Today’s NFL Playoff picks

SkyRider

Yeah, that's funny. After that explosive and mind-boggling first quarter, I was going to joke something like: What is going on? Are Jupiter and Saturn lined up or something? I thought that the Rapture was a signless event?? I was actually entertaining those thoughts but then decided not to text them. It was very entertaining though to watch what going on. Then the Steelers mount that comeback, the momentum shifts, and you could tell the Browns were feeling uneasy about what was happening; like it was all slipping through their fingers.

Andy C

So happy for the Browns. Everyone always feels like it's OK to disrespect them, insult them, and count them out. It's a national pastime. And I don't think they took kindly to Juju disrespecting them. Prov 16:18: Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Steelers have always been one of my favorite teams, but since they lost, its good for the Browns to finally have a team good enough to win a playoff game.

Steelers start off 11-0 this season, then finish 1-5. I have never in my 5 decades plus of watching sports seen a team self destruct so fast after an incredible start.

The Chiefs will destroy the Browns as there is no doubt who the top team in Football is this year.

OneDayNearer

Forgiven Much
Yeah, that's funny. After that explosive and mind-boggling first quarter, I was going to joke something like: What is going on? Are Jupiter and Saturn lined up or something? I thought that the Rapture was a signless event?? I was actually entertaining those thoughts but then decided not to text them. It was very entertaining though to watch what going on. Then the Steelers mount that comeback, the momentum shifts, and you could tell the Browns were feeling uneasy about what was happening; like it was all slipping through their fingers.
Earlier in the day on NFL Network, I had watched the 2002 Browns playoff game in Pittsburgh where the Browns dominated the whole game and then somehow managed to lose the game in the final 3 minutes. I was holding my breath hoping that wouldn't happen again. With the Browns, one thing I've learned is it's never over until the clock is at zero.

Andy C

Earlier in the day on NFL Network, I had watched the 2002 Browns playoff game in Pittsburgh where the Browns dominated the whole game and then somehow managed to lose the game in the final 3 minutes. I was holding my breath hoping that wouldn't happen again. With the Browns, one thing I've learned is it's never over until the clock is at zero.
How awesome would a Browns upset be? KS is not one of my favorite teams, so I will root for Baker and the Browns to pull off what would be a miracle.

PhilR

I agree - Kansas City will be a very tough opponent. I think all of us Browns fans almost feel like yesterday was our Super Bowl. After not being able to win in Pittsburgh for decades, it felt good to get that monkey off our backs.
I think there's a possibility we could very well be :rapturebefore next season so as silly as it sounds, I'm thanking God He let me see the Browns win one playoff game against Pittsburgh. Now if the Browns were to somehow make it to the Super Bowl (which they never have), then we will all KNOW the end is near! :D
From a KC fan., Browns fans don't get your hopes up...wait 'til this Sunday. The Browns may need after burners to keep up with the Chiefs receivers.
But if the Chiefs don't make it, there is no other team I would enjoy seeing in the SB than the Browns. To me, the Browns fans have been shafted, and this could be their year.

SkyRider

Well if Cinderella wants to go to the ball, she better get some shatter-proof glass slippers. Both the Bills and Chiefs look pretty formidable. I sort of wanted to see the Bills go to the SB (the Chiefs had their year last year) but it would be cool for their fans if the Browns made it. All those years of putting up with some pretty crummy teams and then, on top of that, had to suffer through the humiliation of having their team sneaking out of town one night and relocating to Baltimore! How would that be for an AFC Championship match up - the old Browns versus the new!

Their helmets may be orange, but just don’t turn into pumpkins before the last dance is over!

OneDayNearer

Forgiven Much
Well if Cinderella wants to go to the ball, she better get some shatter-proof glass slippers. Both the Bills and Chiefs look pretty formidable. I sort of wanted to see the Bills go to the SB (the Chiefs had their year last year) but it would be cool for their fans if the Browns made it. All those years of putting up with some pretty crummy teams and then, on top of that, had to suffer through the humiliation of having their team sneaking out of town one night and relocating to Baltimore! How would that be for an AFC Championship match up - the old Browns versus the new!

Their helmets may be orange, but just don’t turn into pumpkins before the last dance is over!
Browns/Ravens would be the ideal AFC Championsip match-up.

If the Browns do happen to be fortunate enough to make it that far, I hope they don't have to play Buffalo. The Bills were so awesome when Cleveland lost their team that they reserved a section in their stadium for Browns fans to come watch NFL games in the years before the Browns went back to Cleveland. That was such a nice gesture and I wouldn't want to compete against them in such an important game. I will always remember what they did and I root for the Bills whenever they are not playing the Browns.

Andy C

Tampa Bay Bucs or Saints?
On paper, they are fairly even. But, the Saints have the home field, AND, Tampa Bay has Tom Brady. It could be a high scoring game coming down to who has the ball last. I predict TB by 3.

Just for the record, Drew Brees is the all time leading passer, but Brady has the most playoff games EVER.

Should be a great game

Andy C

Im rooting for the Rams to beat the Packers, and yes, I know the odds of this happening are very small.

SkyRider

Its always a tough choice to pick between who you want to win a game versus who is most likely to win the contest. Would like to see the Rams win but the Packers offense is probably more stout than LA's defense. So will go with GB in a tight one.

Also, as previously discussed, would be pretty cool to see the Browns play the Ravens in the AFC championship game to get a bit of revenge for the city of Cleveland. However, the odds of this happening are pretty slim...probably very slim. If that scenario is less likely to happen, then I would rather see the Bills go to the SB than the other AFC contenders. So, will take the Bills over the Ravens.

Would really like to four exciting games this weekend.

Andy C

yeaaaaaahhhhh boiiiii go Packers
For a brief moment in the 4th qtr, the Rams had a chance. However, as much as I wanted my childhood favorite team to win, the Packer are a much better team.

Next week, whichever team they play, will be a great game. All 3 teams are evenly matched, but I hope its Tampa Bay who plays the cheeseheads. Tom Brady will connect with Antonio Brown for a long TD, and hopefully a few more times before AB gets incarcerated :eek2