This may be how your guns are taken

Kenny64

Some truth to this. But with sheer number of guns, ammo and people who own them the possibility of getting all is nearly impossible.

The Law is on our side and mostly will not follow an illegal order to confiscate. Just morally wrong. Oh and Legally wrong. See 4th Amendment , 10th Amendment. 1st Amendment.. --2nd Amendment...-Shall not be Infringed... Bill of Rights set forth to 'limit the govenment". not the people.

InsuranceGuy

Really?...this really kills any hope i may have had for our country..
I know we have all been taught to believe one side of the political coin or the other. I do believe Trump brought a 4 year gap for more people to get saved in the USA, but I also think his own Party doesn't agree with him and that most of them are Globalists, just as the Democrats are. We've been led to believe there is a two party system. In my mind, there isn't. I've heard too many Republicans speaking to say you could tell them apart from most Democrats if their political party wasn't running across the tv under their name.

JSTyler

I know we have all been taught to believe one side of the political coin or the other. I do believe Trump brought a 4 year gap for more people to get saved in the USA, but I also think his own Party doesn't agree with him and that most of them are Globalists, just as the Democrats are. We've been led to believe there is a two party system. In my mind, there isn't. I've heard too many Republicans speaking to say you could tell them apart from most Democrats if their political party wasn't running across the tv under their name.
A bunch of little Judas's slithering around the swamp.

athenasius

What was the verse so we can check it out? I'd like to see how much it changed
I just spoke with my daughter. The verses in question were Prov 22:3-5 and Prov 19:16. she had them written out for the older girls as part of their school lessons. She had an NIV of her own that we bought her probably when she was about 8. So almost 30 years ago. She does some stuff online and had quickly gone to Bible Gateway (as I do too) to just grab the verses. And they were different.

I've noticed more than once when I memorized a verse years ago that I go to Bible Gateway to quickly look it up and the wording I memorized has been changed. I just thought maybe I made some mistake or they revised it or something.

Well I think a WHOLE LOTTA revising is now going on.

Here is DD's old NIV Bible:
3;A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge but the simple keep going and suffer for it.

4: Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honour and life.

5: In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares but he who guards his soul stays far from them.

Here is the NIV Bible Gateway version:
Proverbs 22:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
3 The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.

4 Humility is the fear of the Lord;
its wages are riches and honor and life.

5 In the paths of the wicked are snares and pitfalls,
but those who would preserve their life stay far from them.

EACH verse has been changed, to eliminate the gender but more importantly the meaning of the sentence is slightly changed too. LOOK at v 4!!!

Humility AND the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honour and life.

Now it has become Humility IS the fear of the Lord

Here it is in the KJV from Bible Gateway
Proverbs 22:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.

NOW FOR THE OTHER VERSE THAT UPSET HER and me too.

Here is DD's old NIV for Prov 19:16
He who obeys instructions guards his soul but he who is contemptuous of his ways will die

And the NEW NIV version of Prov 19:16 and again, it eliminated gender and it loses a bit of meaning in the process
Proverbs 19:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 Whoever keeps commandments keeps their life,
but whoever shows contempt for their ways will die.

Here it is in KJV with Gateway so I don't think it's Bible Gateways fault, it's the NIV publisher
Proverbs 19:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.

In some cases I can see how they might be making it clear for modern readers, but making it into something different like the Humility AND the fear of the Lord

are very different to

Humility IS the fear of the Lord.

usoutpost31

Simply put, gun confiscation on a scale large enough to make any significant impact on reducing guns in the the US is nearly impossible. If it was to be attempted the civil unrest and fallout would end any pretense of civil society. I in no way advocate any violence whatsoever but the reality is simple, a large percentage of the folks that own firearms will not under any circumstance peacefully comply with confiscatory policies.
Basically the only way it would work is if people gave them up voluntarily. And I do see one scenario which it could occur, but we won't be here for it.

