Tribulation. Wrath.

Milly_Light

New International Version
I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb (Revelation 7:14)

How I have understood is that we will go through the tribulation but not the wrath of God. So maybe rapture will happen halfway the tribulation. What do you think?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I believe the Bible tells us definitively that the church will be taken up (Raptured) before Tribulation begins. A great many will find Christ during Tribulation. That group of Believers are the subject of Rev 7:14. They are not members of the Bride of Christ who will be with their Bridegroom celebrating during those entire 7 years.

greg64

The other day I was listening to Andy Woods' latest message in the Revelation series (from 11/24). He spent a good amount of time breaking down Jewish wedding practices from the time of Christ and comparing each of the ten stages with the relationship between Christ and the church. There are many, many reasons in the Bible why the Rapture is not mid-trib. But one I haven't typically seen given is that it would mess up the typology of the wedding. In Numbers 20, Moses messed up the typology by striking the rock twice instead of once; God's not going to mess up the typology by taking us mid trib.

Also, consider the restrainer in 2 Thessalonians 2.

kathymendel

God also sealed Noah and family into the ark BEFORE the rain ever began to fall......... not in the middle of the storm.
God also had the angels lead Lot out of the city BEFORE the destruction came........
God will also take us out of here BEFORE the tribulation begins..........not in the middle of it.

antitox

Here's a passage from Isaiah 26:

Come, my people, enter your chambers,
and shut your doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until the wrath is past.
21 For behold, the Lord is coming forth out of his place
to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity,
and the earth will disclose the blood shed upon her,
and will no more cover her slain.

Milly_Light

God also sealed Noah and family into the ark BEFORE the rain ever began to fall......... not in the middle of the storm.
God also had the angels lead Lot out of the city BEFORE the destruction came........
God will also take us out of here BEFORE the tribulation begins..........not in the middle of it.

I'm convinced. Revelation really confuses me at times. I have also always believed rapture happens before seven years. But few days ago I am beginning to have second thoughts. But I will pray about it.

Thank you all for feedback. God bless you.

Milly_Light

Here's a passage from Isaiah 26:

Come, my people, enter your chambers,
and shut your doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until the wrath is past.
21 For behold, the Lord is coming forth out of his place
to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity,
and the earth will disclose the blood shed upon her,
and will no more cover her slain.

I would like also to hear explanations for this verse. Because wrath and tribulation are two different things. And if God is coming to punish inhabitants of the earth, then it means everyone who is alive at that time on earth. It might also mean the persecuted Christians who will be beheaded will no longer be on earth. So I think the verse might be talking about the last three and a half years because the wrath will start halfway in the 7 years. What do you all think.?

kathymendel

I would like also to hear explanations for this verse. Because wrath and tribulation are two different things. And if God is coming to punish inhabitants of the earth, then it means everyone who is alive at that time on earth. It might also mean the persecuted Christians who will be beheaded will no longer be on earth. So I think the verse might be talking about the last three and a half years because the wrath will start halfway in the 7 years. What do you all think.?

I'm thinking that when God says, "Come my people......" He is speaking to the nation of Israel. His focus will be on the Jewish people at that point in time. The church will be gone in the rapture just before. The church and the age of grace will be over and done. A new dispensation will have begun, and it focused on the Jews. My heart breaks for them, that they refused to seek their messiah in this age we are now in.

antitox

My view of that passage is on the basis that God does not intend to inflict wrath on His children as Paul confirms in 1 Thess 5; however, He does add that all blood that has been shed upon the earth will be disclosed - that those who caused it will be found out. Nothing will be hidden.

Last edited: