Theft Is Out of Control

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Theft Is Out of Control
By Todd Strandberg

Stores across the U.S. are grappling with a huge uptick in shoplifting that could lead to higher prices and closed stores if the problem persists, said Walmart CEO Doug McMillon. Most of the shoplifting is organized retail theft rather than petty theft. Most of the products targeted have a high resale value.

Walmart is having to lock up a growing number of items that used to sit openly on shelves. In the store in my town, I’ve noticed a growing number of cameras from various allies. The first camera I noticed was in the baby food section. I couldn’t understand why people would steal this product, but Infinity formula sells well on ebay.com.

Walmart isn’t the only big box retailer dealing with an uptick in theft. Last month, Target Chief Financial Officer Michael Fiddelke said shoplifting has jumped about 50% year over year, leading to more than $400 million in losses in this fiscal year alone.

Many drugstore chains have had to cut their losses by closing hundreds of stores. Rite Aid is planning on closing 97 stores. The firm’s executive vice president of retail, Andre Persaud, said the day may come when all Rite Aid stores will be like a big vending machine with everything behind plexiglass to slow down thefts.

One woman who owned a high-end clothing store had to close her Business after it was broken into 17 times. Burglaries in St. Louis went door-to-door breaking into nearly two dozen businesses. DB’s Sports Bar owner Justin Gibson said this is the fourth time DB’s has been broken into this year.

“You’re taking food out of our mouths,” Gibson said. “It’s already hard times with inflation, and now we’re having to make these repairs constantly and hire extra security. We’re stretched very, very thin.”

Package theft in some areas is so bad that people can’t have packages delivered to their homes. I’m lucky to live in an area where I’ve never had something stolen from my doorstep. I recently watched a video where a guy did a funny prank on these thieves. He had a package next to his home on a long wire. When several thieves grabbed the box, he would chase after them, and they would be knocked to the ground when the length of the wire ran out.

The liberal media, always ready to defend criminals, said that soaring inflation is what triggers the crime wave. Richard Rosenfeld, a professor of criminology at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, told Insider that property crime would jump this year as rising prices push consumers into the black market.

The real problem is that many people have become extremely evil. They think they are entitled to take stuff that they didn’t purchase. One guy at Home Depot loaded up a cart with three power washers and began walking out the door with them. When an 80-year-old employee tried to confront him, he just pushed him into a wall, which led to the worker’s death.

A huge factor that is embodying thieves is the meltdown of our legal system. San Francisco encouraged theft by only having criminal prosecution of people who steal items worth my than $900. So people boldly walk into a Walgreens, load their bags with items worth less than the new limit, and walk out of the store. One woman was robbed by a man who had been arrested 50 times in recent years. Another woman was brutally beaten over her purse. The man who attacked her was arrested and only given a $500 bail.

I once watched a video of a man in Singapore demonstrating how much crime is related to culture. He was in a cafe and left his laptop on the table and went around a mall for about half an hour. When he came back, the laptop was still there. Crime is very low in Singapore because people are taught it’s wrong.

Fear can also be a motivator of morality. If you go to a gold jewelry shop in Saudi Arabia, the dealers will let you handle all the gold products. It’s well understood that if you get caught trying to steal from the shop, they’ll cut your head off.

The extreme criminal nature of American society is a strong indication that our nation is doomed. Unless we return to our moral foundation, we will die like a hundred other empires that lost their soul.

“Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls” (James 1:21).

– Todd

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/theft-is-out-of-control/

penbrat

It's all falling into place. It's ugly, we don't want it, but it's happening. The result will be the best thing that ever happened to some us.
Even so, Lord Jesus, come.
Exactly. I don't know how much longer until the Rapture but the last 2 1/2 years have been warp speed. We are seeing things that I thought we would never be here to see. Still, I cling to His promises and believe He will call us Home sooner rather than later.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I can see how closed stores will funnel more online shopping, setting up that future system for the buying and selling connected with the mark of the beast in Revelation:

He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

Revelation 13:16-17

cheeky200386

I can see how closed stores will funnel more online shopping, setting up that future system for the buying and selling connected with the mark of the beast in Revelation:

He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

Revelation 13:16-17
I never made that connection before. That's brilliant. An easy way to remove cash out of the equation if it's all online shopping anyways.

Our local Walmart should be renamed Surveillance Mart. You cannot walk anywhere in the store where there is not a HD facial recognition camera with flash repeatedly taking your picture and posting it on Jumbotron tvs.

We live in a small rural community, there is no way theft is that bad here. There might be three cashiers open out of 24. Everything else is self checkout. Those checkouts are surrounded by cameras and tvs.

I only go there for items I really need. I no longer shop there. The prison I worked in didn’t have that many cameras.

kathymendel

We have major front porch theft issues here where we live. What I can't understand is why, when Fedex or UPS makes a delivery to one's front porch, they leave it at the front of the porch, instead of placing it closer to the door itself, where it is less obviously seen from the street. AND,
why won't they take one extra second to ring the doorbell???????????? That alone would cut the theft numbers by a lot. Why are tese companies not training their employees to take these steps????????