The world will be looking to stabilize in the chaos following the Rapture. So after the AC rises into power and implements his new world order, he will convince the citizens of the new global community the only path to peace and security is for people to let go of the ways of the old world, He will point out that decimated governments, emergency services and law enforcement agencies need the cooperation of their citizens to establish law and order.. Having the world under his sway and a strong delusion taking place, those left behind will offer the compliance he needs.

Mama Bug

All this talk of gun confiscation has me wanting to stockpile ammo and buy another 9mm like now. (I have one but want to sell/trade it for a Glock) I also want an AR-15. My dh has one that he bought when he heard they were trying to outlaw them. I want one of my own. The ammo is like .22 ammo. I could probably do more damage with my .40 caliber. Liberals think it’s an “assault rifle”. If it was that bad I wouldn’t be so comfortable shooting it. It’s just that you can get a clip that will hold either 30 or 50 but they don’t kick at all and are accurate.
Talk of taking away my guns makes me angry. I’m 5’2, 120-125 pounds. My chances of taking on an attacker and winning are not that great, unless I’m really angry and really lucky. I’m as harmless as they come. I need to be able to defend myself and my kids. My husband could probably take on somebody but he isn’t always with me. They try to take my guns they’ll have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers.

depserv

It's my understanding that the loophole used to allow this frivolous lawsuit is that it claims the advertising inspired the killer to go out and kill people with that type of weapon. It is unquestionably an attack on the right to keep and bear arms, because the effect of a victory will be that the cost of making and selling guns will go up, so much so that it isn't profitable to make and sell them anymore. This is a knife in the back of our Second Amendment rights, and you can count on traitors like Michael Bloomberg driving that knife in as deep as they can.

But it's important to remember that it is an attack on the First Amendment that is being used to attack the Second, since it's the advertising that the Second Amendment is being attacked through. So those who talk about Bibles being outlawed next are more correct than they might realize. This shows us how a determined assault on one of our freedoms will spill over onto all of our freedoms.

There is much truth in the saying that the pen is mightier than the sword, and that truth is not lost on those who would like to become our human masters. So those who try to destroy the Second Amendment will ultimately do the same thing to the First. All of the First, especially including free speech and freedom of religion. I think we can count on this. In fact I think this has been their ultimate goal all along; they just feel more comfortable doing it after we are disarmed. Much groundwork has already been laid for attacks on our First Amendment rights and a structure for such attacks is being built.

In fact the illegal decisions of the Supreme Court many years ago that outlawed organized prayer in the government schools (among other things) was a massive assault on freedom of religion, and has done much to make Christianity appear like some kind of fringe thing, like something you don't do in public. We are told that kids can't be taught about Christianity in the schools, but at the same time liberal dogma, which is the religion of the liberal, is programmed into kids like it's some kind of official state religion.

We are seeing much groundwork being laid for thoughtcrime laws. So-called hate crime for example is thoughtcrime, because the essential ingredient that defines it as hate crime is the thought it's based in. And then there is hate speech. If you look at liberal propaganda, two things are commonly called hate speech: expressions of patriotism and Christianity. People are already getting in trouble in some places for overt non-acceptance of liberal dogma on things like feminism and homosexuality (and the whole LGBTQ nonsense); these things effectively ban the spreading of God's word. This kind of thoughtcrime enforcement is rampant in any place under the control of the liberal cult (like schools for example), so what do you expect will happen when the liberal war machine is complete and that cult has the absolute power it seeks?

We have generations now who have grown up with the threat of expulsion from the government schools hanging over their heads if they express thought that has been forbidden by the high seers of liberalism (so-called political correctness). These generations will be open to the same kind of thing done through legislative power and enforced by thought police; it just seems normal and good to them because of their indoctrination and their exposure to it all through their formative years in the government schools.

