Time to Call Upon the Name of the LORD

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Time to Call Upon the Name of the LORD
By Tim Moore

(Note: On Friday, February 18, 2022, Terry Cooper, the pastor of Ninevah Christian Church in Lawrenceburg, KY, and a dear friend to Lamb & Lion Ministries, was asked to offer the opening prayer for the Kentucky House of Representatives. His reflections on that day and an excerpt of his prayer are below.)

Jesus warned us that the last days would bring perilous times…times like have never been experienced in the world before.

“And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won’t follow immediately.” Then he added, “Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.”

“There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.” Luke 21:9-11 (NLT)

This is not the time to panic! No, this is the time to pray, to call out to God for help. These world-changing events are bigger than any individual or human government. We need help from God. We should put our hope and trust in God and call upon the name of the LORD.

The Psalmist Asaph said, “Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the glory of your name. Save us and forgive our sins for the honor of your name” (Psalm 79:9 – NLT).

Guided by that passage, here is a portion of the prayer I delivered to the Kentucky House of Representatives:

Blessed are you O Lord, King of the Universe. Blessed are You, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Blessed Father of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Your Only Begotten Son. Blessed be Your Name.

In prayer, and through the atoning Blood of Jesus we dare to enter Your Presence and call upon Your Name today for help.

Jesus told us that — in His Name — we could ask You, Father, for anything and we could come boldly and confidently with our requests before Your Holy Throne — if we would come by faith in Jesus’ Name.

So today, Father, by faith in Jesus’ Holy Name we ask You for help.

Lord, You told us that if we would confess our sins and repent of those sins, You would forgive us, cleanse us, and bless us. You would help us.

Today, we confess our many sins individually, as a state, and as a nation.

“In God We Trust” is written on our currency and our statehouse walls, but we have not put our trust in You or your Holy Word.

We confess this terrible sin today. We have trusted in many things, many people, but not in You.

Our nation, our people, we are divided more than at any time in my lifetime there is a great division in our land.

Anger, malice, hatred, fear, loneliness, anxiety, and despair are everywhere.

A hopelessness, a spiritual darkness covers our land.

We are looking for answers, looking for help in many places and through many people.

Some are seeking help through political power or political ideologies.

Some are seeking help through violence and intimidation.

Today, in this Kentucky House, we lift our eyes to You for help in the Name of Jesus our Messiah, we lift our eyes to You for help.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV).

We acknowledge today that You alone are the Creator of all things and from You alone comes life and breath.

We acknowledge today that only You can change the human heart.

Only You can give us the ability and the desire to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

Only You can unite us. United under You we will stand, divided apart from You we will surely fall.

Only You can restore civility to our political discourse that would enable our state and Federal this government to carry out Your divine purposes and plan for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In God We Trust.

We need your help; we need your Truth, we need your Word to light our way.

We need your help; we need Your Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ to light our way into the future.

We need You. We are all blind without Your Light, we will surely fall without You.

Today, in Jesus’ name I pray that Your Holy Spirit would come upon and into every Representative in this House. Come in power and authority.

Today, in Jesus’ name I pray that every bill, every law that comes from this House will be under Your Divine Authority, Power, and Providence.

I pray that this House will truly be the people’s house — the representative form of government that it was intended to be. Legislators working for the people, representing the people, but never forgetting that our ultimate responsibility and accountability is to the God of Heaven.

For it is before HIM that we will all one day stand. May He, by His Grace and the Blood of Christ, find us all faithful to Him on that last day.

In God We Trust. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today, I encourage the Church to pray and specifically ask God for help. Help us to not be fearful, but to use these perilous times to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to the lost and dying world that is living in fear and hopelessness.

In the midst of a time of distress, David wrote: “Help, O LORD, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth!” (Psalm 12:1 – NLT).

I pray that we will be among the faithful on the last day. Maranatha, Hosanna, Hallelujah, and Amen!

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/time-to-call-upon-the-name-of-the-lord/

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I pray that this House will truly be the people’s house — the representative form of government that it was intended to be. Legislators working for the people, representing the people, but never forgetting that our ultimate responsibility and accountability is to the God of Heaven.

For it is before HIM that we will all one day stand. May He, by His Grace and the Blood of Christ, find us all faithful to Him on that last day.

In God We Trust. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Amen! :pray

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I pray they listened as you prayed a most beautiful prayer over our state. Somewhere along the way, our one nation under God, turned it's back. Too many things are okay when it goes against His Word.

God warned us:
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 24, KJV

However, God also promised us:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV

Dear God, please hurry up!

