Towering inferno

Lily

Looking Up
It's difficult to find the right words, this fire is a tragedy beyond words. Even if this wasn't a result of the work of terrorists, it certainly was terror for the victims who lived and died trapped inside.

Only Jesus can comfort in such a circumstance. I pray the victims turn to Him. :pray

Andrew

Well known member

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Yes, and the Church isn't countering it very well. Do we not know how?
:nod

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. Heb 4:12

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Ephesians 6:12-18

I do see that there are those of Christ who are faithfully praying (as you do ShilohRose :)) and this is very powerful and very real. I cannot emphasize this enough.

There have been times where when I was faced with difficult situations that God has answered prayers, sometimes even before getting a few words out. And, this is not a testament to me at all, but to the very powerful and more than capable God we serve. In fact, I have noticed that the more praying that has been done, the more our enemy seeks to cut down in anyway possible in order to stop those faithfully praying, because those prayers are making a very real dent in our enemy's world. The term prayer warrior is very applicable and Ephesians certainly supports this.

While those of us who are far away from this incident cannot help directly, we can certainly be a tangible help through our prayers on behalf of these people and this situation. :)

Simon of Syrene

:nod

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. Heb 4:12

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Ephesians 6:12-18

I do see that there are those of Christ who are faithfully praying (as you do ShilohRose :)) and this is very powerful and very real. I cannot emphasize this enough.

There have been times where when I was faced with difficult situations that God has answered prayers, sometimes even before getting a few words out. And, this is not a testament to me at all, but to the very powerful and more than capable God we serve. In fact, I have noticed that the more praying that has been done, the more our enemy seeks to cut down in anyway possible in order to stop those faithfully praying, because those prayers are making a very real dent in our enemy's world. The term prayer warrior is very applicable and Ephesians certainly supports this.

While those of us who are far away from this incident cannot help directly, we can certainly be a tangible help through our prayers on behalf of these people and this situation. :)
Very true we in our human efforts cannot counter it but only God can. The weapons we can only deploy are prayers and supplication to our Lord who can change situation.
My disappointment comes from many Christian responses. You just need to visit many Christian news outlets and blogs and see the vile language there. I have stopped altogether visiting many so called Christian perspective online news outlets because the language is very unChrist like and no different from that of the world. I now just pray for situations and let the sovereign Lord have the final say.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Oh....I am so sorry to hear that Simon, how disheartening and disturbing. :ohno I seem to remember another member here mentioning the same thing. I agree, best to just stay away. I'll be praying that these people would mature in the Lord or even come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior if they haven't done so.

:pray ing for the people involved in this tower tragedy and that proper organization and help will happen.