Theological Seminary students confess climate sins to plants

endofdays

Theological Seminary students confess climate sins to plants
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-theological-seminary-students-pray-to-plants
Students at Union Theological Seminary prayed to a display of plants set up in the chapel of the school, prompting the institution to issue a statement explaining the practice as many on social media mocked them.

"Today in chapel, we confessed to plants," the nation's oldest independent seminary declared Tuesday on Twitter. "Together, we held our grief, joy, regret, hope, guilt and sorrow in prayer; offering them to the beings who sustain us but whose gift we too often fail to honor. What do you confess to the plants in your life?"

antitox

First they were screaming at the sky. Now they are confessing their sins to greenery. I could never go out in public and do something so dumb. That kind of thing qualifies you for the insane asylum. We are living in "Days of Insanity" or "Chocolate Sky." None of it makes sense at all. I agree with others who have said that the failed educational system and parents who aren't working with their children is allowing this to happen. If I was a parent of a kid that was following all this stuff I would sit him down and ask him if he still wants his college paid for; and I would tell him it's all going away if he doesn't get a grip on himself.

athenasius

I'm sure the current Pope will be happy to provide a prayer book and a ritual to accompany the new plant aware believers in mother earth! He just installed a blasphemous Amazonian idol representing that "deity" on the grounds of the Vatican, right nice and handy for that very green conscious prelate to prostrate his popliness --in front of her whenever he is feeling particularly worshipful. Or in case he is feeling particularly guilty of sinning against "mother earth" as he zips around the globe unloading carbon emissions out of the back end of his jet.