There is no question that liberalism is not just a cult of America-hating, racist, marxist bigots, it is also a satanic cult. It is clear from their propaganda and by what they do when they are in control that they hate the Bible at least as much as they hate the Constitution. So it is easy to see that once that cult has the absolute power it seeks, its thought police will have real police power, and it will be not only patriots but also Christians (which are often one and the same) those police will be hunting.

And this is the kind of thing the Bible tells us will come in the end times. So we can't say we weren't warned.

depserv

All this talk of gun confiscation has me wanting to stockpile ammo and buy another 9mm like now. (I have one but want to sell/trade it for a Glock) I also want an AR-15. My dh has one that he bought when he heard they were trying to outlaw them. I want one of my own. The ammo is like .22 ammo. I could probably do more damage with my .40 caliber. Liberals think it’s an “assault rifle”. If it was that bad I wouldn’t be so comfortable shooting it. It’s just that you can get a clip that will hold either 30 or 50 but they don’t kick at all and are accurate.
Talk of taking away my guns makes me angry. I’m 5’2, 120-125 pounds. My chances of taking on an attacker and winning are not that great, unless I’m really angry and really lucky. I’m as harmless as they come. I need to be able to defend myself and my kids. My husband could probably take on somebody but he isn’t always with me. They try to take my guns they’ll have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers.
There is an old saying that goes like this: God made big men and small men; Sam Colt made them equal. It could be added now that Gaston Glock and Eugene Stoner (the designer of the AR15) made them even more equal, and made women equal too.

I have an NRA pistol instructor certification and my advice is the Glock is one of the best pistols made. I carry a 40 but the 9mm will suit your purpose very well; in fact our military and the FBI and I believe most police anymore carry the 9. Ammo for it is relatively cheap so it doesn't cost as much to develop skill in its use.

I had one Glock 9mm that I bought as a used police trade-in and I probably ran a good 30,000 rounds through it, and it still worked fine when I gave it to an old friend. But if you do shoot yours that much you will probably break a spring or pin now and then; it won't cost much for the repair, but the gun is shut down until you get it fixed, so if it happened at the wrong time it would leave you defenseless. It helps if you put in a new recoil spring every five to ten thousand rounds. Most people never shoot theirs that much though so it isn't an issue. But you should run at least a few thousand rounds through one to get comfortable with it before you carry it. And don't just spray bullets out like I see people doing at the range sometimes; fire each shot when you practice as though your life depends on that one shot hitting its target.

The AR type rifles fire a .22 caliber bullet but it's longer and heavier and is going way faster than what is called a .22, and it is said to have good stopping power. It's easy to use and there is virtually no recoil. If you get one make sure it's designed for 5.56 mm instead of .223. Some people think these are simply different names for the same thing but they really aren't. Both rounds will fit into the same chamber but the 5.56 is built for a little more pressure; you can fire either one in a rifle with 5.56 stamped on it but it is recommended that you do not fire 5.56 ammo in one with .223 stamped on it. You can probably do it, but like I said, it isn't recommended.

A big problem with the AR15, or any rifle, is that the bullet travels a long way and can penetrate multiple walls etc. So there is a chance of over-penetration and maybe hitting an innocent person, maybe even one of your own kids sleeping in a bedroom, or a neighbor. I don't know if this has ever actually happened, but the potential is there. If you use hollow points, over-penetration is reduced and stopping power is increased substantially. One of the common types of ammo for that rifle is the green tip military ammo. These are called penetrator rounds and they have a steel insert so they penetrate better. These might be fine for practice, but for defensive use, go with hollow points instead.

The grammar nazi in me wants me to correct a common misuse of language in your comment. There is a difference between a clip and a magazine, and use of the word clip to refer to a magazine, even as common as that usage is, is not idiomatic, because the difference between the two matters, so it's important that the right word be used. The magazine is the thing that holds the ammunition ready to be pushed one at a time into the chamber; a clip is a strip of metal that holds ammo together so it can be shoved quickly into a magazine. You can get clips for an AR15, but what you are referring to is a magazine. If you use the wrong terminology you might end up buying things you have no use for, instead of something you need.

