Trembling and weeping

LisaJoe1986

Hello all,
I am a new member of this forum. I have been a long time student of prophecy, but got a bit sidetracked until about 8 weeks ago. Needless to say I have been quite shaken up, as I have come to the realization of how very close to the return of Christ as we are. I was wondering of any of you have been experiencing serious trembling, as you have considered the reality of standing before a holy God? I know I am saved, but this thought has left me very shaken. Charles Surgeon's sermon on trembling was very encouraging.

Also, has anyone else been weeping terribly, as you consider the devastation that is to come on the planet after the believers in Christ have left earth? Do any of you have a hard time going out into large crowds because you see the masses who have not accepted Christ and see their end? I can barely attend events that have any large number of humanity. It breaks my heart. I also have been weeping in gratitude for His amazing love for me. I cannot fathom how He can consider me His reward. How amazing!

How are you all living life differently, as you consider the possibility of exiting Earth very soon? Are any of you making efforts to reach your lost loved ones? Are any of you struggling with feeling like everything you do outside of sharing Christ is futile? Is anyone else feeling like they are just going through the motions of living life on earth?

I have shared Christ and the scriptures that point to His soon return to all of my family. They all think I am nutsy. I really don't care, but it has left me feeling very much like I am faking living life as normal. I feel very lonely. If He does not arrive soon, I will need to snap out of this and bring myself back into the reality of my life. I am constantly thinking about Heaven and what it will be like and BEGGING God to save those I love before His arrival. I pray by name for my entire family every day! My husband and I and our children are the only ones on both sides who profess faith in Christ alone. I love them all dearly.

I am thankful to find this support, as my hubby is the only one I really can chat with.

billy swinea

PRECIOUS SISTER YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF BUT I KNOW ALL MY TRUE FRIENDS WILL BE LEAVING WITH OUR JESUS IN A VERY SHORT WHILE! THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T ACCEPT JESUS ARE THEIR OWN FAULT! YOU TELL THEM THEN IT'S THEIR CHOSE. WHEN YOU SHARE THE TRUTH THEY KNOW!!! THRER WILL BE MILLIONS SAVED AFTER WE ARE CALLED UP! JUST THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT YOU TOLD ABOUT JESUS GETTING SAVED AFTER WE ARE GONE! IF THEY STAY FAITH FULL THEY WILL BE WITH US IN HEAVEN! I HOPE I HELPED YOU OUT A LITTLE! THERE ARE MANY WHO ARE SMARTER THAN ME HERE AT R F. YOU SURE CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND IN JESUS CHRIST HOLY NAME! Billy

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
What is coming to the planet is God's plan so it must be perfect as he knows best. It should be impetus for us to work to bring others into the Kingdom so they can bypass the things to come.

I don't fear my Father and look forward to the Bridegroom's coming. There is nothing to fear, as we are loved despite our imperfections.

Welcome to RF, LisaJoe1986!

Rose E.

LisaJoe, I pray Jesus blesses your passion. Sit back enjoy the ride. Jesus is driving at his speed. Worrying yourself with "are we there yet" will ware you down. Watch prophecy unfold daily. It is truly amazing. Feel the blessing of having your loved ones saved. Never let your faith waiver.
Welcome to the Forum.:angel

Anewcreationinjesus

:tea welcome Lisa Joe, you articulated so well how I and am sure many others on here feel... Have only been on here a few months myself but I can tell you the fellowship is brilliant, indeed vital, there are prayer sections including much prayer for family, bible study sections with sound doctrine (my favourite find, Dr Andy woods) and lighter stuff like what everyone is having for dinner!! Hope you enjoy it here as much as I've been doing and hopefully very soon its time for.. ...

:rapture

(the emojis are great too :)

:pie :dance :knitting

Last edited:

SonSeeker

:welcome2to RF, LisaJoe1986.
I was wondering of any of you have been experiencing serious trembling, as you have considered the reality of standing before a holy God? I know I am saved, but this thought has left me very shaken.
Serious trembling can be caused by great fear, or by great excitement. I personally, am excited at the thought of seeing our Holy Father, and tearfully hugging our Blessed Savior! But I surmise you may be fearful. God is all-knowing and there is absolutely nothing He does not already know. Any deep, dark little secret that any of us might have is already known by our Father in heaven. And He still loves us even more than we love ourselves.:thumbup

There is a mountain of information on many topics here at Rapture Forums, and up at the top of the Forums page there is a box where you can perform a search for "serious trembling" or just "trembling".

