Training To Understand JWs

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I thought I was having a pretty good conversation via E-Mail with my JW nephew. We went back and forth for about 5 or 6 E-Mails and I was becoming hopeful, as he had no good answers for the things I brought out from the Bible.

Well all of a sudden I did not hear from him for a week or two. When he finally responded again it did not sound like him at all. His response was almost word for word from what I found on the JW web site. I then realized he most likely went to the elders to get a response for me. So he was no longer responding with his words or thoughts, just JW junk. And yes it was junk, even though it came from the elders. It was a bunch of different bible passages all jumbled together to make their point. :willy

On another note, my sister, her husband, her 4 kids and all of their kids are all JW's. The weird part is that half of them are on physiological medications. :loco Go figure. :idunno

So sad... :(

Oh i'm hearing you, do you know whether the bible that they read is normal or do they have their own bible where they have changed the wording of verses to suit their beliefs ?

Goodboy

On my way up!
Oh i'm hearing you, do you know whether the bible that they read is normal or do they have their own bible where they have changed the wording of verses to suit their beliefs ?
They have there own bible where they have changed the wording of verses to suit their beliefs, but even using their bible what they believe still does not make sense. Like the idea that Jesus was or is the angle Michael. They pretend that they utilize any bible, but they don't. They also pretend that the bible is most important, but actually their publications are what's most important to them. This religion is just so, so slick!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
They have there own bible where they have changed the wording of verses to suit their beliefs, but even using their bible what they believe still does not make sense. Like the idea that Jesus was or is the angle Michael. They pretend that they utilize any bible, but they don't. They also pretend that the bible is most important, but actually their publications are what's most important to them. This religion is just so, so slick!
Yeah its hard to quote scripture with these guys when they are reading a totally different bible otherwise we can only pray for Jesus to call them out of these churches

Mikedexion

From Zechariah 14
“Look! The day is coming, a day belonging to Jehovah, when the spoil from you will be divided in your midst. I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for the war; and the city will be captured and the houses plundered and the women raped. And half of the city will go into exile, but the remaining ones of the people will not be cut off from the city. “Jehovah will go out and war against those nations as when he fights in the day of a battle. In that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in half, from east to west, forming a very great valley; and half of the mountain will move to the north, and half of it to the south. You will flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains will extend all the way to Aʹzel. You will have to flee, just as you fled because of the earthquake in the days of King Uz·ziʹah of Judah. And Jehovah my God will come, and all the holy ones will be with him.

How can they say this is God the Father when in Revelation 19 the same is said,

I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen.
-------
That is all from their own perverted Bible. Or how can twist this From John 1:18
No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him. Or in John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by Jehovah. Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me. Not that any man has seen the Father, except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.
And for the THIRD time in John 5:37
And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. You have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his form
-------
So... No one has ever seen or heard the father thats from three separate passages in the Bible.... Oh but wait,

Genesis 18
Afterward, Jehovah appeared to him (Abraham) among the big trees of Mamʹreb while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent during the hottest part of the day. He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed; then recline under the tree. Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves. Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”

Soooooooooooooooooooooo Either Jesus is a liar.... Or Jesus is Jehovah... So Mr/Mrs Witness what do you think? Please answer honestly!