Thinking about current events and how some believers are questioning them

Lovin Jesus

I firmly believe in a pre tribulation rapture. So many verses in scripture support this. In understanding the prophecies of end times, end of the church age and actual tribulation events, I haven’t been concerned whether I understand scripture as I trust the Holy Spirit who reveals understanding to us as believers. But recently I’ve noticed some believers have taken current events and have compared them to the broken seven seals and judgements of Revelation. I know many look at Matthew 24 Olivet Discourse as addressed specifically to the tribulation period. I agree, but in some ways I’ve seen it to also refer to the church for the end times birth pains coming in a convergence just as we’ve been witnessing before our eyes. My belief that it has to refer to more than just the tribulation comes from how it begins, the prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem which occurred in 70 AD. Obviously not tribulation period. Also, as I said, we are actually seeing a convergence of birth pains in the world events today and how they are increasing in intensity and frequency. For the most part this addresses the tribulation but I’m sure what we are seeing now are the signs of birth pains leading to the tribulation. The reason I bring this up is it concerns me that some have had doubt about whether the tribulation has started because of how bad it’s gotten and because of the similarities in what’s happening with the events in the Revelation prophecies. I don’t believe this is the tribulation. As bad as it’s gotten and I know it will only get worse every day, I think this is a preview of what is coming at a greater scale. Jesus said that time will be so bad that if not cut short no one would live. We aren’t near that right now. I think of the word rapture in Greek. Harpazo. Meaning to snatch away, as if from danger. I think just before we are snatched away the world will be at a dangerous point that we will be taken from the earth so as to not go through it. More than ever we need to trust God and believe it’s impossible for him to lie and every word that goes from his mouth will not return empty. He is faithful and if he has always kept his word and gave us examples of saving his Children who love him at times of calamity in the Bible, then we can be sure he will do it again. I pray that anyone having doubt about Jesus words at Revelation 3:10 that he will keep us from the hour of trial to pray, and not stop praying so God can give them reassurance that there’s no reason to doubt him. He loves us aand all we need to do is TRUST Him

Last edited:

cheeky200386

Even though evil is growing rampant, I just don't see things as so bad it must be the Tribulation. I picture that to be a global thing and as a Christian in the USA we still have it pretty good. I'm not in fear of my life for my faith like others around the world are.

I don't see the astronomical and global catastrophes as described in Revelation. This Covid is crappy but nowhere near as awful as the coming Famine, War, Death in the seals. The most I've been inconvenienced with this pandemic is that I have to wear a mask and can't do some things I used to.

It makes me wonder what these people are seeing that I'm missing for them to think we're in the Tribulation.

Lovin Jesus

Even though evil is growing rampant, I just don't see things as so bad it must be the Tribulation. I picture that to be a global thing and as a Christian in the USA we still have it pretty good. I'm not in fear of my life for my faith like others around the world are.

I don't see the astronomical catastrophe and global catastrophe as described in Revelation. This Covid is crappy but nowhere near as awful as the coming Famine, War, Death in the seals. The most I've been inconvenienced with this pandemic is that I have to wear a mask and can't do some things I used to.

It makes me wonder what these people are seeing that I'm missing for them to think we're in the Tribulation.
Absolutely. I think what has many anxious is what we are seeing and hearing in the media, but most of us though going through trials of our own, aren’t going through some of the things we see and hear in the media in other places. It’s pretty bad but not tribulation bad. I’m sure of it

cheeky200386

Absolutely. I think what has many anxious is what we are seeing and hearing in the media, but most of us though going through trials of our own, aren’t going through some of the things we see and hear in the media in other places. It’s pretty bad but not tribulation bad. I’m sure of it

That's a good point. I do feel a heaviness when I read too much news. When I unplug and spend time with loved ones and God, I can't help but notice my blessings. I do feel for those that are suffering around the world. Our brothers and sisters being jailed, tortured, raped, and killed. I can't imagine what they think about the Tribulation and the rapture.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
The enemy is looking to divide and conquer. He spreads misinformation and confusion in order to divide us. Look at the media, the bias and manipulation is so extreme that the average person does not know what to believe. Christians and churches are being divided and attacked too. I heard on the radio the other day that 1 in 5 churches will be closing and that number will continue to grow as people are growing more complacent about being at home.