Welcome to the Forums, check out everything it has to offer, and prayerfully, you'll lose that "serious trembling" of fear and replace it with excitement!

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Welcome LisaJoe1968. :)

Do any of you have a hard time going out into large crowds because you see the masses who have not accepted Christ and see their end?
Your heart for the lost is precious and shows a Christlikeness that is precious. :)

One of the things in Revelation that is encouraging is the innumerably saints that will be saved out of the Tribulation. In fact the troubles we see today are allowed up to a point by God (and even in Revelation as troubling as things are, those events are also allowed up to a point by God), in His love and grace, so as to shake people's lives and cause them to turn to Him for help, salvation and a new life in Christ. So, when you see trouble (which I know is hard to see) know that God is working for good in all of this. :)

Here is a good result of the Great Tribulation that God has planned:

When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of all who had been martyred for the word of God and for being faithful in their testimony. They shouted to the Lord and said, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you judge the people who belong to this world and avenge our blood for what they have done to us?” Then a white robe was given to each of them. And they were told to rest a little longer until the full number of their brothers and sisters—their fellow servants of Jesus who were to be martyred—had joined them. Rev 6:9-11

Chapter seven goes into a little more detail on who these people are. First a portion out of Israel is preserved which fits with Jesus' bringing the Gospel to Israel first when He was on earth:

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, restraining the four winds of the earth so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel, who had the seal of the living God rise up from the east. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were empowered to harm the earth and the sea: “Don’t harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we seal the slaves of our God on their foreheads.” And I heard the number of those who were sealed:

144,000 sealed from every tribe of the Israelites:
5 12,000 sealed from the tribe of Judah,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
6 12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
7 12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
8 12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 sealed from the tribe of Benjamin.

Revelation 7:1-4

Then God seals those who are of the Gentile world, of which follows God's pattern of reaching out the the Gentiles after the Gospel was shared in Israel as we see in Acts. We know that these are Tribulation Saints because they have white robes (signifying the Righteousness of Christ) and palm branches (to the Jews the palms are a celebratory symbol that God, the victorious one, tabernacles with humanity - this seems to point to their victory in Christ of whom is the ultimate victor in this spiritual battle we see happening.) which tells us these people are also saved, but out of the Tribulation. We are also told that the 144,000 are redeemed in chapter 14. They were sealed and so were the vast multitude, therefor one can confidently conclude these too are redeemed:

After this I looked, and there was a vast multitude from every nation, tribe, people, and language, which no one could number, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were robed in white with palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

Salvation belongs to our God,
who is seated on the throne,
and to the Lamb!

All the angels stood around the throne, the elders, and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshiped God, saying:

Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor
and power and strength
be to our God forever and ever. Amen.

Then one of the elders asked me, “Who are these people robed in white, and where did they come from?”

I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

Then he told me:

These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation.

They washed their robes and made them white
in the blood of the Lamb.
For this reason they are before the throne of God,
and they serve Him day and night in His sanctuary.
The One seated on the throne will shelter them:
They will no longer hunger;
they will no longer thirst;
the sun will no longer strike them,
nor will any heat.
For the Lamb who is at the center of the throne
will shepherd them;
He will guide them to springs of living waters,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Revelation 7:9-17

So, it may be that part of why these Tribulation Saints are saved is because they remember the Gospel spoken to them by Christians.....like you :) (in addition to the Gospel preached by a sent Angel during this time, the two witnesses and probably seeing the witness of those Tribulation Saints choosing death rather than worshiping a false god). We can also see from the passage above that God has not stopped His plan to save as many people as possible (those who are willing) but it seems they are saved because they needed a greater hardship to get them to look more closely at Christ and thus repent and accept Him as their Savior.

So, when your heart is tempted to despair, remember that God's in control and has a plan.....He's still working where we may not see it. :)

LisaJoe1986

Thank you all very much for all the kind words of encouragement you have sent me. This has been a very challenging few weeks for me. I have been stunned at the response I have gotten from my friends and family who are Christians, as I have shared this information about His return. I even sent my pastor 3 e-mails trying to show him the prophecies and asking him to look into this and possibly give a heads-up to the church that, "Hey...Jesus is due back really soon, according to the signs we are supposed to be watching for." I was extremely disillusioned and disappointed that he did not ever respond to my e-mails...not to correct me, not to encourage me, not to anything. He remained completely silent on the subject. What a let down.

