Top Iranian official: We’ll catch Trump, put him on trial

Almost Heaven

A top Iranian politician has said Tehran will “catch” US President Donald Trump and “place him on trial” for his actions against Iran and others.

Mohsen Rezaei, former commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and currently the secretary of the Expediency Council, which advises Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, told Iran’s Channel 2: “Ultimately, we will catch Trump and place him on trial, God willing. An international court will convene and Trump will have to stand trial. He should stand trial not just for what he did to our people, but for his crimes against other nations as well.”

In the September 22 interview, translated and made available by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Rezaei mocked Washington for failing to respond to Tehran’s downing of an American surveillance drone, and said the US was not proving to be much of an ally to Iran’s regional foe Saudi Arabia.

When the Americans are incapable of retaliating against Iran for the downing of their ultra-secret plane, would they be able to help Saudi Arabia? They cannot defend themselves, so how would they defend Saudi Arabia? Everybody has received that message,” he said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-iranian-official-well-catch-trump-put-him-on-trial/

Jonathan

A top Iranian politician has said Tehran will “catch” US President Donald Trump and “place him on trial” for his actions against Iran and others.

Mohsen Rezaei, former commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and currently the secretary of the Expediency Council, which advises Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, told Iran’s Channel 2: “Ultimately, we will catch Trump and place him on trial, God willing. An international court will convene and Trump will have to stand trial. He should stand trial not just for what he did to our people, but for his crimes against other nations as well.”

In the September 22 interview, translated and made available by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Rezaei mocked Washington for failing to respond to Tehran’s downing of an American surveillance drone, and said the US was not proving to be much of an ally to Iran’s regional foe Saudi Arabia.

When the Americans are incapable of retaliating against Iran for the downing of their ultra-secret plane, would they be able to help Saudi Arabia? They cannot defend themselves, so how would they defend Saudi Arabia? Everybody has received that message,” he said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/top-iranian-official-well-catch-trump-put-him-on-trial/
Wow... and I already thought they were crazy! Go for it Iran! GO FOR IT!!

Jonathan

Iran really wants to see a major war. The fact of the matter is we could crush Iran in a little over a half hour, but I don't suppose the script would run that way if we do engage them.
I am not military, just a civilian, but what I'd like to see is a devastating strike but NO GROUND WAR. We've had enough of that. Take out their nuclear sites, their CCC, their naval and aviation installations, means of production, and hopefully, even the mullahs themselves.

We can do this from the air. It will suck for the Iranian people, but a far worst fate awaits the world if we do nothing.

Sincerely,
Armchair General Jonathan. ;)

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I am not military, just a civilian, but what I'd like to see is a devastating strike but NO GROUND WAR. We've had enough of that. Take out their nuclear sites, their CCC, their naval and aviation installations, means of production, and hopefully, even the mullahs themselves.

We can do this from the air. It will suck for the Iranian people, but a far worst fate awaits the world if we do nothing.

Sincerely,
Armchair General Jonathan. ;)
You take out their air defense systems, communications centers, and their power structure, then damage their airfields and you own the skies and can then take as long as you need to eviscerate their military abilities... assuming Russia or another power doesn't step up to aid Iran... there's always the risk of that... though I don't believe Russia would want to go head to head against the USA.

Jonathan

You take out their air defense systems, communications centers, and their power structure, then damage their airfields and you own the skies and can then take as long as you need to eviscerate their military abilities... assuming Russia or another power doesn't step up to aid Iran... there's always the risk of that... though I don't believe Russia would want to go head to head against the USA.
Yea, war always escalates and can't be predicted. I imagine a lot of the men and women in the military devote their careers to forming contingency plans to try to cover any possible scenario. I think the key thing you said was "assuming Russia..."

Again, even though it was a joke, I meant what I said about being an armchair General. I hope better and more experienced minds have this under control. But we will see.

Jonathan

though I don't believe Russia would want to go head to head against the USA
I agree. I don't think they would either. Eventually, this is going to fall into place according to scripture, one way or another. I'm just a watcher. But that doesn't mean I don't think we shouldn't act when action is called for. The question is "What is the right action?"

Kaatje

Ultimately, we will catch Trump and place him on trial, God willing. An international court will convene and Trump will have to stand trial. He should stand trial not just for what he did to our people, but for his crimes against other nations as well.”
This intrigues me. The notion that the Iranians think that the nations will come together.
They are right of course, but how does he know that? Did they read the Bible???

athenasius

my reaction too!!!

Israel can do nothing with Gaza or Iran or Hezbollah or anyone until a government is formed. Mandebilt has already stopped Netanyahu from rolling into Gaza.
Sadly this is the case right now. And I think some of the problem with direct attacks on the nuclear facilities is that they are now very spread out, and hardened against most attacks. So something with a lot of coordinated effort and a lot of specialty bombs, because if Iran is ready to launch, they could launch nukes from a number of sites at the first sign of attack. I'm not sure of the ease with which that could be accomplished especially with a distracted ally like Israel right now, unable to even take out the problem in Gaza.

This intrigues me. The notion that the Iranians think that the nations will come together.
They are right of course, but how does he know that? Did they read the Bible???
Their puppet master knows the Bible to some extent namely Satan. I'm sure he whispers in their ears what he wants them to know. And will stand by laughing when the Mullahs find out about God for real.

Last edited: