Three killed, suspect arrested in shooting in Copenhagen mall

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Three killed, suspect arrested in shooting in Copenhagen mall
Police are as of yet unsure if there are more assailants still on the loose.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF, REUTERS
Published: JULY 3, 2022

Three people were killed and a number of others were injured in a shooting at Field's shopping mall in Copenhagen on Sunday evening, according to Copenhagen police. A suspect has been arrested. The suspect is 22 years old and Danish, police said during a press conference on Sunday evening, adding that it is too early to say what the motive of the shooter was or if there were other assailants. It is unclear if the attack was a terrorist attack.

Video reportedly from the scene showed crowds of shoppers running through the mall as shots were heard being periodically fired in the background. Photos from the scene showed a large presence of emergency services at the site. "We currently do not have the opportunity to tell more about the person's identity," said police after announcing the arrest. "We are massively present in Fields and are working to form an overview. We will update here as soon as we can."

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-711101

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I'm wondering why mainstream news is reporting overseas shootings. I assume that Denmark has strict gun laws, so this doesn't go with their normal agenda. Maybe they are going for a global perspective of "All guns are bad."

Footsteps

I'm wondering why mainstream news is reporting overseas shootings. I assume that Denmark has strict gun laws, so this doesn't go with their normal agenda. Maybe they are going for a global perspective of "All guns are bad."
I agree but another element IMO is ratings. People want to know:

where
who
# killed
# wounded

When the public becomes more desensitized, the above data will be included in weather reports.