As to the OP - I don't see how we could be living in the tribulation when I can still go out to dinner, buy a steak at the grocery store, literally order anything off of Amazon and have it delivered tomorrow, gas up for a little over $2 a gallon, go to the doctor and have no wait, as well as a list of many other things.

I have a very hard time believing we would be able to do just one of these things during the tribulation, much less all of them.

You are right, we need to have faith. Just another birth pang...

"Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" [Luke 18:8 NKJV]

Last edited:

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Preview is the right word IMO ....

Yup this definitely ain't the Tribulation but I reckon is a wake up call to the Church to the lateness of the hour and a call to people to come to Christ pre rapture ....am sure there are amazing testimonies of salvation through covid. ...

It's so important for folks to see the picture of what the Bible teaches re end time prophecy ....pre trib rapture first THEN 70th week of Daniel. ...

Sadly folks in many purpose driven buildings are taught that it's "none of our business when Jesus returns" ....

Others are taught replacement theology and stuff that's meant for Israel is applied to the Church!

Yup folks have had false teaching re eschatology and that's why some may think we are in the Trib now ...they don't realise the Restrainer has to be removed (and hence the church) first ....

Still others fall into post trib or pre wrath or whatever through the MacDonald/Darby nonsense ....

So very very sad where pastors refuse to teach Revelation etc ....so sad also where seminaries go apostate and so pastors graduate without sound teaching themselves. ....

Many of course are also being taught "we are in the kingdom now" and "it's the church's job to transform culture and change the world" (oh no it isn't! )...behind this being the false teaching of a "better and better world" which is quite frankly, barmy - and fits in with both Agenda 2030 and new age "of Aquarius". The Bible doesn't teach a better and better world - only increasing deception and that the Lord Jesus is the One who will bring about true peace and righteousness at his return!

What I would say to the Kingdom Now folks is - do you really think satan is bound and we are living in Kingdom conditions? As Tommy Ice would say "if this is the kingdom I'm living in the ghetto section!"

Many follow YT "prophets" who reckon "God told me to tell you the first seal was broken in such a date bla bla bla" ...smh ....

Even yesterday was pondering on that verse re Philadelphia - that little strength to keep His word and not deny His name... those are surely the times we are in now where the world is so increasingly evil it really is simply holding fast each day. ...as the Day draws ever nearer.

To me it's the vile things aimed at the poor children ....God the Father sees everything and there will be a point when He says -enough!!!!

Last edited:

Jeri minton

I believe we sure are in troubling times and as I sometimes try to assess the climate around me I come back to the basics. When I look around the US I see that about 25% of the people are far Left radicals and maybe another 25 to 35% are ignorant of any true Biblical insight. .the other 45 to 55% have a degree of false teaching mixed with sound Biblical knowledge..but still the percentages probably don't quite add up to The Days of Noah...and I also see how quickly things can change, for instance, it seems to me that it could only take one Democrat President to be elected to totally destroy our country...just one of them would move so fast to turn over our sovereignty to the UN, then our constitution would be completely wiped out and we would have no rights at all..I think about these things because of my advanced age and know that I may even check out of this world before the Rapture, and that's ok, but for all of you younger people I hope that you get to have that thrilling experience of the Rapture.. and who knows, maybe I will too.

Andy C

I don't see the astronomical and global catastrophes as described in Revelation. This Covid is crappy but nowhere near as awful as the coming Famine, War, Death in the seals. The most I've been inconvenienced with this pandemic is that I have to wear a mask and can't do some things I used to.

