The world restored....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scilent

I'm just curious as to what you all think. During the Millennium, Christ will restore the world. I always took that to meaning that He'll restore it to it's previous edenic state. Also with that, I believe that all the extinct creatures that existed back then will also be brought back. Including dinosaurs, sabretooth tigers, wooly Mammoths and the long list of other creatures that have been lost in ages past.

I think it will be awesome to finally get to see my favorite dino wandering around.... the Triceratops. Remember though, fear not. T-Rex won't be chasing people down for a quick snack. Creatures will be at total piece during the Millennium, though I've always wondered what the T-Rex and velociraptors will eat, if meat is off the menu.

Any thoughts out there about what the world will be like in the millennium?

Scilent

In a sense it is restored to Edenic type of state, but those who do not go up to worship the Lord every year won't get any rain, so it is still possible for some to suffer the effects of famine. I don't know about any dinos being brought back.
Well, I have no evidence that they'll be brought back. It's more of a hope of mine, considering that the world will be restored, I kind of infer it. Besides, with God, all things are possible! Amen!

Kem

Citizen
I believe that all the extinct creatures that existed back then will also be brought back. Including dinosaurs, sabretooth tigers, wooly Mammoths and the long list of other creatures that have been lost in ages past.
Might be interesting and only God knows at this point. Personally, I'm looking forward to being forever with the Lord and a new body that doesn't hurt or get sick. I love David Phelps song No More Night, No More Pain.

RobinMc

I'm glad someone brought up this time period because I have questions and want opinions. My understanding is us that are raptured, either as alive or from the grave, will be in our new bodies. And the people who are saved during the tribulation and are still alive at the end will be there also, still in a earthly body, still able to marry, have children and commit sin. ?????
Will we be together? will we know that we are different? will we interact?
My understanding above may even be incorrect. What do y'all think?

antitox

My understanding is that at this point sin has still not been eradicated yet. But there will be resurrected saints there, after all they come back when Jesus reclaims the earth. Sin gets eradicated from our existence after the 1000yrs. During the millennium the earth is covered "with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." The wolf will lie down with the lamb and the lion will eat straw like the ox. This is because the Lord Himself is ruling over the earth firsthand. (There's no "god of this world" around). With the Lord ruling, that's why each year everyone must go to Jerusalem to worship the King. It will still be an amazing time to live because the earth will no longer have demons running around on it. None of that occurs again till the end of the millennium and that is short-lived. Then the new heavens and new earth begins. Can you imagine what that must look like? I'm breathless just thinking about it. By the way, the people who are bearing children in each successive generation during the millennium will not be familiar with the old earth life because they don't have demons prodding and tempting, and accusing them. It will be quite a different experience, but the Millennium is needed for the purpose of dealing with the remnants of the earth.

Batfan7

I happen to agree about the extinct animals coming back - I want to see a dinosaur! No guarantee that they'll be there, but I kind of think they will. And it sure seems like resurrected humans will interact with the still living. I actually think that's part of what drives that final rebellion - envy towards the "privileged positions" of the resurrected people. I mean, think about it. We'll get to enter New Jerusalem (which it sounds like the living are prevented from doing), we probably won't need to do any work (like garden for food), but the work we will have will be positions if power (city rulers, judges, etc.). Just my opinions, of course, but I can see how the living would grow to resent the society where the King obviously favors his children above the sinful men.

Released

The Millennium is interesting because of so many mysteries revealed in scripture that describe its uniqueness:

- The Ezekiel Temple is necessary because humans born during the Millennium still have a sinful nature. They have one hundred years to make their decision for Christ, or they will die.

Isaiah 65:20

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

(Note: over ten of these one hundred year cycles, each sinful generation will expect and prepare for the return of Satan once the Millennium wraps up as described in Revelation 20:9)

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

-The sun will be seven times brighter, and the moon will be as bright as the sun.

Isaiah 30:26

Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

This and more describes conditions we can only see to comprehend. Such as the animal kingdom being led by a child:

Isaiah 11:6

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Does this include dinosaurs? God created them! Surely they were not carnivores in the days of Eden; so they will return to their God-given state for children to lead. It will be an interesting time!

daygo

Isaiah 30 v 26 interesting, I thought the sun was supernova in the 4th bowl and at the end of tribulation sun was darkened and the moon was as red, the new Jerusalem was the light to the world revelation 21 v 24 so no need for the sun. Oh well back to the drawing board again.

Last edited:

cavalier973

New Jerusalem will possibly be in low orbit around the earth, and visible to those on the earth.

People still in their mortal state will be able to sin, but they will, as antitox said, no longer have to deal with dark,spirits tempting them, and on the other side will have angels and saints watching over them.

There will be no need to steal, because it will be a post-scarcity world. Food will grow almost by itself, and mortal people will have time and skill to do things like build their own houses or make their own clothes. Since there will be no danger, there will be no need for house alarms or locked doors or medicine or doctors or police or firemen.

SBH29

In a sense it is restored to Edenic type of state, but those who do not go up to worship the Lord every year won't get any rain, so it is still possible for some to suffer the effects of famine. I don't know about any dinos being brought back.
Where is this found? I'm genuinely asking as I've not heard this.

Andy C

There will be no need to steal, because it will be a post-scarcity world. Food will grow almost by itself, and mortal people will have time and skill to do things like build their own houses or make their own clothes. Since there will be no danger, there will be no need for house alarms or locked doors or medicine or doctors or police or firemen.
Yes, at the beginning of the Millennium there will be no crime. But the next generations will have to choose to believe, and many wont, so there will be crime and other sinful things happening.

