau is apparently off on a vacation to Costa Rica. He's outta here till we all forget about it. https://torontosun.com/news/national/trudeau-jets-off-for-a-tropical-vacation-in-costa-rica

"Trudeau’s office has confirmed that he and his family will stay at the same resort that the family visited over Christmas 2019.

That visit cost taxpayers $196,137, according to documents obtained in 2021 by the Canadian Taxpayers’ Federation. Much of that was the cost of maintaining flight crews from the Royal Canadian Air Force on standby.

Trudeau has spent a lot of time in the air lately, increasing the size of his carbon footprint, while preaching the need to change our way of life in the name of climate change. An analysis of Trudeau’s travel schedule shows that he racked up 26,238 kilometres in the air in July, spending all but 11 days in the air last month
."

MapleLeaf

His kissing babies tour and grandpa, I-cut-my-own-hair-haircut didn't do anything to warm people up to him. And then there is the obvious Liberal/establishment plant in the Conservative leadership race in Jean Charest. If he wins the party leadership then we know our country is truly over. I stupidly hold out some hope that there is still some semblance of law and order in this nation. But with all sorts of revelations of scandals coming out and absolutely no real fallout or consequences I am getting nervous. So I keep watching YouTube travel vlogs and pretend its 2019 again. Yeesh.

DWB

I can promise farmers are only using the bare minimum needed. There is no upside to using more than needed other increased costs. If you reduce fertilizer by 30%, the first year may yield similar amounts as before, but subsequent yields will be less and less. You can basically expect a 30% reduction in yield, which will decrease supply, which will increase prices.

alisani

I can promise farmers are only using the bare minimum needed. There is no upside to using more than needed other increased costs. If you reduce fertilizer by 30%, the first year may yield similar amounts as before, but subsequent yields will be less and less. You can basically expect a 30% reduction in yield, which will decrease supply, which will increase prices.
And they know this which tells you everything you need to know about them.

GEOINTAnalyst

In Lev 25 (KJV) we find these words
3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof;
4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the Lord: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.
5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.
6 And the sabbath of the land shall be meat for you; for thee, and for thy servant, and for thy maid, and for thy hired servant, and for thy stranger that sojourneth with thee,
7 And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat.

So every 7 years the fields were not planted this gave the soil time to replenish it nutrients naturally, long before the advent of fertilizer - but there was not 8 Billion people on the planet then either

GotGrace

Trudeau -- Canada's dictator is now demanding a 30% cut in fertilizer. This is a world wide disaster, combined with the lack of wheat coming out of the Ukraine right now. It's because nitrogen fertilizer is made using natural gas for the most part. Natural gas is found in good supply here in Western Canada particularly in Alberta. So of course it's evil according to Trudeau and his merry gang of leftist lunatics.

To put this in perspective I looked at Wheat exports per country which explains who feeds the globe, not just who produces a lot of wheat. Who makes enough to send it around the world? That is the statistic that matters. Otherwise China would lead the pack followed by India, but they eat it all up and import more. So who sells their surplus to feed the rest of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wheat_exports

#CountryQuantity
tonnes
Value
in thousands of USD
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany
23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png
Kazakhstan
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland

Russia is first, closely followed by the USA and Canada, then France is next and Ukraine is 5th.

Of course fertilizer isn't just about wheat, it's also other grains like corn, rice, millet, oats, barley, and then it affects the meat substitutes made from soybeans and other legumes, but further up the food chain it also means reduced beef, pork and chicken production. Because grains, hay and even legumes feed cattle, hogs, sheep, and chickens who also lay eggs. So Dairy and Egg production will be hit too.

Holland -- one of the biggest meat producers in Europe has suddenly forced it's farmers to quit using fertilizer, and kill off their cattle to reduce the evil carbon or whatever it is that is driving the politicians of Europe insane with rage.

Trudeau's new idea will result in starving people in the third world if not a few at home too. But as this article points out, the left will "rescue" Canadian victims by raising taxes and giving bonuses so poor people can afford the rising prices. Yeah, that is their solution!

They won't even be able to buy a soy burger on a wheatless bun. Because the high taxes will kill off the small businesses that employed them. No govt subsidy will put out this dumpster fire in the making.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np...-while-turning-a-blind-eye-to-human-suffering

"..the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is ploughing ahead with its plan to reduce emissions of nitrous oxide, a byproduct of nitrogen-based fertilizers, by 30 per cent over the next eight years. This became a flashpoint late last week following a meeting of federal and provincial agriculture ministers in Saskatoon, and anger has been growing since.

According to the Government of Saskatchewan, the provinces had to push to get the fertilizer issue onto the agenda, only to find out that the target had already been set.”The Trudeau government has apparently moved on from their attack on the oil and gas industry and set their sights on Saskatchewan farmers,” said Saskatchewan Agriculture Minister David Marit."

The article goes on

"As Gunter Jochum, president of Western Canadian Wheat Growers, pointed out, “Farmers don’t need the government to tell them how to properly use fertilizer.” Yet they are the ones who will be footing the bill: according to an independent study from MNP, the policy will cost Canadian farmers over $48 billion in lost revenue from Canola, corn and wheat sales over the next eight years.

Along with the development of high-yield crops and effective pesticides, the use of industrial fertilizers can be credited with the world’s ability to feed more people than ever. Over the past 70 years, the global population increased 204 per cent, yet modern farming techniques, including the use of fertilizers, has allowed the per capita calorie supply, the average daily quantity of food energy available to a population, to increase practically everywhere.
"

So something that has been a blessing for 70 years (a biblical number there!) is now a bad thing and must be stopped.

Which is further evidence of the globalist plans in motion to kill off most of humanity. What they can't abort, they will starve starting with baby formula, ending with breaking the food supply chain.

And that looks like Revelation 6: 5-6 --the Third Seal.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

More stage setting for the final 7 years of the Tribulation period.
As I read from other posts we will see the people responsible for this evil plan at the white throne judgement and hear them spit and sputter their justification.

This all appears to be the plan and not an accident to starve out people and cause great reductions in the population. As evil as it can get and they are under such deception they can’t see their error.

MapleLeaf

Bumping this because farmers have caught federal agents coming uninvited onto their private property and taking samples from their wells -- even the ones for their family use. I have even seen photos of agents coming to private gardens in city/suburban properties (including my former home town). The Premier (sort of like governor) of Saskatchewan wrote a scathing letter to the federal government, tell them to stop trespassing on their citizens' properties. Alberta is raising its shackles too.

I'm still waiting to hear the report verified, but one of the alternative media outlets up here released "insider info" that a Climate Police force with an armament building complete with "interrogation room" is being built. And it's being built in Winnipeg. My neck of the woods. Like I said, I am not convinced I trust this one source completely but it is sort of freaking me out. I always knew the commies would come for the farmers first. It's my family's history.

Back