I agree, and I have not read or heard anyone state they think we are in the tribulation - all though Im sure they’re out there.

We are nowhere near experiencing the severe judgements that will strike those left behind.

Andy C

Yesterday, I went to our streets mailbox center to pick up our mail. There is a widow who lives in the house by the mailbox and she was on her porch. I said hello, and one comment she made lead to me mentioning the church, and from that point we had a good 20 minute discussion on end times. She was well informed, solid views, and it was a nice surprise to find a neighbor who was so well versed in eschatology. She is a little older than me (I think) and I asked my wife if she would go over to her house this week and set up a home bible study with her. The woman looked lonely, and I think my wife and her would be great for each other.

Many churches only teach Christian lite, and hardly ever teach about the end times. But like my neighbor, many are out there that study on their own, and are possibly looking for fellowship away from these churches.

Last edited:

fl2007rn

Yesterday, I went to our streets mailbox center to pick up our mail. There is a widow who lives in the house by the mailbox and she was on her porch. I said hello, and one comment she made lead to me mentioning the church, and from that point we had a good 20 minute discussion on end times. She was well informed, solid views, and it was a nice surprise to find a neighbor who was so well versed in eschatology. She is a little older than me (I think) and I asked my wife if she would go over to her house this week and set up a home bible study with her. The woman looked lonely, and I think my wife and her would be great for each other.

Many churches only teach Christian lite, and hardly ever teach about the end times. But like my neighbor, many are out there that study on their own, and are possibly looking for fellowship away these churches.
That is awesome that you have a neighbor who is a believer and has her eyes open to the end times and the rapture. My next door neighbor is saved and informed too, and I am saddened that he is moving! I hated it when he put the "for sale" sign in his yard because the odds are that I will get a non-believer moving in. Sigh.

Lovin Jesus

I agree, and I have not read or heard anyone state they think we are in the tribulation - all though Im sure they’re out there.

We are nowhere near experiencing the severe judgements that will strike those left behind.
I saw a few posts here, in particular in the rapture, end times thread where the word tribulation is not used but there is comparing something happening now to “ the pale horse”, or the “ white horse from seal one”, and other examples. There hasn’t been a specific statement saying they believe we are in the tribulation, but some posts seem to infer a comparison to current events with tribulation events. I’m just concerned that fear, anxiety from what is seen or heard on the media reporting is causing some to doubt whether we are going though the beginning of the tribulation already. I think this is something that some believers may be wrestling with as the things happening or that we are going through personally has become so great that it’s bring thoughts with some doubt about where we are in the end times. Once wouldn’t have concerned me but a few times different ones commented things implying the “ question” of what’s happening right now being tied to the Revelation events. I Felt a need to bring it up to encourage any who may be feeling that way to ease their minds and those who feel that way and may not be voicing it. This post is for encouragement and reassurance that Gods word is reliable and He is faithful in everything he says. The church is protected from the tribulation,

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Thessalonians 5:9

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
Revelation 3:10

cheeky200386

I also think many of those that believe we are seeing the 4 horsemen do not know their Bible well. A new believer in Christ at my church had been texting me videos saying we're in the Tribulation, the vaccine is the Mark. I kept pointing her to Revelation 13 and Daniel for am idea of what has to take place way before the Mark.

She kept getting confused with videos online that I just told her to stop with the videos, read the Bible verses about those issues, and then get back to me. It was getting annoying. Eventually when she took my advice she realized those videos were in error and her fear and anxiety significantly lessened.

Youtube can be dangerous if one doesn't have discernment from the Bible.

Lovin Jesus

I also think many of those that believe we are seeing the 4 horsemen do not know their Bible well. A new believer in Christ at my church had been texting me videos saying we're in the Tribulation, the vaccine is the Mark. I kept pointing her to Revelation 13 and Daniel for am idea of what has to take place way before the Mark.