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
and Trump is a Nationalist and unfortunately at this late date it's all about globalism for both dems and repubs in the U.S. The whole world has devolved into this mindset.

I too believe Trump bought some time for people to come to Christ. Also his support for Israel is invaluable after Obama's trashing her.

Mama Bug

There is an old saying that goes like this: God made big men and small men; Sam Colt made them equal. It could be added now that Gaston Glock and Eugene Stoner (the designer of the AR15) made them even more equal, and made women equal too.

I have an NRA pistol instructor certification and my advice is the Glock is one of the best pistols made. I carry a 40 but the 9mm will suit your purpose very well; in fact our military and the FBI and I believe most police anymore carry the 9. Ammo for it is relatively cheap so it doesn't cost as much to develop skill in its use.

I had one Glock 9mm that I bought as a used police trade-in and I probably ran a good 30,000 rounds through it, and it still worked fine when I gave it to an old friend. But if you do shoot yours that much you will probably break a spring or pin now and then; it won't cost much for the repair, but the gun is shut down until you get it fixed, so if it happened at the wrong time it would leave you defenseless. It helps if you put in a new recoil spring every five to ten thousand rounds. Most people never shoot theirs that much though so it isn't an issue. But you should run at least a few thousand rounds through one to get comfortable with it before you carry it. And don't just spray bullet out like I see people doing at the range sometimes; fire each shot when you practice as though your life depends on that one shot hitting its target.

The AR type rifles fire a .22 caliber bullet but it's bigger and is going way faster than what is called a .22, and it is said to have good stopping power. It's easy to use and there is virtually no recoil. If you get one make sure it's designed for 5.56 mm instead of .223. Some people think these are simply different names for the same thing but they really aren't. Both rounds will fit into the same chamber but the 5.56 is built for a little more pressure; you can fire either one in a rifle with 5.56 stamped on it but it is recommended that you do not fire 5.56 ammo in one with .223 stamped on it. You can probably do it, but like I said, it isn't recommended.

A big problem with the AR15, or any rifle, is that the bullet travels a long way and can penetrate multiple walls etc. So there is a chance of over-penetration and maybe hitting an innocent person, maybe even one of your own kids sleeping in a bedroom, or a neighbor. I don't know if this has ever actually happened, but the potential is there. If you use hollow points, over-penetration is reduced and stopping power is increased substantially. One of the common types of ammo for that rifle is the green tip military ammo. These are called penetrator rounds and they have a steel insert so they penetrate better. These might be fine for practice, but for defensive use, go with hollow points instead.

The grammar nazi in me wants me to correct a common misuse of language in your comment. There is a difference between a clip and a magazine, and use of the word clip to refer to a magazine is not idiomatic, because there is a difference between the two and that difference does matter. The magazine is the thing that holds the ammunition ready to be pushed into the chamber; a clip is a strip of metal that holds ammo together so it can be shoved quickly into a magazine. You can get clips for an AR15, but what you are referring to is a magazine. If you use the wrong terminology you might end up buying things you have no use for, instead of something you need.
My husband is a fan of the Glock as well. That’s how I was introduced to it. I have a .40 caliber Glock (Glock 23 Gen 4) but my 9mm is a Smith & Wesson M&P. Between the two, I like the Glock better. I like the sights on it better and I’m more able to hit my target. I’m definitely selling or trading the Smith & Wesson for a Glock 19. I carry the Glock with me. I’ll have to ask my husband which AR he has, the .223 or 5.56. To be honest I just go along with what he says. He’s been around guns his whole life and does his homework before he buys one. He taught me how to handle my guns and when I practice shooting he’s always with me. We use full metal jacket for practice but keep hollow points in there for defense. I haven’t fired them much, so I shouldn’t have a problem with them messing up like that. I hope anyway.

depserv

Liberal dogma defines God's word as hate speech. Not all of it, but at least some of it.

