Third temple

athenasius

Ezek 38:18-20 says this:
18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.

Note that this earthquake is localized inside the land of Israel. It's so large that all the people on earth tremble at God's presence. That is a BIG quake we are talking about. Every wall falls to the ground sounds pretty much like the Dome and a lot of other buildings will be rubble and dust by the time the shaking quits. The mountain that sits under the Temple Mount may be overturned to shake off the current structures.

I don't think it's a stretch to consider that the Dome and all the other Muslim building might be dashed to pieces on the day of Gog Magog's invasion of Israel.

There are some indicators in that passage that we won't be around to see it or that we are taken up just before/during. Whether or not we are, that quake could easily knock out the Dome problem.

After such a major defeat to the Non Arab Muslim nations, the Palestinians may be terrified as they see how The God of Israel defeated the armies of Gog Magog, many of whom were Muslims.

There are no scriptures indicating the Antichrist builds the future Temple, but there are some hints that his deal has to do with the Temple. Daniel 9:26-27

26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’

In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Halfway thru v 26 there is a jump forward in time. We are in the end times when it says The end will come like a flood.

Next we see the covenant mentioned. It is for a week of years or 7 years.

Next is 3 and half years after the covenant and we get the mention of the Temple. The sacrifice and offering are part of regular Temple practice and occur in the Temple. But that time is halfway thru the Tribulation period.

A lot of prophecy teachers see a connection between the covenant and the next subject that is brought up, which is the Temple.

It doesn't SAY that the AC uses the Temple as a way to get that covenant signed with the Jews, but there is at least a mild implication that it might be so.

OR it could simply mean a change in subject.

Whatever else happens, the Temple is built and running by the midpoint of the Tribulation.

Since much of the Temple is already prefabricated and ready to go --over the years the Temple Institute has shared the plans, the 3D flythru rendering as well as pictures of the finished Temple furnishings, it won't take long to build.

In addition they've been training the priests, and running practice sacrifices for several years now.

They have a Red Heifer breeding program, and one day the Lord will allow it to happen, but every year they announce a new candidate and before the year is out, the latest Red Heifer is disqualified, sometimes by what looks like miraculous intervention.

As for the Ark of the Covenant, that was missing in Herod's Temple and didn't stop the offerings in Jesus time, so there is a good possibility that won't interfere with the plans for the Tribulation Temple.

Lovin Jesus

18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.

Note that this earthquake is localized inside the land of Israel. It's so large that all the people on earth tremble at God's presence. That is a BIG quake we are talking about. Every wall falls to the ground sounds pretty much like the Dome and a lot of other buildings will be rubble and dust by the time the shaking quits. The mountain that sits under the Temple Mount may be overturned to shake off the current structures.

I don't think it's a stretch to consider that the Dome and all the other Muslim building might be dashed to pieces on the day of Gog Magog's invasion of Israel.

There are some indicators in that passage that we won't be around to see it or that we are taken up just before/during. Whether or not we are, that quake could easily knock out the Dome problem.

After such a major defeat to the Non Arab Muslim nations, the Palestinians may be terrified as they see how The God of Israel defeated the armies of Gog Magog, many of whom were Muslims.

There are no scriptures indicating the Antichrist builds the future Temple, but there are some hints that his deal has to do with the Temple. Daniel 9:26-27

26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination
that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Halfway thru v 26 there is a jump forward in time. We are in the end times when it says The end will come like a flood.

Next is 3 and half years after the covenant and we get the mention of the Temple. The sacrifice and offering are part of regular Temple practice and occur in the Temple. But that time is halfway thru the Tribulation period.

A lot of prophecy teachers see a connection between the covenant and the next subject that is brought up, which is the Temple.

It doesn't SAY that the AC uses the Temple as a way to get that covenant signed with the Jews, but there is at least a mild implication that it might be so.

Whatever else happens, the Temple is built and running by the midpoint of the Tribulation.

Since much of the Temple is already prefabricated and ready to go --over the years the Temple Institute has shared the plans, the 3D flythru rendering as well as pictures of the finished Temple furnishings, it won't take long to build.

In addition they've been training the priests, and running practice sacrifices for several years now.