She kept getting confused with videos online that I just told her to stop with the videos, read the Bible verses about those issues, and then get back to me. It was getting annoying. Eventually when she took my advice she realized those videos were in error and her fear and anxiety significantly lessened.

Youtube can be dangerous if one doesn't have discernment from the Bible.
I used to find myself very “ fixed” on the news. Had tv on 24/7 literally for fear I’d miss something significant to the prophecies. I would get so anxious and though I thought more about the rapture than the tribulation I still noticed a feeling of anxiety in me with what I would hear and see on the media. I feel that giving my mind a rest from so much negative news helped me focus more on God and his promises for us. I find it much more satisfying to post on encouragement and uplifting words that come from God and my heart out of love for others rather than put too much effort in focusing mostly on the bad things happening. They are there, and nothing we can do about but we can pray for unbelievers in this short time of grace left. I will still put on the news but it pretty much is just that, on. I don’t really pay attention or fixate on it anymore and surely I’m less anxious now and feel secure in knowing Jesus gave us a deposit to secure our hope for when he comes for us to take us to be with him forever. I’m sure quite a few believers don’t know how to fit the pieces of the end times prophecy puzzle but I believe all of us have understanding by listening to what the Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit. Paul speaks about us being in a race to the finish line and that there will be obstacles in the way but it’s important to keep our eyes on the prize, keep focused on Jesus, so we can win the race. We will win it but it’s so much better to get there with less obstacles if we can help it. One obstacle can be spending too much time on things that are not up building and leaving ourselves open to taking in information that can be harmful to us. News is not a bad thing to watch but balance is necessary always keeping things of God first. If watching too much news makes us anxious about current events and causes us to question whether we have entered the tribulation then I think it’s time to cut back on time spent taking in too much negativity

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm glad we made it! I even found a stash and gave it to my brother for his March birthday gift. It was like gold then. Hahahaha

I have a large home with lots of storage space. Quite a while ago the commissary had a super sale on toilet paper. I bought a lot and stored it. I've not needed to purchase any since before COVID came along. It was nice having plenty... like having money in the bank and not having to worry about it. Up here we don't have any plants with leaves that are big enough to double as TP...

I wish I'd had a stash of the hand soap that I like... Wal*Mart hasn't had any since early in the years when their shelves went bare when the COVID scare first hit.

Twalle

I used to find myself very “ fixed” on the news. Had tv on 24/7 literally for fear I’d miss something significant to the prophecies. I would get so anxious and though I thought more about the rapture than the tribulation I still noticed a feeling of anxiety in me with what I would hear and see on the media. I feel that giving my mind a rest from so much negative news helped me focus more on God and his promises for us. I find it much more satisfying to post on encouragement and uplifting words that come from God and my heart out of love for others rather than put too much effort in focusing mostly on the bad things happening. They are there, and nothing we can do about but we can pray for unbelievers in this short time of grace left. I will still put on the news but it pretty much is just that, on. I don’t really pay attention or fixate on it anymore and surely I’m less anxious now and feel secure in knowing Jesus gave us a deposit to secure our hope for when he comes for us to take us to be with him forever. I’m sure quite a few believers don’t know how to fit the pieces of the end times prophecy puzzle but I believe all of us have understanding by listening to what the Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit. Paul speaks about us being in a race to the finish line and that there will be obstacles in the way but it’s important to keep our eyes on the prize, keep focused on Jesus, so we can win the race. We will win it but it’s so much better to get there with less obstacles if we can help it. One obstacle can be spending too much time on things that are not up building and leaving ourselves open to taking in information that can be harmful to us. News is not a bad thing to watch but balance is necessary always keeping things of God first. If watching too much news makes us anxious about current events and causes us to question whether we have entered the tribulation then I think it’s time to cut back on time spent taking in too much negativity
I too used to watch the news without fail. After 911, you couldn't tear me away from the TV. Two nights ago I made the decision to stop watching National News. I do watch local to keep up with what is going on in my neck of the woods. The national news is misleading and so depressing and sad to watch. I just can't handle it any longer. I am very glad to see that Lovin Jesus is posting how she feels and what her fears are. She is using sound doctrine to back it up. Good for her!! You are not alone Lovin Jesus!! I have told people I used to go to church with, that what we are seeing now, the horrible condition of this world, is nothing compared to what is coming. Many of them would give me a 'deer in the headlights look.' I said so yesterday on another post that discernment is critical now, but not all of us have that gift from the Holy Spirit. That is why the posts from Lovin Jesus are so important. She has the gift of discernment. All of us are to use our gifts to help others and she is doing so. Bless Lovin Jesus!!