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
We have major front porch theft issues here where we live. What I can't understand is why, when Fedex or UPS makes a delivery to one's front porch, they leave it at the front of the porch, instead of placing it closer to the door itself, where it is less obviously seen from the street. AND,
why won't they take one extra second to ring the doorbell???????????? That alone would cut the theft numbers by a lot. Why are tese companies not training their employees to take these steps????????
I read an article a couple of months ago , that in Baltimore (mainly suburbs) there were a rash of thefts involving people stealing the ring/ door cam. off peoples doors.
Also people will follow Amazon and Fed Ex drivers around scoping out a potential score.
They call them porch pirates.
If only they knew , thieves have holes in their pockets.

Last edited:

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
So far theft is cheaper than countermeasures. Jail time is expensive especially with a labor shortage to guard them.
Follow the $$s.

There is also a mentality that the world has cheated us so much that we deserve whatever we take. Lies are so destructive, no wonder satan is called a murderer.

We might excuse some of the theft if it wee simply for bread and a coat. But there are so many willing to help that even that theft is meaningless.
So much is stolen for drugs and the thief's gratification. Baby formula has been locked up for a while as its cutting material [dilutes] for illegal drug production. And the recent shortage make the problem worse for everyone but the nursing coaches - hey let's do it the way our ancestors did...

Not only do home deliveries have a theft issue but even US Postal materials are stolen right out of mailboxes so that elaborate thieves can laser off names on checks and add their own alias to cash and disappear.

All of this just reinforces the Scriptures: Man's heart is wicked. Left to our own, there is no limit. We indeed need a new heart - a new life.

For many the threat of hell is a motivator. It worked for Christian. His wife was moved in her own way.
It would be incredible if we responded to Christ's love and merciful call, but many are so lost in themselves they need the AED shock.

The unsaved need to know, there is punishment for criminals. There is recompense for evil.

But as Christians have learned: There is none righteous, no, not one.
We all deserve punishment.

And the crime is rejection of God. His person, His Word, even His offer of help. The other evil we do just adds to the insult to a Holy God.

But we can go to this Judge an ask for mercy. We can place ourselves in His care, learn just how much He does love us, and be freed from this curse.
It may take time to unlearn all the garbage we have stuffed in our heads. It may take some trials to purge and heal us.
But we can trust a faithful Savior who went all the way to a cross, obediently, on our behalf.

Look around. The world is decomposing all around us. Today may be your only day to receive Christ.
Some of us need to inventory our lives and get then re-oriented. Do not wait and lose the blessings.

Some of us just need to get through one more day. But Rejoice and again I say Rejoice. We have the Eternal Hope in Jesus!

RedRx

My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them. If they say, “Come along with us; let’s lie in wait for innocent blood, let’s ambush some harmless soul; let’s swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit; we will get all sorts of valuable things and fill our houses with plunder; cast lots with us; we will all share the loot”—my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths; for their feet rush into evil, they are swift to shed blood. How useless to spread a net where every bird can see it! These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves! Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it. Proverbs 1:10-19

NewWine2020

As someone with a years experience in doing food delivery I can answer the question re; why they don't ring/knock.

A SURPRISING number of people I delivered food to would get really, uncharacteristically bent out of shape angry if you ring or knock on their door (even though you're delivering 1. Something THEY ordered and 2. something they KNOW is on the way to them and they have the ability to track where the courier is every step of the way.)

I think it owes to a lot of people working from home now but still, some peeps act like you causing their dogs to bark is a major act of disrespect to them and they will take their passive aggression against the world out on you in your ratings. It's sad and pathetic.

I leaned fast to never knock or ring unless explicitly instructed to. I was a food delivery Ninja. :)

This could be easily resolved if the major package carriers had a space in their order template which could be as simple as 'Do you want your driver to 1. Ring 2. Knock or 3. Neither. They may already, I'm just one of those people who does not care one way or the other.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
AND,
There is likely a high turnover in employees and very little time is invested in training someone when they're short timer. We live on a farm and no one comes up our country lane toward our house unless they have a good reason. My dh has a sign up that says, "Due to the rising cost of ammunition, don't expect a warning shot." He means it more as a good humor sign for people to read & laugh. Still though, most thieves leave country folks alone due to security measures in place. :wolf 'nuff said.

mphsmom

I remember a time when UPS and FedEx would ring your door bell and actually wait for you to answer it and hand you your package. Now I am lucky if they even get the right house.

My husband is trying to sell a snow blower, and he put it near the street with a sign and chained it to the pole with a really thick link chain. Not more than an hour went buy when he looked out the window and saw somebody had backed up and was trying to cut the chain to steal it. I use to feel safe here. I haven't for a long time.

Back