They have a Red Heifer breeding program, and one day the Lord will allow it to happen, but every year they announce a new candidate and before the year is out, the latest Red Heifer is disqualified, sometimes by what looks like miraculous intervention.

As for the Ark of the Covenant, that was missing in Herod's Temple and didn't stop the offerings in Jesus time, so there is a good possibility that won't interfere with the plans for the Tribulation Temple.
I've had the thought that if there is a period of time between a the rapture and the onset of the tribulation the temple may be built in that timeframe. The Jews are set to begin. They have everything prepared but for the unblemished Hefner and for them to not have an obstacle to build it like the Muslim Dome but then I think the temple could be built as part of the confirmed covenant. I read that an actual temple isn't needed but like Moses had the tabernacle as his temple. I don't know but I just care that we are gone soon as promised that we are not appointed to God's judgements and we will be kept from the hour of trial.

Saved and Waiting

from Jack Kelley:

Thank you so much for your site. I’m studying the temple of Ezekiel, and the boundaries of Israel during the Millennium and google search came up with your site. I read and took notes on your article “The Coming Temple.” Very well researched; thanks.
My questions are as follows:
1. the temple built in Shiloh … is it the temple described in Ezekiel 40-48? You confused me by saying (and I quote from your article)
“Following instructions given by Ezekiel, this Temple will be located north of Jerusalem in Shiloh.”
The instructions you are referring to, are they in Ezek. 40-48?
2. When Yahshua returns to build the fallen tent of David, which temple is that? You say that temple is Ez 40-48. Do you mean that Ezekiel describes two temples? Please clarify.
3. Have you considered the temple not made by hands? Have you considered that the tent of David could be the ‘family’ or house of David? The Greek word used here can be translated as family or house.
A
1. As I stated in the article, I believe the so-called Tribulation Temple and the Millennial Temple are the same. Jews refer to Ezekiel’s Temple as the 3rd Temple, and never mention a 4th one but Daniel (Daniel 9:27), Paul (2 Thes 2:4) and John (Rev. 11:1) all speak of a Temple in Israel during Daniel’s 70th week well before the Millennium. So all have to be referring to the same one. By plotting the distribution of land from Ezekiel 48 you can see that the Temple won’t be in Jerusalem, but several miles north in Shiloh.
2. The Temple spoken of in Acts is Ezekiel’s one and only Temple. It will be built early in Daniel’s 70th week, after the Lord has taken the Church but before the 2nd Coming.
3. The concept of a temple not made by hands can either refer to the Church where the Lord dwells in this age (1 Cor. 3:16) or the Temple in Heaven of which the earthly one is a copy (Hebrews 9:11). Daniel, Paul, and John all speak of a physical building, not a spiritual one, that exists in Israel during the last 7 years.

Jack has a few question and answer to the location of the 3rd temple. I believe he's right (and biblical) on it being in Shiloh. We'll know for sure and I believe we'll be in the New Jerusalem when it is built.

Jojo4124

I've heard some theories that the temple doesn't actually need to be built, since the word translated "temple" in Rev. 11:2 is the Greek "naos," which more accurately means "sanctuary," or the space within a temple where the throne or image of the god being worshipped sits. In this case, it would be the space above the Foundation Stone, within the Dome of the Rock. This would allow the Dome to remain standing, and the current Sanhedrin appears to be making plans to begin sacrifices on a portable altar in front of the Dome of the Rock, potentially without a red heifer, and without a Temple.

Now, this theory is a bit of a stretch, and I'm more likely to believe that the Temple will be built in a different location than not built at all. Even then, I think the Dome is going to get destroyed early on, likely during the Magog Invasion.
I saw a documentary saying that the actual location of the temples is somewhere else...that the wailing wall is not part of the last temple because Jesus stated that not one stone of it will be left on another. Very interesting!

Jojo4124

In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination
that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Wow! Ty for this! So interesting!!

