Today (March 25, 2021) Pope Francis Has Committed Utter Blasphemy

The Saint

I am a former Catholic. Let me tell you that this is not new. Many Catholics do not worship Mary, but the leadership has been going in this direction for decades. The heresy of Mary being sinless is ages old. The RCC said she had to be to bear the savior (that God could use any obedient but sinful woman is lost on them).

~~It was about 20 year ago I started hearing about Mary being the co-Redemtrix. People needed both her and Jesus to be saved. My Catholic friends never said anything about it...I don't think they swallowed it, but they still prayed to her and the saints.*

The only thing new here is the Pope came out and said it. Others have referred to this as well.

* saint is a term for a Christian and was used before we were called Christians. So any believer is a saint. Saints are not exalted holy people worthy of prayers to.

kathymendel

I read a completely different version . Not sure what to believe as far as the media goes.
https://angelusnews.com/faith/once-again-pope-francis-says-mary-is-not-the-co-redemptrix/
Dd and I were having devotions this morning and she brought up this topic in later conversation. Like you, she read about this online last night,
but it was completely opposite to what is in the OP. He was saying Mary is not an intermediary to God, and is not to be worshipped. It seems that
in today's world everything gets twisted to the point that it is hard to know what to believe. Everyone has their own agenda and will take what they
will from the headlines. And, I recall the "telephone game" from my childhood...........a message started out at one end, and by the time it was shared
down the line to the last person, the message changed dramatically. Like you, I'm never sure of what the media says anymore, and take most of it
with a grain of salt.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
It seems that
in today's world everything gets twisted to the point that it is hard to know what to believe.

Yes, it is hard. Does anybody have a credible link to this story? Do you have one kathymendel? :)

You're right, it's easy to believe the op given the RCC background but even in this it's good to make sure we've got news links to support news items posted just to keep integrity in place at R.F. in our discussions.

I try not to respond if there's no link (this week I've been off in this for a couple reasons, sorry about that) and thanks for the reminder to double check.

Wings Like Eagles

I am a former Catholic. Let me tell you that this is not new. Many Catholics do not worship Mary, but the leadership has been going in this direction for decades. The heresy of Mary being sinless is ages old. The RCC said she had to be to bear the savior (that God could use any obedient but sinful woman is lost on them).

~~It was about 20 year ago I started hearing about Mary being the co-Redemtrix. People needed both her and Jesus to be saved. My Catholic friends never said anything about it...I don't think they swallowed it, but they still prayed to her and the saints.*

The only thing new here is the Pope came out and said it. Others have referred to this as well.

* saint is a term for a Christian and was used before we were called Christians. So any believer is a saint. Saints are not exalted holy people worthy of prayers to.
In Judaism, one's sin nature is thought to come through the father, not the mother--thus, the need for a virgin birth for the Messiah. But that does NOT mean that any individual mortal woman is sin-free. Yes--the Mary cults have been around at least since the Middle Ages.

I suspect the reason why the Vatican is promoting Mary-worship is because they are aiming to bring into the globalist plan, the billion or so Muslims. All Muslims venerate "Mary the Mother of Issa" (Jesus). There are already Mary cults which have sprung up among Muslims (there have been a number of widely-reported "Marian Apparitions" in Muslim areas). Those promoting the globalist religion will also be sidling up to reincarnation in order to bring Buddhists and Hindus into the mix. The U.N. telegraphed this one-world-religion at least 30 years ago with its religious "chapel" in the U.N. building. It was decorated with the symbols of all the world religions--Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism. The resulting "Whore of Babylon" will be a smorgasbord of religion--something for everyone. :huff

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This might be helpful:

https://catholiccourier.com/articles/mary-comforts-all-those-who-die-alone-pope-says-at-audience

VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Mary, the mother of God, has been present during the COVID-19 pandemic, and she was by the side of all those who died alone, Pope Francis said.

“If someone is alone and abandoned, she is the mother and she is there nearby just as she was next to her son when everyone else abandoned him,” the pope said March 24 during his weekly general audience.

“Mary was and is present in these days of the pandemic, near the people who, unfortunately, concluded their earthly journey in isolation, without the comfort of or the closeness of their loved ones,” he said.

“Mary is always there, near us, with her maternal tenderness,” the pope said.

During the audience, which was livestreamed from the library of the Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis continued his series of talks about prayer by looking at prayer in communion with Mary and her role in people’s lives.

As he has underlined often, the pope reiterated that Mary is not a “co-redemptrix.” For decades, some Catholics have been petitioning the popes to recognize Mary as co-redemptrix to highlight the essential role she played in redemption.

