The Worst O-limp-ics Ever

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The Worst O-limp-ics Ever
“Woker, Weaker, Loser.”
By Michelle Malkin

Never have so many won so many accolades for so few real achievements on the world stage. That about sums up the Olympics 2021 — or, as I call them, the O-limp-ics 2021. Indeed, the time has come to retire the hallowed motto of the Games: “Faster, Higher, Stronger.”

In our modern age, it’s: “Woker, Weaker, Loser.”

Take Megan Rapinoe — please. The infamously pink-purple-haired captain of the U.S. women’s soccer team teared up after America’s 1-0 loss to Canada, which hadn’t beaten the U.S. since 2001. “This sucks,” she lamented in a post-defeat TV interview on USA Network. “It sucks.” With a runny nose and watery eyes leaking, she complained: “I don’t think I’ve ever lost to Canada, so it’s a bitter one.”

Well, she is certainly a bitter one, ain’t she? Perhaps if Moany Megan had spent more time running drills on the field instead of running her mouth about Black Lives Matter or gender politics or her hatred for former President Donald Trump, she’d be on the gold medal stand instead of out in the cold. Good riddance.

Then there’s Laurel Hubbard, the New Zealand weightlifter hailed not for her victories but for being the “first out transgender woman to compete in the 125-year history of the Olympics.” Hubbard’s first outing consisted of failing not once, not twice, but three times to lift at 120 kilograms and 125 kilograms. Never mind. She’s already “made Olympic history” and become an “inspiration” for “young people” to “be their authentic selves.”

Three failed lifts? Woo-hoo! Bucket list items checked off! Now, Hubbard says, “it’s probably time for me to start thinking about hanging up the boots.” Talk about resting on your, um, laurels.

(Meanwhile, the actual victor and natural-born female in Hubbard’s event, China’s Li Wenwen, set three Olympic records as she won the gold medal. But, hey, who’s keeping track of the winners?)

Next up, Simone Biles: After bailing on her teammates last week and then withdrawing from the individual all-around competition as well as event finals in uneven bars, vault and floor, the acclaimed gymnast squeaked out a bronze on beam on Tuesday. She lost out to two Chinese athletes who don’t have the celebrity distractions of social media, Sports Illustrated photo shoots, and endorsement deals with Nike, Hershey’s, Kellogg’s, Visa, United Airlines, Uber Eats, Mattress Firm and Beats by Dre that Biles has racked up.

Who needs medals when you’ve got $5 million in glistening lucrative contracts hanging around your neck?

It’s getting more and more difficult not to root against American Olympians who’ve turned the medal stand into their own personal grandstands. According to The New York Times, several militant athletes have been plotting for weeks to hijack the Games. U.S. shot-putter Raven Saunders, who won a silver, told the newspaper she raised her arms and crossed them in an “X” as a predetermined symbol to represent “unity with oppressed people” and “the intersection of where all people who are oppressed meet.”

Never mind her physical accomplishments. What really matters is that the 25-year-old is taking a stand for “people who are Black, L.G.B.T.Q. and those who have struggled with mental health as she has,” the Times reported. She said she wanted “to be me, to not apologize.”

What a sorry example of Olympic competition. You’ve got one job: win. If you can’t cut it, find a different calling, and share your troubles with a therapist, not the world. Sheesh.

The bad news is there will be five more days for Saunders’ fellow co-conspirators to woke-ify the world stage. Her compatriot and victim of oppression, American fencer Race Imboden, flashed “a black X with a circle around it on his hand during the medal ceremony for the foil competition on Sunday.” American hammer thrower and tantrum thrower Gwen Berry, who turned away from the flag in June during the Olympic trials, is still set to compete; so is an American sprinter named Noah Lyles, who “often wears a black glove and raises his fist on the track before his races,” according to the Times.

The O-limp-ics 2021 are proof-positive that spoiled American athletes top the planet in self-absorption, narcissism and entitlement. Take a bow.

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/the-worst-o-limp-ics-ever/

Andy C

Minus a few woke athlete’s, this years games were outstanding. Lots of great and inspiring back stories on athletes. Competition was great, and many heavy favorites were beaten for the gold. You know its a competitive Olympics when ITALY wins the mens sprints.

USA swimmers were exceptional, as were Australias. Great rivalry in the pool.

USA Female Gymnastics won team Silver, and several other individual event medals.

Allyson Felix at age 35 won 2 more medals giving her a total of 11 career Olympic medals, making her the most decorated USA track and field athlete ever.

Womens soccer - who cares about this woke bunch.

Basketball - again, who cares.

JamesSuth

Sad to hear this. It sounds like the US team have been much more vocal in their stupidity than many this year. I've been watching 'live' (filmed live, but watched on catch up if that makes sense!) coverage on the BBC. Its just been athletics and competition and some amazing performances without all the woke agenda that I'm sure they are pushing on their edited shows that have discussion (I've actually seen one of those, and the presenters were highlighting all the usual woke nonsense of our generation - whether the athletes wanted it or not). I should also say I avoided most of the team sports were I imagine a lot of the stupidity would reach it's full potential. I don't think it was the Olympics that were particularly woke as the coverage by most western countries. Japan is still a fairly conservative country and there was quite a lot that impressed me about how they handled and presented the games. But it is a country that has failed to embrace Christ to any meaningful extent and I pray that they will come to know Christ. There will be some Japanese in Heaven, but it would be nice if there were more :pray

HisGloryIsPrecious

The Olympics have become hollow over the years. It's hard to be into it with all the turmoil in the world. Plus the fact there were no fans in the stands this year. I usually like the Olympics, but this year it was hard to care. It didn't help that the woke got all the attention. We are in the participation trophy era. Maybe they should give participation medals Make them out of scrap metal. Sorry for the negativity.

Kerbluey

I’m actually hoping Simone Biles is gone for good. She’s an awesome athlete and amazing to watch, but I was tired of her dominating everything. I wish she’d take her millions and go home. Gymnasts were simply competing for second place when Simone was up. I can’t think that produces much motivation for them. Of course, I’m not much of a fan of the scoring systems that have encouraged difficult tricks at the expense of beautiful execution (I’m looking at you, Ali Raisman, and your horrible feet!). Simone is perfect for that, but I’d much rather see a beautiful, graceful routine done well like Nadia Comaneci or Shannon Miller.

Andy C

I’m actually hoping Simone Biles is gone for good. She’s an awesome athlete and amazing to watch, but I was tired of her dominating everything. I wish she’d take her millions and go home. Gymnasts were simply competing for second place when Simone was up. I can’t think that produces much motivation for them. Of course, I’m not much of a fan of the scoring systems that have encouraged difficult tricks at the expense of beautiful execution (I’m looking at you, Ali Raisman, and your horrible feet!). Simone is perfect for that, but I’d much rather see a beautiful, graceful routine done well like Nadia Comaneci or Shannon Miller.
At 24 years of age, Im sure she is done.

Andy C

At 24 years of age, Im sure she is done.
I was wrong. This weekend she is competing for the US championships, and half way through the competition she has a dominating lead. She is one amazing athlete, and it took a few years of mental therapy to overcome her problems from the past olympics. If she holds her lead on Sunday, this would be a record 8th USA title

Lover her or hate her, she is definitely one of the, if not the best gymnast ever.

Back