Jaybird

I read a book a few years ago. In the book it tries to trace where the Ark was moved after the destruction of the Temple. He has some very convincing evidence that the Ark is currently in the possession of Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion in Axum, Ethiopia. There is some folklore in Ethiopia connecting the Queen of Sheba to King David. The book is very interesting, but you can do a search online about the church. I also recently read an article that the Vatican in Rome may be secretly hiding some relics from the original Temple before it was destroyed. If I remember correctly a Jewish man befriended a clergyman who worked in the Vatican and showed him the secret chamber where the relics are stored in the early 1900's. The Jewish man may have been a rabbi, but I am not sure of the details. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Vatican obtained these relics during the one of the Crusades. Perhaps they will give these relics back to Israel when they rebuild the Temple as a sign of "peace" with Israel. Go to the "Temple Institute of Jerusalem" website (templeinstitute.org) in Israel and you can see what preparations they are making to rebuild the Temple. You can even make a donation to the project! They have an FAQ and you can tour an electronic rendition of the Temple. They are ready to go and are just waiting for the right time to build it.

Jojo4124

I read a book a few years ago. In the book it tries to trace where the Ark was moved after the destruction of the Temple. He has some very convincing evidence that the Ark is currently in the possession of Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion in Axum, Ethiopia. There is some folklore in Ethiopia connecting the Queen of Sheba to King David. The book is very interesting, but you can do a search online about the church. I also recently read an article that the Vatican in Rome may be secretly hiding some relics from the original Temple before it was destroyed. If I remember correctly a Jewish man befriended a clergyman who worked in the Vatican and showed him the secret chamber where the relics are stored in the early 1900's. The Jewish man may have been a rabbi, but I am not sure of the details. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Vatican obtained these relics during the one of the Crusades. Perhaps they will give these relics back to Israel when they rebuild the Temple as a sign of "peace" with Israel. Go to the "Temple Institute of Jerusalem" website (templeinstitute.org) in Israel and you can see what preparations they are making to rebuild the Temple. You can even make a donation to the project! They have an FAQ and you can tour an electronic rendition of the Temple. They are ready to go and are just waiting for the right time to build it.
Ty for sharing this! I will look those books up...it's fascinating!

I heard about the Vatican housing the items too. It's neat to see that the Temple Institute ppl are meticulously remaking the items for the temple and priestly garments!

It is neat to see their model of the temple...how big it must have been. I like to picture Jesus teaching there...

And don't a lot of temple items point to Jesus? Like the Mercy Seat and the show bread...I love the Jewish faith...Jesus was Jewish and knew all these things. To me, learning about Jewish holidays and ways makes me feel like I understand Jesus and the disciples culture more.

I pray for the peace of Israelites and that they know Jesus as Savior!!

SkyRider

Why, you are right! And I have been there! Lol! It was genuinely impressive, well done though...and gave much to ponder.
Yeah I guess Noah must have punched in the wrong coordinates into his GPS navigator and wound up in the future Bluegrass State.

And…just heard this - the Ark Repo boys of the Discovery Channel are trying to figure out a way to get the craft back to the Mt. Ararat Holding Co. in Turkey.

Hidden

I think it will happen during the Trib, and the longing to build it will happen after the Ezekiel 38 -39 devastation. We are told in those verses that it will become obvious that the Lord only has saved them during this invasion, and I think the spiritual reawakening of Israel will occur after this event. They will know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has delivered them in a mighty way and the scales covering their blindness will come off.

I think so too, because the temple is strongly tied with the 70 weeks of Daniel timeline. Daniel 9:26 says that the Messiah will be cut off and the people of the place where the AC comes from shall destroy the sanctuary. And then in the next verse we see the AC confirming a covenant which very likely has something to do with the sanctuary. Then fastforward 3.5 years later the AC breaks the covenant and puts an end to sacrifice and offering.

