Top European bureaucrat makes chilling prediction

ChildofLight

Top European bureaucrat makes chilling prediction about free speech laws coming to US: 'Illegal hate speech'

A leading European Union bureaucrat predicted on Tuesday that "hate speech" laws are coming to the United States.

Speaking with on a panel moderated by former CNN host Brian Stelter at the World Economic Forum, Věra Jourová, a vice president of the European Commission, boasted that laws against "illegal hate speech" will soon be codified in America.

"We need the people who understand the language and the case law in the country because what qualifies as hate speech — illegal hate speech, which you will have soon also in the U.S," she said.

"I think that we have a strong reason why we have this in the criminal law," she added.

Jourová was speaking on a forum about "The Clear and Present Danger of Disinformation." Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) and Arthur Gregg Sulzberger, chairman of the New York Times Company, were also on the panel. Specifically, Jourová was speaking about, in her estimation, the importance of social media platforms working with governments to enforce speech codes against "hate speech."

There is no indication that hate speech laws are coming to the U.S.

Indeed, the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting free speech. The Supreme Court has ruled that speech can be narrowly regulated — including against "true threats," incitement," and harassment, among other narrow exceptions — but "hate speech" is not a category of speech that can be outlawed.

Anything else?

While speaking on the panel, Moulton repeated a common misconception about free speech laws in America.

"This concept of preserving public safety, even under the banner of free speech, is actually something we’ve accepted for a long time. You get taught in grade school the concept of, yes, you're allowed free speech but not crying 'fire' in a crowded theater," he asserted.

But this is not true, according to lawyer Greg Lukianoff.

"Anyone who says 'you can’t shout fire! in a crowded theatre' is showing that they don't know much about the principles of free speech, or free speech law — or history," Lukianoff explained. "This old canard, a favorite reference of censorship apologists, needs to be retired. It's repeatedly and inappropriately used to justify speech limitations.

"The phrase is a misquotation of an analogy made in a 1919 Supreme Court opinion that upheld the imprisonment of three people — a newspaper editor, a pamphlet publisher, and a public speaker — who argued that military conscription was wrong," Lukianoff explained. "The Court said that anti-war speech in wartime is like 'falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic,' and it justified the ban with a dubious analogy to the long-standing principle that the First Amendment doesn’t protect speech that incites people to physical violence. But the Supreme Court abandoned the logic of that case more than 50 years ago."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/vera-...utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Of course now in America, when someone shouts Fire in a theatre.... they open up with a 9mm.

Opinions must be free. You can be as wrong as you like - in an open forum. Of course Faceplant has demonstrated how well it works.
The challenge is getting an impartial moderator. So we need various venues, and the ability to refute. That is one of the primary things the Constitution is to protect.

People can argue all they want, and even believe a falsehood, but there must always be a place to say you piece - to stand for what you believe is true.

Of course proving something True will always be a challenge until The TRUTH rules this world.

madcat

TX rep. Sheila Jackson Lee just introduced a bill last week ”against white supremacy“ stating in the bill “to prevent and PROSECUTE white supremacy inspired hate crime and conspiracy to commit white supremacy inspired hate crime”. Just saying with our current cabal in D.C., anything is possible.

Wally

TX rep. Sheila Jackson Lee just introduced a bill last week ”against white supremacy“ stating in the bill “to prevent and PROSECUTE white supremacy inspired hate crime and conspiracy to commit white supremacy inspired hate crime”. Just saying with our current cabal in D.C., anything is possible.
And black supremacy is ...... ok ?

If they single out white, then it only confirms their own racist agenda.

No "race" is to lord over another.
Sadly sin corrupts all men, some to be tyrants, some to be terrorists, some just fighting for their share of turf.

Christians are to serve one another, love their enemies, pray for their persecutors. A very difficult task at times.

So wars continue, brother against brother.

There is the power of Scripture: We ALL came from the same BOAT not pond.
It used to be Family was important, but today even the kids don't know which bathroom to use.
It seems pecking order has taken precedent over love for one another.

I guess its ok to feel bad about that. Our hearts are being renewed for a new kingdom. We really don't belong here.

I suppose when the Rapture occurs, leaving a forwarding address will be superfluous,
the World will know where we are and hate us for escaping their judgment.

Last edited:

TrustinHim

Big tech has trampled free speech for some time now, and getting away with it. Criticize the lefts policies and get silenced, a lie cannot stand against the light of truth, not for long anyway. But then I must remember how close minded those who believe a lie can be. Climate change believers as an example.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Yet another reminder as to why there should be term limits.
That individual is super annoying and actually racist .
Unfortunately, she has a loud and influential voice.

madcat

And black supremacy is ...... ok ?

If they single out white, then it only confirms their own racist agenda.

No "race" is to lord over another.
Sadly sin corrupts all men, some to be tyrants, some to be terrorists, some just fighting for their share of turf.

Christians are to serve one another, love their enemies, pray for their persecutors. A very difficult task at times.

So wars continue, brother against brother.

There is the power of Scripture: We ALL came from the same BOAT not pond.
It used to be Family was important, but today even the kids don't know which bathroom to use.
It seems pecking order has taken precedent over love for one another.

I guess its ok to feel bad about that. Our hearts are being renewed for a new kingdom. We really don't belong here.

I suppose when the Rapture occurs, leaving a forwarding address will be superfluous,
the World will know where we are and hate us for escaping their judgment.
I started making a file about 15 yrs. ago (now it has grown to several booklets) of articles, books, and DVD/CD’s of rapture information. About a yr. ago I bought a DVD/CD player that can use either batteries or electric. I have been getting things primarily from Jan Markell’s online “store” and books by prophecy teachers. Many of the written articles are from RR, which has the RR info IF there is internet and the site is still available. I have stock piled survival foods, etc., and different Bibles (some are more Bible and teaching combos), because I know people will be breaking into homes after the rapture and I hope they will see the information and realize what has happened.
Everyday and especially in the past couple of years, I just know our time has to be short here, and leaving a prayer for “whoever” makes it to my house.
Maybe there will still be a chance for “whoever” to believe and make it to heaven.

DWB

I keep saying over and over, the only way for conservative, moral people to be able to continue to live free, is to split from the rest of the crazy democrats. What that looks like I have no idea, but the divide is just too deep and getting deeper each day.

Wally

Most children wont listen, so its up to us to teach our grandchildren. Its something how morals often skip a generation.

Certainly I did not think my parents were as smart as my grandparents when I hit the teenage years and they divorced.

Of course I had much to learn then and schooling has never stopped.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Brave people like Bonhoeffer never shut up.

May we bravely follow in their footsteps.

Back