But if The Lord should tarry, may we confess and repent and turn toward Him, that our land is healed and The Lord's harvest increased.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Wally

HIS Train fills the Temple...
"What a privilege to carry, Everything to God in prayer"

Worry happens.

Pray without ceasing.

It seems our cares are so magnified these days. With the constant input of information its no wonder.
With the stress of daily living, paying the bills, fixing the cars, spraying the wasps, termites, roof leaks,..
Carcinogens in the food, the expensive food, the comfort food we keep getting because we worry about food.....

I could go on ad infinitum [ fancy words for without end ]

But there is an interesting fact. All this stuff does end. All the yuck, the suck, lack of bucks, it all comes to an end.
And our suffering is but a moment. That is the promise.

But then comes the reality check. Today. We need to eat, we have to deal with people, and then all the worrying starts again.

So how many times have we interrupted the worry with prayer?
How fast do we hold to the One who give us real peace?

Be encouraged. Greater is He.

Perhaps we, like the little children addressed by the apostle, are so focused on our own stuff, our prayers are twisted and miss the target.

Be Glorified Lord.
Be maginfied in what You are doing in us.
Be Praised for Your boundless Love!
Your Grace and Mercy are beyond our understanding.
All Praise to Your Name!
Jesus! Messiah!
Oh Holy Spirit be honored and praised.

Our worries and cares are nothing but vapors,
Yet in your great care for Your children, You meet or needs.

All Praise Honor and Glory to You Alone.

And His peace flows to and through those who Love Him.
Who Trust Him and Believe in His Name, His Word, His Promises.

Our God is an awesome God. Leave your worries with Him and praise Him for what He will do with them.

........... and then my thermos leaks back in the real world.

Showers of blessing. Thank You Lord Jesus.

Reason & Hope

"What a privilege to carry, Everything to God in prayer"

Worry happens.

Pray without ceasing.

It seems our cares are so magnified these days. With the constant input of information its no wonder.
With the stress of daily living, paying the bills, fixing the cars, spraying the wasps, termites, roof leaks,..
Carcinogens in the food, the expensive food, the comfort food we keep getting because we worry about food.....

I could go on ad infinitum [ fancy words for without end ]

But there is an interesting fact. All this stuff does end. All the yuck, the suck, lack of bucks, it all comes to an end.

But then comes the reality check. Today. We need to eat, we have to deal with people, and then all the worrying starts again.

So how many times have we interrupted the worry with prayer?
How fast do we hold to the One who give us real peace?

Be encouraged. Greater is He.

Perhaps we, like the little children addressed by the apostle, are so focused on our own stuff, our prayers are twisted and miss the target.

Be Glorified Lord.
Be maginfied in what You are doing in us.
Be Praised for Your boundless Love!
Your Grace and Mercy are beyond our understanding.
All Praise to Your Name!
Jesus! Messiah!
Oh Holy Spirit be honored and praised.

Our worries and cares are nothing but vapors,
Yet in your great care for Your children, You meet or needs.

All Praise Honor and Glory to You Alone.

And His peace flows to and through those who Love Him.
Who Trust Him and Believe in His Name, His Word, His Promises.

Our God is an awesome God. Leave your worries with Him and praise Him for what He will do with them.

........... and then my thermos leaks back in the real world.

Showers of blessing. Thank You Lord Jesus.
Thanks for this, Wally. I had a difficult time getting to sleep last night even though I was dog tired because I was feeling anxious about many things. I went through them one by one, consciously trying to give each concern over to the Lord. Now I think I need to sing some praise songs to elevate my mood.

Wally

HIS Train fills the Temple...
Perhaps the best way to improve our day, is to try make someone else's day better.

Remember the 5 Love Languages: [Chapman]

quality time
words of affirmation
giving gifts
acts of service
physical touch

Something that also helps is compassion. Knowing God's compassion for us, and having compassion for others who have few choices and little help.
We may not light up the world, but we can brighten the space around us.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
That's a good post and I book marked it. We all have worries and concerns and it is so good to lay them at the feet of Our Lord and Savior. Praise God!!

Dragontiger777

Chris or whoever in manager of this forum. I need speak with you on message, hard to find to reach because I want to talk in private message.

I have so many to input and still hard to think in right grammar and point of view/persecutive. I don't want them to think I am speaking or misunderstand complete opposite message on this forum.

Andy C

Chris or whoever in manager of this forum. I need speak with you on message, hard to find to reach because I want to talk in private message.

I have so many to input and still hard to think in right grammar and point of view/persecutive. I don't want them to think I am speaking or misunderstand complete opposite message on this forum.
At the bottom of the screen, you should see “contact us”. You can use that to contact Chris, or under your post, click report, and send a message saying you want to contact him.