Trucks

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

That's a really nice engine. That's what I have in my Bronco Sport. I also had it in my Escape. My sister's F150 has the 2.7 ltr. They've been using the ecoboost line for a good while now and I think they've got the issues worked out of them... though with engineers you can't be sure they don't inadvertently introduce a new issue. Problems with the older 2.0s have been rare. The 1.5 ltr had a couple of issues in the older models. My ecoboosts have been trouble free. I had a half dozen fluid leaks on my Escape that started last winter but I attribute that to crazy ultra severe driving conditions and not the vehicle itself. When the roads were crazy bad I should have just stayed home... but I get cabin fever and just need to get out for a short while each day.

Andy C

All this recent talk about trucks makes me miss my Ram 3500, and towing my fifth wheel cross country. Those days are gone, but a future Motorhome (class A or Class C) is still a viable option.

LoudRam

All this recent talk about trucks makes me miss my Ram 3500, and towing my fifth wheel cross country. Those days are gone, but a future Motorhome (class A or Class C) is still a viable option.
Prices are down on trailers but haven't dropped on Class A's or C's yet.

Personally I can't see myself in a class A but I've seen some really nice Super C's that I like but they are a bit out of my price range.

If I got full MSRP in trade for my truck and trailer I still couldn't touch a used Super C. Three to four years old and they are still in the mid 100k range

Last edited:

Andy C

Personally I can't see myself in a class A but I've seen some really nice Super C's that I like but they are a bit out of my price range.

If I got full MSRP in trade for my truck and trailer I still couldn't touch a used Super C. Three to four years old and they are still in the mid 100k range
I came within a final signature twice in the last year of buying a super C. But, the price just seems to be too high. I have looked at the regular C’s, but they all only have 30amp, and Ive only had 50amp RVs before, and do not want to have the manage the power load. With 50amps, I could have everything all powered on at once and not worry about tripping breakers.

Andy C

Forgot to add, the one we almost bought twice was the 2021 Thor Magnitude super C. It had the floor plan that worked for us, and it was easy to maneuver when on the test ride, plus it also had the Diesel engine exhaust brake which not all super Cs have.