The world restored....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy C

After doing some more study I can find no verses about sin in the Kingdom. I am not a Bible expert or theologian and I tend to think in common sense terms. If Eve sinned due to being deceived by Satan, if Satan had not been present to deceive, would Eve have ever sinned? Using this thought process regarding the Kingdom, if Satan is locked up and no evil exists, how can there be sin?

Satan is released after a 1000 years to again deceive and present man with a choice. I don't see anything in the Bible mentioning sin during the 1000 years. I would welcome any verses mentioning sin/evil/sickness, ect. in the 1000 year Kingdom.

I think this forum creates a wonderful learning opportunity for all. We all learn by an open exchange of information, no matter how much anyone thinks they know, others input and knowledge allows additional understanding.
The trib survivers who enter the millennial kingdom will still be in their natural body. Their children will be born with a sin nature. You are right, there is no verse to my knowledge which specifically states there will be sin, but from what we do know about persons in their natural body, they are capable of sin. If they are not capable of sin, why or how could they choose to side with satan upon his release from the pit?

DanLMP

The trib survivers who enter the millennial kingdom will still be in their natural body. Their children will be born with a sin nature. You are right, there is no verse to my knowledge which specifically states there will be sin, but from what we do know about persons in their natural body, they are capable of sin. If they are not capable of sin, why or how could they choose to side with satan upon his release from the pit?
Siding with Satan is the sin. And if they could sin against God then what was preventing them from sinning before that? To my knowledge, they are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit so they are not automatically covered by the blood of Christ.

My question is how could they not sin? They have not been put into perfect bodies yet.

My other question is, if Adam and Eve were able to sin in their supposedly perfect state in a perfect world, once we are with Father in a perfect state in a perfect world, what is it that Father does to prevent us from sinning? Or are my assumptions wrong?

RobinMc

My opinion, God is a God of order. If we assume that the Earth has been in existence for approximately 6000 years, the last 1000 would fulfill a "7".
That is sort of what I think also. One thousand years is as one day with the Lord. He spent 6 days creating, then on the 7th, had a day of rest.
This world has been in existence for about 6000 years and we are about to have that 1000 years of rest.
Personally, I can't wait, and I've only been here 58 years.

Peggy0329

I have thought that it is possible that the new earth could be larger than the old one. Don't know that, just a thought given the size of the New Jerusalem.
It might end up being larger, or maybe there's a possibility that new Jerusalem will just take up that much room and it won't seem so distant even for people who don't quite live as close? Until we get to see it for real, all this guessing and imagining what it could be will have to tide us over.

Peggy0329

Siding with Satan is the sin. And if they could sin against God then what was preventing them from sinning before that? To my knowledge, they are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit so they are not automatically covered by the blood of Christ.

My question is how could they not sin? They have not been put into perfect bodies yet.

My other question is, if Adam and Eve were able to sin in their supposedly perfect state in a perfect world, once we are with Father in a perfect state in a perfect world, what is it that Father does to prevent us from sinning? Or are my assumptions wrong?
Well Adam and Eve had Satan to tempt them while they were in their perfect state. People born into the new earth won't have that until Satan is released after the milenium. We all pretty much agree those people won't know the struggles we've had to endure on this old earth so they won't really have anything testing their faith until Satan makes his last stand.

Peggy0329

I'm just curious as to what you all think. During the Millennium, Christ will restore the world. I always took that to meaning that He'll restore it to it's previous edenic state. Also with that, I believe that all the extinct creatures that existed back then will also be brought back. Including dinosaurs, sabretooth tigers, wooly Mammoths and the long list of other creatures that have been lost in ages past.

I think it will be awesome to finally get to see my favorite dino wandering around.... the Triceratops. Remember though, fear not. T-Rex won't be chasing people down for a quick snack. Creatures will be at total piece during the Millennium, though I've always wondered what the T-Rex and velociraptors will eat, if meat is off the menu.

Any thoughts out there about what the world will be like in the millennium?
It would be cool to see those currently extinct animals restored to their original glory and see both the similarities and differences to what we've pictured them to be like. I also can't help but wonder about pets. I know their will be animals there but what about our current pets. I sure can't picture life without my dog lol. She brings me so much joy.

daygo

It would be cool to see those currently extinct animals restored to their original glory and see both the similarities and differences to what we've pictured them to be like. I also can't help but wonder about pets. I know their will be animals there but what about our current pets. I sure can't picture life without my dog lol. She brings me so much joy.
Know what you mean Peggy, same with my dog poppy.

