Tinnitus - ringing or a wooshing sound in the ears - try this for relief

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by tinyprayers, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tinyprayers

tinyprayers Well-Known Member

I've suffered Tinnitus for awhile now. It varies in the sounds that occur but it is still a bother. Sometimes though it's just something you get use to having in the background of your life.

So I happen on this video today and try the very simple pressure point exercise the Chiropractic doctor in the video recommends. The wooshing sound, almost like dead air sound on a radio, was gone about 10 seconds after I finished the exercise.

Sharing here so that it maybe can be of help to others as well. Pass it on. We all are blessed if we find a gift of self-help healing.

2. Cloud Watcher

Cloud Watcher Well-Known Member

I have tinnitus in stereo, and it's really loud. But each side is a different sound. Whooshing? Nope. How about buzzsaw, road noise, jets flying overhead, chorus of monks chanting, a sound that's like hearing a radio on in another room with someone talking or singing the same song over and over.
    I have to use closed caption when watching TV, otherwise the dialogue sounds garbled.
    But when I go to bed tonight, trying to fall asleep despite the roar, I will see if pinching my earlobes will put me to sleep.

Lynn, ShilohRose, athenasius and 2 others like this.
  3. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

Mine is more like being outdoors on a hot August night and all you hear is swarms of crickets and cicada's and it is loud and never stops.

4. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

I can relate, chaser, my noise is like crickets on steroids..and never stops.

5. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

That's it ! , like crickets on steroids, and trying to out chirp each other non stop, that's it. I am sorry you have that too, I understand fully what you go through. I think mine is from a bad fall I had at age 5 (skull fracture) and some concussions in later years, think that is the cause of my migraines too.

6. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I had tinnitus in one ear for a year or two... figured I was stuck with it forever. Then one day it came back temporarily and only then did I realize it had gone away.

7. Cloud Watcher

Cloud Watcher Well-Known Member

I miss peace and quiet...utter silence. At this moment the left side is very loud, and the right side is faint.

8. DMac

DMac Well-Known Member

I don't have Tinnitus but was hoping this technique would help those of you who do. Praying for your relief.

Lynn, ShilohRose, athenasius and 3 others like this.
  9. Mary Cole

Mary Cole Well-Known Member

Mine is like high-pitched ringing nonstop. Both ears. It's from 10 years of loading and unloading aircraft with survival equipment while the plane engines were running.

Lynn, ShilohRose, athenasius and 3 others like this.
  10. DWB

DWB Well-Known Member

I thought I might be going nuts, glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Lynn, ShilohRose, athenasius and 4 others like this.
  11. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Mine is from 4 years in a submarine engine room.
    Loud white noise.

Lynn, ShilohRose, chaser and 3 others like this.
  12. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

tried it, but didn't get any difference. LOL maybe mine is just stubborn like me :p But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Judy4Jesus, DanLMP, Lynn and 2 others like this.
  13. ExultingInHim

ExultingInHim Member

I've found that a couple drops of colloidal silver seems to decrease the racket considerably.

Lynn likes this.
  14. RobinB

RobinB Active Member

Thanks, will try this!

15. RobinB

RobinB Active Member

Do you put the drops in your ear? Or rub on outside?

16. ExultingInHim

ExultingInHim Member

Just a drop or two in the ear. I usually notice a difference in an hour or so. It's not permanent, but the "crickets" go on vacation for a few days.

RobinB likes this.
  17. RobinB

RobinB Active Member

Interesting! The acupressure in the video above didn't seem to help. I use white vinegar in my ear when they feel like they're getting infected, wonder if that would help?

18. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Consult your doctor.

19. Judy4Jesus

Judy4Jesus Well-Known Member

Exactly ditto!!