I cannot tell you the profound work God has been doing in my heart since I have recognized His nearness. Deep grief which I experienced with the recent passing of mom does not compare to the pain I have felt in my heart, as I realize that those I love the most will have to endure an incredibly difficult time. Who will take care of my recently widowed, very sweet but lost dad when I am gone? Who will love my oldest, lost son enough to confront him with truth as I have done many times these last few years, as he has questioned and struggled? Who will show my sweet sisters the truth of the gospel? I have been compelled to share it now unashamed. The response has left me even more grievous. It seems that it is easier to avoid hard subjects completely that it is to admit our need for a savior. I will need to trust that even these deep concerns I have are within His grasp. He's got this!

I have even cried tears of grief for our mighty and loving God who I know must be reeling in agony as the very creation He made for us and all the humanity He made who He holds precious must suffer the consequences of sin because He is also just. I look around at the relative normalcy and recognize that this will all come to an incredibly fast, screeching halt and people will be scrambling for truth...a truth that we have no excuse not to know. This is a truth that is available like no other time in history, on our laptops, at every hotel, on every phone, so that men truly are without excuse. A truth that our enemy will make even harder to find because his power to create a masterful deception will be released without limitations.

So yes, I am excited that my blessed hope will arrive in the clouds to deliver me from what is to fall on the inhabitants of Earth who are left behind, but as long as I still have breath, I am determined to lift the lost up to God and ask Him to save them in the last hour. He is good. I am so thankful to recognize that He truly desires His house to be full. There is room for all who will accept His saving grace. In the meantime, I am waiting and watching. He is in control.

I will look forward to cyber fellow shipping with all of you in the coming days!

Lisa

LisaJoe1986

You asked for my testimony. Here it is and it includes my husband's too!

I grew up Catholic and ONLY ever heard anything about faith at church and school. I was married, had 2 children (one boy and one girl) and was pursuing a career in school teaching. I HATED leaving my children all day. I went to my husband over the summer crying and said, "I hate leaving my babies all day with someone else." He said, "Quit your job. I hate it too." We were both pretty fried from the life of a dual income family. We took a HUGE leap of faith. We really had no faith.

As that summer was closing in on the start of a new school year, my husband and I decided to pull our 7 year old son out of the parochial school he was in because we couldn't afford it anymore. We did not want to do a public school, so I decided to home school my children. I got on my knees on a Catholic church and said, "Lord...I have to teach my children about you now, and I don't know you. I don't even know if you are real. If you are there and you hear me, will you please show yourself to me?" Well, God is faithful, and the home schooling world provided many wonderful believers that were happy to share their faith with me. They had something I knew I didn't have and wanted badly.

Ultimately, on November 19, 1994, I was saved reading the 3rd chapter of John alone on my bed. I read Jesus saying to Nicodemus that you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. God opened my eyes at that moment and I have never been the same.

My husband was saved on May 12, 1996 at Promise Keeper's in Cincinnati, Ohio. He was so very changed when he came home that I felt nauseous when I saw him. This transformation was everything I had prayed for, but I felt like I was married to a stranger. My husband was delivered from a drug addiction and God delivered me from being angry at the money he had spent on that drug addiction. He had been hiding this from me for 10 years. I had no idea that he was wasting a huge amount of our family income on pot and that many of the nights he told me he was "working", he was actually hanging out with work friends smoking pot. He hated himself and knew he risked losing everything, but he was hopeless in and of himself to change. He truly was made new when Christ got a hold on his heart. I NEVER ever feared that he would return to that "vomit". I am eternally grateful.

It has been an amazing journey. We were so all out in love with Jesus and sought a very expressive way of worshiping Him that led us into apostasy for a bit. The charismania movement had just the expressive worship our hearts longed for. We ran away dramatically when we realized the truth (that it wasn't in the church we attended) and spent some time at home with a home church which, believe it or not, had 2 other families with bad theology (Hebrew roots and Hyper grace). It just took us a little while to see that their beliefs were not biblically correct. We now attend a Southern Baptist Church that has very sound expository-style teaching. That is excellent, but as mentioned in a prior post, our pastor has not even responded to my e-mail about the signs of Christ's return. I guess this side of God's Kingdom, there will never be a perfect place. Sometimes I feel like people are just "playing church". I might be just a bit zealous. :)