Salluz

After doing some more study I can find no verses about sin in the Kingdom. I am not a Bible expert or theologian and I tend to think in common sense terms. If Eve sinned due to being deceived by Satan, if Satan had not been present to deceive, would Eve have ever sinned? Using this thought process regarding the Kingdom, if Satan is locked up and no evil exists, how can there be sin?

Satan is released after a 1000 years to again deceive and present man with a choice. I don't see anything in the Bible mentioning sin during the 1000 years. I would welcome any verses mentioning sin/evil/sickness, ect. in the 1000 year Kingdom.

I think this forum creates a wonderful learning opportunity for all. We all learn by an open exchange of information, no matter how much anyone thinks they know, others input and knowledge allows additional understanding.
From Isaiah 65 describing the new heavens and new earth during the millennium:

17 “See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.
20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach[a] a hundred
will be considered accursed.

21 They will build houses and dwell in them;
they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the work of their hands.
23 They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

The presence of death on the new heavens and new earth during the millennium means there is still sin, because death comes only as a consequence for sin.

From Zechariah 14:

16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord[b] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Here we have a direct example of people sinning against God by not following the rule of sending delegates to the feast of Tabernacles. They're punished by not recieving rain.

Also, Psalm 2 is a description of what it will be like after Jesus has been made king over the world, and includes him demonstrating wrath

1 Why do the nations conspire[a]
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break their chains
and throw off their shackles.”
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 He rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 “I have installed my king
on Zion, my holy mountain
.”
7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:
He said to me, “You are my son;
today I have become your father.
8 Ask me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will break them with a rod of iron[b];
you will dash them to pieces like pottery.

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

None of them say "there will be sin in the millennium" in those words, but there are plenty of things that only make sense if there is sin. One of them even gives an example of one of the sins that will occur, not following the feast ordinance, and gives the consequences for it

JamesSuth

Know what you mean Peggy, same with my dog poppy.
I think the Lord is a creator, and I can't see any reason why He might not choose to re create specific animals if He chooses to do so. He may well choose to give people animals that were special to them in the past. :)

From Isaiah 65 describing the new heavens and new earth during the millennium:

17 “See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.
20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach[a] a hundred
will be considered accursed.

21 They will build houses and dwell in them;
they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the work of their hands.
23 They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

The presence of death on the new heavens and new earth during the millennium means there is still sin, because death comes only as a consequence for sin.

From Zechariah 14:

16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord[b] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Here we have a direct example of people sinning against God by not following the rule of sending delegates to the feast of Tabernacles. They're punished by not recieving rain.

Also, Psalm 2 is a description of what it will be like after Jesus has been made king over the world, and includes him demonstrating wrath

1 Why do the nations conspire[a]
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break their chains
and throw off their shackles.”
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 He rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 “I have installed my king
on Zion, my holy mountain
.”
7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:
He said to me, “You are my son;
today I have become your father.
8 Ask me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will break them with a rod of iron[b];
you will dash them to pieces like pottery.

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

None of them say "there will be sin in the millennium" in those words, but there are plenty of things that only make sense if there is sin. One of them even gives an example of one of the sins that will occur, not following the feast ordinance, and gives the consequences for it
Interesting, thank you for these passages. There should be less sin if people are living in a great place without satan tempting them, but people are still capable of sin even without being tempted.

My opinion is that people make a lot of excuses for sin in this world. For example, poverty or their ruler / government not being without sin so they rebel. In the Millennium there will be no excuse for sin, so when people sin or rebel against the Rule of Christ they will be showing their true hearts and they will be dealt with accordingly.

usoutpost31

Well, I have no evidence that they'll be brought back. It's more of a hope of mine, considering that the world will be restored, I kind of infer it. Besides, with God, all things are possible! Amen!
I always thought it was rather obvious. God created dinosaurs, and like everything else he created, he found them to be "very good". In fact, if the behemoth in Job was in fact a dinosaur, then he considered them to be the pinnacle of his creation, at least among the beasts of the earth. No reason why they wouldn't have a place in a restored earth.

Mish

With regard to life during the Millennium, this has been my takeaway (from studies on the subject):

1) the original population (@the beginning) comprises those who survived the Tribulation.

2) Jesus reigns (physically) over all the Earth. No corrupt governments acting for their own benefit- a perfect legal system of justice determined by God and not man.

3) Satan and his minions are no longer present, meaning they have no power to corrupt, tempt or torture the minds/hearts of mankind.

4) As Jesus is physically present for everyone to see, atheism is a moot issue as are all the other false religions that corrupted people’s minds. It’s a bit difficult to call God a make- believe individual and His Word a book of fairytales when everyone can see Him and His power and authority over all His creation! Seeing is believing, whereas during The Age of Grace- we were justified by faith alone in Christ.

