Trucks

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
Haha! No, honestly. I've always been pretty tame behind the wheel. It was just hard getting that thing to go when the light turned green. The sandbags definitely helped. Bless you, brothers.
We have a 2012 F-150 STX Supercab 5.0 V8 360 H.P. and wife will not drive it if the streets are wet, I even have trouble controlling wheel spin at times. I have never tried to burn rubber on dry pavement (although I have been tempted) but have no doubt it would smoke them. If it is snowing and icy we leave it home and opt for the 4-Runner it has better weight distribution and gets around easy even in the worst conditions. As far as towing though that F150 pulls a loaded boat/trailer (3000lbs) like it's nothing, and gets good mpg while doing it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We have a 2012 F-150 STX Supercab 5.0 V8 360 H.P. and wife will not drive it if the streets are wet, I even have trouble controlling wheel spin at times. I have never tried to burn rubber on dry pavement (although I have been tempted) but have no doubt it would smoke them. If it is snowing and icy we leave it home and opt for the 4-Runner it has better weight distribution and gets around easy even in the worst conditions. As far as towing though that F150 pulls a loaded boat/trailer (3000lbs) like it's nothing, and gets good mpg while doing it.
The only time I drove a half ton truck was when the Ford Dealer gave me one as a loner when they had my F-250 for something. The F-250 weights about 8000 lbs empty. I don't know what the F-150 weighs but it didn't feel like a truck to me... but I've been driving F-250s for decades... and I don't know any different. Putting a Reunel bumper on a lighter truck ought to solve the traction issue...

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
I don't know what the F-150 weighs but it didn't feel like a truck to me... but I've been driving F-250s for decades
The 2018 F150 is roughly 4770 lbs. +or- all aluminum body, When my truck was in the shop for a week they gave me a new 2018 F150 as courtesy vehicle, hated it, hated the seats, ride was rough, I drove it as little as possible, my 2012 had better ride and seemed to have a much larger cab. I don't see myself getting rid of my 2012, it just turned 100k and does everything I need in a truck, I will be 66 this fall the truck should outlast me. My F150 is nothing fancy, STX model but it has great seats with lumbar adjust and highway ride is great for trips, rides better than the 4 Runner and is about same curb weight, but Runner has PRO TRD offroad suspension but handles like a cat, fun in the sand when we go out west.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
STX model but it has great seats with lumbar adjust and highway ride is great for trips
It's because Ford seats fit me so well that I've gone all Ford. My 2018 F-250 also has an aluminium body. Similar to comments made about the Ram, riding in my Platinum F-250 is pretty comfy and a lot nicer than some "luxury" vehicles. My other vehicle is a 2017 Ford Escape. It is very comfortable as well.

Saguaro

Have an Exit Strategy_ I Thessalonians iv 17
FORD = Found On Road Dead
or in reverse
Did Return On Foot
I had a smart alec point out that the best thing Ford could do was circle the problem ( in reference to the Ford Oval logo )

I have been a Ford owner because my dad owned Fords, he got me headed in that direction anyways.

1. 1976 F250 XLT regular cab w 460 v8
Longbed, styleside
2. 1966 F100 regular cab w 352 v8 oilbath
aircleaner, longbed styleside
3. 1986 Nissan Supercab 4 wheel drive w
110 hp ohc 4 cyl - underpowered but
had purtineer three hundred
thousand miles on the engine and
chassis,,, all of those miles running the
streets/highways of PHX AZ, up into
Flagstaff and into the deserts of
beautiful ARIZONA and trips to
California too.
4. 1999 F150 XL Supercab w 4.6 v8
shortbed, styleside
5. 2002 F150 XL Supercab w 5.4 v8
Longbed, styleside - 157” wheelbase
P.S.
6. 1985 F250 Lariat Supercab w v8
longbed, styleside w ten inch drop
chrome rear bumper - two tone
deep red and white paint - the side
story is, I didn’t qualify for the
monthly “mortgage” payment, and
the Lord delivered me from a very
poor decision to purchase. It has
been said, the Lord takes care of the
babies and the idiots !!!

White was and is the preferred color and was the color of units 3,4, & 5
Unit 1 was dark brown, unit 2 was I guess a light tan color

I love pickups and four out of five were Ford.
Too bad old Henry Ford was anti -Jewish, I’m sure he is horribly aware of the peril of dying unprepared to meet God.

Next, let’s talk about cars

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I have been a Ford owner because my dad owned Fords, he got me headed in that direction anyways.
Your dad did well. Your list is impressive. I'm surprised that when I try to remember all of the vehicles I've had in my life, I cannot. My first was a 64 VW Beetle. After that things get a little fuzzy. I had numerous motorcycles and no cars before purchasing a used truck to do a military DITY (Do IT Yourself move). It was either a little Toyota or Ford Ranger truck. Numerous new and used cars and trucks followed, then I purchased 2 Ford F-250s, my first real trucks. I finally sold those for more than high blue book when they were about 20 years old.