So say some guy commits mass murder in a homosexual bar, and when the authorities search his house they find a Bible open to the story of God's wrath bring brought down on Sodom and Gomorrah, and certain passages are highlighted. So they decide that the Bible inspired him to commit the murder. We all know that the Bible does not inspire such things, but what we know doesn't matter one bit when it comes to the official state religion making judgments. And the official state religion hates anything that challenges its dogma, including the Bible.

Liberals have already been programmed to hate God's word and His people. So they could easily be led to believe that it was the Bible that led the killer to commit his crime. And the low information crowd could be led to go along with them, with the right encouragement from the liberal propaganda machines.

So could the survivors of the murder victims sue the publisher of the Bible the killer read? This would be the same thing as the survivors of victims of a school shooting suing Remington because they claim its advertising led the killer to commit his crime. I could see this happening. Not now, but I can see a time when it could happen, and no one would even think it was anything out of the ordinary. This is what the future holds for us, if America remains on the path we are on.

GotGrace

I had one Glock 9mm that I bought as a used police trade-in and I probably ran a good 30,000 rounds through it, and it still worked fine when I gave it to an old friend. But if you do shoot yours that much you will probably break a spring or pin now and then; it won't cost much for the repair, but the gun is shut down until you get it fixed, so if it happened at the wrong time it would leave you defenseless. It helps if you put in a new recoil spring every five to ten thousand rounds. Most people never shoot theirs that much though so it isn't an issue. But you should run at least a few thousand rounds through one to get comfortable with it before you carry it. And don't just spray bullets out like I see people doing at the range sometimes; fire each shot when you practice as though your life depends on that one shot hitting its target.

The AR type rifles fire a .22 caliber bullet but it's longer and heavier and is going way faster than what is called a .22, and it is said to have good stopping power. It's easy to use and there is virtually no recoil. If you get one make sure it's designed for 5.56 mm instead of .223. Some people think these are simply different names for the same thing but they really aren't. Both rounds will fit into the same chamber but the 5.56 is built for a little more pressure; you can fire either one in a rifle with 5.56 stamped on it but it is recommended that you do not fire 5.56 ammo in one with .223 stamped on it. You can probably do it, but like I said, it isn't recommended.

The grammar nazi in me wants me to correct a common misuse of language in your comment. There is a difference between a clip and a magazine, and use of the word clip to refer to a magazine, even as common as that usage is, is not idiomatic, because the difference between the two matters, so it's important that the right word be used. The magazine is the thing that holds the ammunition ready to be pushed one at a time into the chamber; a clip is a strip of metal that holds ammo together so it can be shoved quickly into a magazine. You can get clips for an AR15, but what you are referring to is a magazine. If you use the wrong terminology you might end up buying things you have no use for, instead of something you need.
Question: since there is no safety on the glock do you carry in a holster? If carrying in a vehicle are you concerned hitting a bump could cause a loaded Glock to fire? These probably sound stupid to ask but I am serious.

tuco22

Some truth to this. But with sheer number of guns, ammo and people who own them the possibility of getting all is nearly impossible.

The Law is on our side and mostly will not follow an illegal order to confiscate. Just morally wrong. Oh and Legally wrong. See 4th Amendment , 10th Amendment. 1st Amendment.. --2nd Amendment...-Shall not be Infringed... Bill of Rights set forth to 'limit the govenment". not the people.
The law is NOT on our side. Most of your elected representatives are NOT on your side. They'll simply stop your monthly social security/disability/retirement checks until you comply. End of story. For those not receiving government money, they'll go after licensure of any sort, drivers licenses, etc. It'll all be "legal" don't you know. Most everyone will go along because to eat, to pay rent, etc., they'll have to, and also because their fellow Christians won't help them, because it'll be "illegal" to do so, don't you know, and we must abstain from the appearance of evil, don't you know. Sorry, but that's how I see it playing out.

depserv

Question: since there is no safety on the glock do you carry in a holster? If carrying in a vehicle are you concerned hitting a bump could cause a loaded Glock to fire? These probably sound stupid to ask but I am serious.
There are no stupid questions (and if there were I have probably asked them).

