Troopers surprise 10 yo boy when no one shows up to his birthday party.

Rez63

With all the bad news that is happening around the world right now, this story is a breath of fresh air! !
Seems a 10 yo boy was having his birthday party and mom sent out 21 invitations to his classmates. But none of them showed. State Troopers heard of it from his moms Facebook post and a few of them showed up at his house to have a party for him! Cake and all!
More at link.....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/1...en-nobody-shows-up-to-his-birthday-party.html

Rez63

Very touching and sounds like something my son's CERT team would likely do. Law enforcement takes a bad rap these days but so many are truly in it to serve and protect, they get a bad name from the few who are in it for power.
Yes, Law enforcement is taking a bad rap. There are some bad apples but most want to serve and protect.
I see alot of bicycle officers where I live. I make it a point to reach out and thank them when I can. It helps to feel appreciated. These guys went above and beyond their job responsibility to do what they did. I laud them for it!

Andy C

Very touching and sounds like something my son's CERT team would likely do. Law enforcement takes a bad rap these days but so many are truly in it to serve and protect, they get a bad name from the few who are in it for power.
I have a lot of respect for those who serve. They work long hours, and IMO, are not fairly compensated for what they do. These brave folks enter this profession knowing the risks, lower pay, yet they still decide that serving the county or town is the greater need.

When I was a teenager, I did my fair share of giving the Police something to do. But even then, in my wild days, I still had respect for the police. Whenever I had contact with them, I knew it was my fault, and mine only.

Praying for all our brave men and women who serve in the force.
:pray:pray:pray