In his audience talk, Pope Francis said, Christ is the one and only redeemer, and “there is no other name by which we can be saved.”

Christ is also the supreme mediator, he added, the “bridge that we cross to turn to the father.”

Jesus entrusted Mary to humanity as a mother, “not as a goddess, not as co-redemptrix,” he said, adding that love motivated some people to call her “co-redemptrix,” but love often leads people to “exaggerate.”

Mary “occupies a privileged place in the lives of Christians, and therefore, in their prayer as well, because she is the mother of Jesus,” he said.

However, she is “always in relation to her son and in connection with him,” he said. Jesus is the center, and “Mary is completely directed toward him.”

“This is the role Mary fulfilled throughout her entire earthly life and which she retains forever: to be the humble handmaid of the Lord, nothing more,” he said.

The feast of the Annunciation March 25 reminds people that Mary said, “yes,” and promptly welcomed the angel’s invitation.

Mary “also responds to our supplications, she hears our voices,” the pope said.

Like every good mother, “Mary defends us from danger, she is concerned about us even when we are concentrated on our own things and lose a sense of the way, and when we put not only our health in danger, but also our salvation,” he said.

“Mary is there, praying for us, praying for those who do not pray, praying with us. And why? Because she is our mother,” he said

None of this stuff (or extremely little of this, like Mary being present at Jesus crucifixion) is present in the bible whatsoever, neither are these instructions.

We are instructed to pray to the Father, directly and in Jesus name, period. We are told it's the Lord that protects and heals us, not Mary, we are told that it is the Holy Spirit that guides, helps, comforts, reminds us about (not Mary) Jesus Christ and His instructions.

We do not read these extra biblical items such as Mary responding to our supplications. Although he does say that Jesus is the way to salvation it seems that he puts Mary in the position of Holy Spirit and in effect gives her a prestige that sure seems like she's more than a believer in Christ that needed her sins forgiven as well.

The bible tells us that the Sarah representing heavenly (not earthly, nor Rome) Jerusalem of where a Christian's citizenship lay, is our mother, not Mary.

But the other woman, Sarah, represents the heavenly Jerusalem. She is the free woman, and she is our mother.

Gal 4:26

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor!
The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.
The Lord protects them
and keeps them alive.
He gives them prosperity in the land
and rescues them from their enemies.
The Lord nurses them when they are sick
and restores them to health.
Psalm 41:1-3

The Lord protects the foreigners among us.
He cares for the orphans and widows,
but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
Psalm 146:9

You who love the Lord, hate evil!
He protects the lives of his godly people
and rescues them from the power of the wicked.
Light shines on the godly,
and joy on those whose hearts are right.
Psalm 97:10-11

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
Matt 6:6

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
John 14:13-14

For healing we are told to:

Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

Most of the New Testament is completely about Jesus Christ, period. We might read about Mary as mother of Christ and then as being present with the Apostles, worshipping Jesus with them (Acts 1) but she does not play a major role or mention for hardly the rest of the New Testament.....not even in Revelation.

Last edited:

kathymendel

Yes, it is hard. Does anybody have a credible link to this story? Do you have one kathymendel? :)

You're right, it's easy to believe the op given the RCC background but even in this it's good to make sure we've got news links to support news items posted just to keep integrity in place at R.F. in our discussions.

I try not to respond if there's no link (this week I've been off in this for a couple reasons, sorry about that) and thanks for the reminder to double check.
My daughter checked the source and it was from one of major publications of the Catholic Church in the Vatican or Rome, I believe. Sorry I
don't have the actual name .......... she's on the phone right now so I can't get it from her. I will try to remember to do so when she gets off.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
My daughter checked the source and it was from one of major publications of the Catholic Church in the Vatican or Rome, I believe. Sorry I
don't have the actual name .......... she's on the phone right now so I can't get it from her. I will try to remember to do so when she gets off.

Yeah, no worries kathy. :) I had a moment and thought I'd see what I could find too. :)

SafReb

Agreed, that made me think of the rabid environmentalists/Gaia Earth-mother pagans who cannot draw a distinction between being responsible custodians of the earth and venerating it to the point where the earth itself takes precedence over humanity.

I have never known any Catholics personally, but how is it that they, as a supposed denomination of Christianity (in fact the “original one”) lost the plot so completely on the whole “Mary issue?
Its not just Mary. For over 2000 years they have distorted the bible, devalued our Lord and have led many astray, and sadly many have gone to hell because of them. Their teaching is a doctrine of demons. Thankfully, teachers like Dave Hunt and Mike Gendron have exposed this evil system.