There is no reason for Glock pistols to have a safety because they are not carried with a hammer cocked. Glocks use a striker, not a hammer, and it's only partially tensioned when the gun is carried; when the trigger is pulled the striker is tensioned the rest of the way and then released (you can feel the two stages when you pull the trigger). Since there is no hammer poised to slam into the firing pin as soon as it's released, the Glock is more like a double action revolver, and you never see safeties on them.

The Glock has passive safeties, that make certain that the pistol will only fire if the trigger is pulled. They have been drop tested many times and they do not go off.

Any pistol should be carried in a holster that covers the trigger guard, because as long as the trigger is not pulled, the gun will not go off. If the trigger guard is not covered, something might get into the trigger guard and push the trigger back, like say if it's just thrown into a purse and a bottle of fingernail polish gets pushed into the trigger guard. Carry it in a holster and it won't go off, no matter how many bumps you hit.

depserv

I keep mine in a holster and carry it around in my purse. It’s loaded but there’s no bullet in the chamber so it won’t go off.
I'm not a big fan of any kind of off body carry, as in purse carry, because you might not always have the purse under your immediate control. This news account shows what can happen. and keep in mind that the family in this incident had been around guns and hunting all their lives; they were intelligent, well-educated professionals.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ow-an-idaho-toddler-shot-his-mom-at-wal-mart/

It's generally recommended that a pistol carried for self defense be carried with the chamber loaded. This is because the overwhelming majority of self defense uses of a pistol take place within ten or fifteen feet, and many of them are within hand's reach. Criminals tend to sneak up on you and then attack suddenly, so often people find themselves suddenly in the middle of a fight before they know what's going on. In a situation like that you might not have both hands available to rack the slide, or the time it takes might be enough time for you to lose the fight. This isn't my idea by the way; it's generally considered sound advice throughout the self defense community (though some disagree).

As I said above, carry it in a good holster that keeps the trigger guard covered and it won't go off.

And of course when you handle the gun the trigger finger always stays outside of the trigger guard, laying alongside the guard, until the gun is pointed downrange and you are ready to shoot.

There are several holsters made for women. One I think works well with quite a few different clothes is called SmartCarry (a lot of men like this too; I have one). Some women (probably not on this forum) wear their clothes so tight there's no way they can hide a gun anywhere. But if you wear comfortably loose-fitting clothes there are some very good carry options available.

JSTyler

I'm not a big fan of any kind of off body carry, as in purse carry, because you might not always have the purse under your immediate control. This news account shows what can happen. and keep in mind that the family in this incident had been around guns and hunting all their lives; they were intelligent, well-educated professionals.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ow-an-idaho-toddler-shot-his-mom-at-wal-mart/

It's generally recommended that a pistol carried for self defense be carried with the chamber loaded. This is because the overwhelming majority of self defense uses of a pistol take place within ten or fifteen feet, and many of them are within hand's reach. Criminals tend to sneak up on you and then attack suddenly, so often people find themselves suddenly in the middle of a fight before they know what's going on. In a situation like that you might not have both hands available to rack the slide, or the time it takes might be enough time for you to lose the fight. This isn't my idea by the way; it's generally considered sound advice throughout the self defense community (though some disagree).

As I said above, carry it in a good holster that keeps the trigger guard covered and it won't go off.

And of course when you handle the gun the trigger finger always stays outside of the trigger guard, laying alongside the guard, until the gun is pointed downrange and you are ready to shoot.

There are several holsters made for women. One I think works well with quite a few different clothes is called SmartCarry (a lot of men like this too; I have one). Some women (probably not on this forum) wear their clothes so tight there's no way they can hide a gun anywhere. But if you wear comfortably loose-fitting clothes there are some very good carry options available.
Great information, great advice. Agree 100%