Things the NFL Needs to Change

usoutpost31

It is said that the advertising slots at the two minute warning are among the most lucrative in a football telecast. TV timeouts are not going anywhere, they're too valuable.

NFL has done the "legislate player celebrations" before, nobody liked it. One player about ten years ago scored a TD and then dropped to his knees in prayer in the end zone. They threw a flag on him for that.

I usually don't use the colloquial "No Fun League", but if the NFL did ban all player celebrations, it would be appropriate.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
It is said that the advertising slots at the two minute warning are among the most lucrative in a football telecast. TV timeouts are not going anywhere, they're too valuable.

NFL has done the "legislate player celebrations" before, nobody liked it. One player about ten years ago scored a TD and then dropped to his knees in prayer in the end zone. They threw a flag on him for that.

I usually don't use the colloquial "No Fun League", but if the NFL did ban all player celebrations, it would be appropriate.
The constant stoppages is a bit of a downer , especially when play is about to form and they call a timeout and you have to sit through another 6-7 ads before you return to play again

Andy C

The constant stoppages is a bit of a downer , especially when play is about to form and they call a timeout and you have to sit through another 6-7 ads before you return to play again
When I was a kid watching football on TV, when my mom told me to do chores, it didnt take her long to figure out that when I said “only two minutes left in the game”, it was really a whole lot longer.:)