5) Even with all the detractors gone, people will STILL choose to go their own way and not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

God has provided a world ruled in perfect righteousness; Jesus is there for all to see. From reading His Word and through research, I feel this was God’s way to show mankind that none of us has the power to overcome SIN on our own, regardless of our environment, ever.

Jesus has and will always be, the only answer to sin. God will undeniably prove this Fact during the Millennial reign; no man will have excuse.

Anyway, I have probably botched this attempt to explain my viewpoint... :scratch
God’s objective for the Millennium (imho) is to prove once and for all that Jesus is the way, the Truth and the life - always and forever! :pray

Last edited:

cavalier973

I always thought it was rather obvious. God created dinosaurs, and like everything else he created, he found them to be "very good". In fact, if the behemoth in Job was in fact a dinosaur, then he considered them to be the pinnacle of his creation, at least among the beasts of the earth. No reason why they wouldn't have a place in a restored earth.
My brother thinks that dinosaurs were possibly part of the "Nephilim Project".

As to animals in general, (and this may have already been mentioned) we know from Scripture that when our Lord Jesus returns, He is riding a white horse, along with His hosts of heaven, who,are also,ridong on white horses. So, horses, at least, are part of the heavenly menagerie--which is interesting, since they are unclean animals, and Israel was (I think) forbidden to use them in war.

My personal, non-Scripture-based belief, is that if an animal in this mortal age faithfully served a believer, then it gets to be in heaven in some capacity. I dont know if it will be able to talk and use cutlery, but I think God would allow it to join its master/mistress.

ItIsFinished!

With regard to life during the Millennium, this has been my takeaway (from studies on the subject):

1) the original population (@the beginning) comprises those who survived the Tribulation.

2) Jesus reigns (physically) over all the Earth. No corrupt governments acting for their own benefit- a perfect legal system of justice determined by God and not man.

3) Satan and his minions are no longer present, meaning they have no power to corrupt, tempt or torture the minds/hearts of mankind.

4) As Jesus is physically present for everyone to see, atheism is a moot issue as are all the other false religions that corrupted people’s minds. It’s a bit difficult to call God a make- believe individual and His Word a book of fairytales when everyone can see Him and His power and authority over all His creation! Seeing is believing, whereas during The Age of Grace- we were justified by faith alone in Christ.

5) Even with all the detractors gone, people will STILL choose to go their own way and not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

God has provided a world ruled in perfect righteousness; Jesus is there for all to see. From reading His Word and through research, I feel this was God’s way to show mankind that none of us has the power to overcome SIN on our own, regardless of our environment, ever.

Jesus has and will always be, the only answer to sin. God will undeniably prove this Fact during the Millennial reign; no man will have excuse.

Anyway, I have probably botched this attempt to explain my viewpoint... :scratch
God’s objective for the Millennium (imho) is to prove once and for all that Jesus is the way, the Truth and the life - always and forever! :pray
My friend , you didn't botch anything.
I thank you for posting your thoughts on the matter.
You delivered a great and concise response to the subject matter.
I personally like to read other peoples views on subjects such as this.
May the Lord bless you.

Peace in Christ.

kathymendel

Scripture declares that Christ will reign in the Millenium with a rod of iron. I'm guessing that if there were no sin, He would not have to do that.
Ergo, there must be sin during that 1,000 years. Satan is let loose and draws many to himself with his lies........... again, the fruits of sin.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I stand corrected for now. Thanks for the info. I will be doing more study on this, I had the impression that with Satan locked up there would be no temping influence. If there is a choice to be made why is Satan locked up for the 1000 years?
Without Satan's influence we'll learn that man left to his own and without accepting Jesus can be very evil without Satan. We'll understand that while Satan and his minions did a lot of influencing, all of those destined for the Lake of Fire will have each individually earned their own berth there.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Using this thought process regarding the Kingdom, if Satan is locked up and no evil exists, how can there be sin?

Satan will amass a massive army of fallen individuals to go up against Jerusalem after he is released from his 1000 year prison. This massive army of people don't turn bad after Satan enlists them in his forces, they join Satan because they too are evil at their very core and have rejected Jesus. Logic would dictate that these fallen souls did not live their lives without sin, but will embrace evil and all that encompasses.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I believe our sanctification is part of the answer to the question. And in our new bodies sin will no longer have power over us whereas in our current bodies our very nature leads us to sin no matter how much we might wish to be sin free.

Status
Not open for further replies.