Lovin Jesus

I too used to watch the news without fail. After 911, you couldn't tear me away from the TV. Two nights ago I made the decision to stop watching National News. I do watch local to keep up with what is going on in my neck of the woods. The national news is misleading and so depressing and sad to watch. I just can't handle it any longer. I am very glad to see that Lovin Jesus is posting how she feels and what her fears are. She is using sound doctrine to back it up. Good for her!! You are not alone Lovin Jesus!! I have told people I used to go to church with, that what we are seeing now, the horrible condition of this world, is nothing compared to what is coming. Many of them would give me a 'deer in the headlights look.' I said so yesterday on another post that discernment is critical now, but not all of us have that gift from the Holy Spirit. That is why the posts from Lovin Jesus are so important. She has the gift of discernment. All of us are to use our gifts to help others and she is doing so. Bless Lovin Jesus!!
I pray you continue to trust in God and with your faith to be able to encourage others who may not know the peace we have in our faith in God.
About your comment about my discernment being a gift to me. Thank you but, I believe it’s a gift to all believers. If we have the Holy Spirit within us, all we have to do is pray for his guidance and understanding and he gives it to us but it goes with taking in Gods word and receiving the knowledge of God.

Any believer who is saved has the Holy Spirit within them. Any of us who want Gods wisdom and understanding of his word only have to ask him. King Solomon didn’t have the Holy Spirit within him as the church does but upon his asking God for wisdom it was given to him

“And God said to him, “Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right“,
1 Kings 3:11

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
James 1:5

As believers having the Holy Spirit within us gives us understanding of Gods word the more we take in knowledge from his word and pray for understanding and we receive it because of our desire to understand as we are children of God
Romans 8:16
“The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,”

Taking in Gods word takes time and desire to learn. The more we spend time in Gods word the more our knowledge becomes discernment, that comes from the Holy Spirit.

“But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.“
Hebrews 5:14

Any believer who “ listens” to the Holy Spirit speak to them will receive discernment through Spiritual communication with the a Spirit. Praying for The Holy Spirits guidance will be answered according to Gods will and purpose

“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.“
John 16:13

Anything pertains to the things written in the Bible or in our decision making when brought to the Holy Spirit he will guide us and help us understand Gods word to help us make good decisions and to understand questions we may have about bible prophecy and day to day life.

“But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.“

What I’m saying is that through the Holy Spirit each believer is given a gift or gifts but every believer is given discernment in spending time in scripture and asking for understanding through the Holy Spirit

“Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.“
Romans 12:6-8

Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
John 14:14

Blessings with love in Jesus

Last edited:

cheeky200386

I have a large home with lots of storage space. Quite a while ago the commissary had a super sale on toilet paper. I bought a lot and stored it. I've not needed to purchase any since before COVID came along. It was nice having plenty... like having money in the bank and not having to worry about it. Up here we don't have any plants with leaves that are big enough to double as TP...

I wish I'd had a stash of the hand soap that I like... Wal*Mart hasn't had any since early in the years when their shelves went bare when the COVID scare first hit.

I just laughed where you talked about leaves being too small for TP. Lol Time to pull out cloth wipes.