This is the latest scandal reminisce of Babylon Religious system....

The legendary musician slammed the church's recently announced position on LGBT unions, tweeting Monday about the "hypocrisy" of the religious organization after it reportedly invested over $1 million in John's flamboyantly costumed, queer-themed 2019 biopic Rocketman, which he executive produced alongside his husband, David Furnish. It was the first movie by a major film studio to include a male homosexual sex scene.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ses-hypocritical-vatican-over-same-sex-stance

Last edited:

SafReb

Dd and I were having devotions this morning and she brought up this topic in later conversation. Like you, she read about this online last night,
but it was completely opposite to what is in the OP. He was saying Mary is not an intermediary to God, and is not to be worshipped. It seems that
in today's world everything gets twisted to the point that it is hard to know what to believe. Everyone has their own agenda and will take what they
will from the headlines. And, I recall the "telephone game" from my childhood...........a message started out at one end, and by the time it was shared
down the line to the last person, the message changed dramatically. Like you, I'm never sure of what the media says anymore, and take most of it
with a grain of salt.
But one thing you can be sure of is their teachings and this is reflected in whatever comes of their mouth especially the hierarchy.

Wings Like Eagles

I responded below--have no idea why it ended up as an independent post.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

If you go on the Vatican's Twitter page, it should be there unless it was deleted. I saw the "tweet" reproduced on a Christian website called Reformation Charlotte. Now, it could be that the Pope himself did not "tweet" that but perhaps someone else in his entourage did. Interesting that he would subsequently backtrack a bit. Probably because he was getting a LOT of protests from the more conservative elements in the RCC (and maybe even Catholic laity as well).

Last edited:

kathymendel

Yeah, no worries kathy. :) I had a moment and thought I'd see what I could find too. :)

It was from catholiccourier.com - and, someone has posted it here now.

I'm not in agreement at all with what was said there. I know that catholics revere Mary way too much and it is against what scripture teaches.
What gets me now-a-days is that you can read blurbs from a given source and the words are twisted to the point that you get two completely distorted
versions of what was said. Then, you have to determine which one is true - or if neither are true. We can no longer trust what anyone says - or supposedly
says. Because of that, I am resting fully on what God says in His Word ....... and, that alone. (Which has always been the best thing to do, anyway.)

TheRedeemed

I come from a catholic family, and am in fact a ‘confirmed’ one at 8 years old. How can an 8yr old make such a decision?!

Sadly, we lost a relative in November 2020, my aunt, who was ‘devout’ and the funeral service was a mass held in her local chapel.

I almost tutted aloud when the priest was mumbling on about ‘stuff’ that I never recognised about life after death, then stated that Mary the mother of God, will welcome her into heaven :woah

What a palaver the mass is, hocus, pocus, bell ringing, candle lighting, smoke spreading, and not a passage of scripture in sight, and all of it an attempt to make things right with God.

So glad I am not a member any more and don’t in fact have a ‘religion’ any more.

PTL.

Wings Like Eagles

The whole belief system of RCC is blasphemous.
Yes--much of it is. But there is still enough truth that remains there, that a few Catholics get saved. My Catholic cousins are devoted Bible students and they say that they are born again. I believe them. The RCC hierarchy has always discouraged the reading of the Bible among the parishioners. My cousins were fortunate that they grew up in a conservative RCC where the priests emphasized Bible study and held regular classes on the Bible. It of course had a Catholic slant to it, but my cousins were apparently smart enough to sort out the biblical truth from doctrinal falsehoods. The Scripture never comes back void.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

I come from a catholic family, and am in fact a ‘confirmed’ one at 8 years old. How can an 8yr old make such a decision?!

Sadly, we lost a relative in November 2020, my aunt, who was ‘devout’ and the funeral service was a mass held in her local chapel.

I almost tutted aloud when the priest was mumbling on about ‘stuff’ that I never recognised about life after death, then stated that Mary the mother of God, will welcome her into heaven :woah

What a palaver the mass is, hocus, pocus, bell ringing, candle lighting, smoke spreading, and not a passage of scripture in sight, and all of it an attempt to make things right with God.

So glad I am not a member any more and don’t in fact have a ‘religion’ any more.

PTL.
Yes--I read once that, "Religion is man's efforts to contact God. True faith arises from God contacting you through His word and His Word."

RonJohnSilver

Since I've never been inside a Catholic Church, what happens at a Mass? How is a Catholic service (or Mormon or JW or anything else really) different from a standard Protestant service. Is there a preacher, some message? Singing? What goes on there? And why is it called a Mass? Just curious.