Towering inferno

Joseph The Carpenter

billiefan2000

So sorry to learn of this. Every week, it seems, something tragic appears to happen in UK.
I have unsaved friends in the UK (many of whom live in London and Manchester)

and I worry for them , cause they are in double danger

(Physically and eternally cause they don't know the one who died for them

aka JESUS (Isaiah 53 and John 3:16-17 and Romans 10:13 and John 14:6 BTW mentions Jesus and eternal life

billiefan2000

Unbelievable! What is this world coming to? I already know, 'cause I read the Book, but it's so hard to see such callous disregard for a tragedy of this magnitude.

Twitter is worse.

Now I will give British celebs a pass for now cause most Brits are sleeping right now for at least the next few hrs

cause it a little after 530 am London time (1130 pm here in my town in CST)

But other than Katie Hopkins (most British and american celebs on twitter are saying nothing on this)

billiefan2000

Update

Fox News is mentioning the story right now

and MSNBC and CNN meanwhile are still saying nothing

as of 6 am London time (12 am CST here in the states)

Lily Allen and a few British celebs on twitter (as of 7 am London time aka 1 am CST) have talked about it on twitter

sadly none of the american celebs who are Trump bashing types who tweet on twitter a lot are saying a thing on this (as of 1 am CST) despite a good number of them

been doing Trump bashing tweets all night (even in last 15-20 min.

Last edited:

Kallah

I'm watching the live report on the BBC. This is tragic. At this point it has been going on for seven hours. There are between 120-150 flats in the block. The authorities are trying to find out more about the design of the building and what materials were used in the construction in order to rescue the many people who are trapped. Praying for the fire to be put out soon and that no others lives will be lost.

Kallah

Update... the steel beams were wrapped with concrete in its construction. The twin towers were built without the concrete wrapping, therefore, they experienced the melting of the steel and the towers fell. The concrete has enable this building to stand this long. There is a huge brigade of firefighters from all around London who are searching for victims to be rescued. So far, 125 families have lost everything.

Kallah

The quick spread from the reported origin on the 4th floor is astounding. Not familiar with GB building codes but presume a sprinkler system would be standard.

If a correct assumption, it then brings arson and sabotage into the possibilities. ISIS demons?
So far this is about the refurbishment. After a complete investigation there are bound to be some serious charges. I had heard that there was a gap between the original outer surface and the new surface which created a flue. The fire just shot up the floors.

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...ulfed-in-flames-at-least-6-people-killed.html

There was no immediate word on the cause of the blaze, but angry residents said they had warned local authorities about fire issues at Grenfell Tower. The subsidized housing block of 120 apartments was built in 1974 and was recently upgraded at a cost of 8.6 million pounds ($11 million), with work finishing in May 2016, according to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

Oh...this is tragic. :pray