What's missing in these verses is the period of the 7 Churches, which indicates that we won't be here when the AC confirms that covenant and allows the rebuilding of the trib temple.

daygo

Why can't Israel build another Temple now near the old site? Does it have to be constructed exactly where the dome sits? Why can't/don't the Jews perform animal sacrifices now? These are areas I have never done any study.
As far as I know the dome is where the gentile will be, they are doing animal sacrifices albeit rarely if you go over to templeinstitute.org you will read up on everything they are doing, even a video of third temple and what it'll look like, and notes on every utensil that'll be used in the temple absolutely fascinating.

athenasius

Why can't Israel build another Temple now near the old site? Does it have to be constructed exactly where the dome sits? Why can't/don't the Jews perform animal sacrifices now? These are areas I have never done any study.
The site of the original is important, it was bought by King David, that threshing floor. The muslim invaders to the Holy land made sure to put their building on the exact sites to prevent any future king of Israel or Messiah figure coming in again. The Satanic inspiration behind that is simply to usurp what is God's. It is also why that gate (forget the name for the moment) was bricked up by one of the muslim sultans and he even put a cemetery in front so no Jewish Messiah could come in via that gate, defiling himself along the way to the gate by passing thru a field of dead bodies.

The Jews do perform practice animal sacrifices but they aren't considered proper until they can be done in the Temple in the prescribed manner.

Lovin Jesus

The site of the original is important, it was bought by King David, that threshing floor. The muslim invaders to the Holy land made sure to put their building on the exact sites to prevent any future king of Israel or Messiah figure coming in again. The Satanic inspiration behind that is simply to usurp what is God's. It is also why that gate (forget the name for the moment) was bricked up by one of the muslim sultans and he even put a cemetery in front so no Jewish Messiah could come in via that gate, defiling himself along the way to the gate by passing thru a field of dead bodies.

The Jews do perform practice animal sacrifices but they aren't considered proper until they can be done in the Temple in the prescribed manner.
[/QUO

paul289

They don't have the red hefer yet right? I think they thought they had one a couple of times but I think one died and the other turned out to be blemished
Is it important to have that red hefer?
Last I heard they don't have it yet. Each one in the past few years has had some white hairs and was considered blemished. The purpose of the red heifer is to cleanse the priests to enter into the sanctuary. If a priest touches a dead body, he is unclean until he washes himself with the ashes of the heifer. Even walking across an unmarked grave can render someone unclean, so the heifer is considered necessary. Though some scholars are arguing that during a time of emergency when sacrifices need to be made that the cleansing via the heifer isn't strictly necessary, and so they may begin sacrifices without it.

Dragontiger777

Yeah, I guess Noah must have punched in the wrong coordinates into his GPS navigator and wound up in the future Bluegrass State.

And…just heard this - the Ark Repo boys of the Discovery Channel are trying to figure out a way to get the craft back to the Mt. Ararat Holding Co. in Turkey.
Be honest that the ARK already in Heaven. Because it is holy anybody touch shall die. Also, in the Revelation 11:19

"Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm."

That mean on the Earth that does not have there the Ark of his covenant. Therefore, IT already in Heaven with God.

That is me understand. That there is no one can find where the ARK of the Covenant in somewhere on the Earth. Unless show a proof is any there real the ARK of Covenant on the Earth????

Last edited:

Carl

Yeah I guess Noah must have punched in the wrong coordinates into his GPS navigator and wound up in the future Bluegrass State.

Not necessarily! Remember at the time of the flood there was a lot of shifting of the earth's crust. So it could have moved their after landing.

athenasius

They don't have the red hefer yet right? I think they thought they had one a couple of times but I think one died and the other turned out to be blemished
Is it important to have that red hefer?
Paul explained it. It's really necessary by their thinking to cleanse the new Temple and the articles used as well as the priests and especially the High Priest.

Rose you'll get a chuckle, I love tracking the news of the red heifers every year, and some years the way they disqualified is HILARIOUS! So they had one, she was lookin' GOOOOOD like PERFECT and we had a couple of happy news reports out of Israel that the rabbis were all excited. It was up on RR as it often is. Everyone was holding their breath....

They had her penned up in a special barn and a little pasture, all fenced in so nobody and nothing could damage her perfection. Guarded ever so carefully.

Till she was found to be pregnant!!!

Shock and dismay!!! NOBODY could figure out HOW a bull got in because it was "impossible".

Well you know what the Bible says about impossible things and God.

Anyway, they tried to figure it out, gave up and figured that God must have allowed it, but they still couldn't explain that one.

They sounded so dejected.

But you got to hand it to them for perserverence, no matter what happens, they keep trying. They always have several candidates in the process at any time. It's just that God keeps getting in their way.