DWB

Satan is locked up during the millennium(in the bottomless pit). Christ will sort out the goats(unbelievers) from the sheep(believers). So there will be no unbelievers or Satan for 1000 years. Without Satan I don't think sin will be possible.

After 1000 years Satan will be released for a while to temp again. After his final defeat he will finally be cast into the lake of fire for eternity.

Andy C

Satan is locked up during the millennium(in the bottomless pit). Christ will sort out the goats(unbelievers) from the sheep(believers). So there will be no unbelievers or Satan for 1000 years. Without Satan I don't think sin will be possible.

After 1000 years Satan will be released for a while to temp again. After his final defeat he will finally be cast into the lake of fire for eternity.
No, only at the beginning of the millennium will there be only believers alive. Babies born during the thousand years will have to choose to believe, and not all will choose wisely.

cavalier973

Yes, at the beginning of the Millennium there will be no crime. But the next generations will have to choose to believe, and many wont, so there will be crime and other sinful things happening.
Oh, no doubt there wil be crimes, at least, as you say, beginning with the first post-Tribulation Generation, but I believe no crime will be committed without swift punishment. Our Lord Jesus will rule the world with a rod of iron. There won't be a court system and police forces, I think. No years of working one's way through appeals courts, just *whack*, you're done.

Criminals will find to their chagrin that everything they thought they were doing in secret--even their foul thoughts--was being watched by the Lord Jesus and His court (that is, us).

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Where is this found? I'm genuinely asking as I've not heard this.
Zechariah 14:17

If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain.

Isaiah 30 v 26 interesting, I thought the sun was supernova in the 4th bowl and at the end of tribulation sun was darkened and the moon was as red, the new Jerusalem was the light to the world revelation 21 v 24 so no need for the sun. Oh well back to the drawing board again.
Maybe this is a description of the New Jerusalem before the details could be revealed? To an unglorified eye on Earth, all they would be able to make out is the brightness, and it would probably look extremely similar to the sun. If the moon is still up there, it would reflect the light from the New Jerusalem as well.

Genesis 1:16 describes the sun as 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

We consider the sun now as the closest star in our galaxy that the Earth revolves around, but maybe the word is being used to describe "the greater light to govern the day," which would be the New Jerusalem. This is the first time that verse from Isaiah clicked with me, so I'll have to go read more about it, but those were the first thoughts that came to mind

daygo

Yes I'm thinking of the size and guessing that new Jerusalem will be about the size of the sun is now but at a distance of half of the distance of the moon at present in orbit of the earth, and it being square will be very distinctive.

JamesSuth

I'm just curious as to what you all think. During the Millennium, Christ will restore the world. I always took that to meaning that He'll restore it to it's previous edenic state. Also with that, I believe that all the extinct creatures that existed back then will also be brought back. Including dinosaurs, sabretooth tigers, wooly Mammoths and the long list of other creatures that have been lost in ages past.
Interesting thread with so many great comments. I had never thought of this. In the New Heaven and Earth I can't think of any reason why God would not restore everything, and probably create new things that have never existed on this earth too. God is a creator, satan is the destroyer, so if we remember that God only creates, I think there will be endless possibilities. Ultimately the decision about what will exist will be the Lord's alone. But I think He is a creator and views all that He has ever made as 'good', so why not again. But your question is about the Millennium. I’m not sure how much of a restoration will take place, but when we consider what happens during the Tribulation and the extent of the destruction, there must be a huge restoration taking place for this to be a nice place to live again.

Zechariah 14:17

If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain.
The Millennium will be like now, but much better. The earth will be a pretty good place to live with people living very easy lives compared to now. Crucially instead of the constant chaotic government that we all have, there will be Jesus as absolute King. It is really interesting to think that during the church age there have occasionally been governments that have been pretty good, but they have always been opposed and no sooner does a good thing start than it comes to an end. In the Millennium there will be an absolute Monarchy under Jesus with absolute and perfect rule. Yet, and this is the crazy bit, despite no temptation from satan and despite all the wonderful things happening there will be rebellious people, even in acts like not going to Jerusalem to worship. And in the end, the Millennium satan will be released and it will end with people rebelling against the Rule of Jesus. It will show that even with Jesus providing perfect rule people still will rebel, and there will be no excuses.

Andy C

Yes I'm thinking of the size and guessing that new Jerusalem will be about the size of the sun is now but at a distance of half of the distance of the moon at present in orbit of the earth, and it being square will be very distinctive.
I dont believe it will be anywhere close to the size of our sun, as over a million earths could fit inside the mass of the sun.

The book of revelation does give the dimensions of New Jerusalem as quoted by Jack Kelley below

“You talk about thinking big where God’s concerned, but I’m not sure people know just how big the New Jerusalem will be. We don’t know it exact shape but the Bible does say it will have a length, width and height of 1400 miles each (Rev. 21:16). That means if it was a globe it would be 1/6th the size of Earth, or 2/3rds the size of the Moon. If it’s a cube, as most people think, it will have even more space, with a volume of 2.74 billion cubic miles. If you wanted to locate it on Earth somewhere, you’d need all the land from Norway to Italy so it would cover all of western Europe. In the US it would stretch from Maine to Florida and from the East Coast 1/2 way to California. It would be 4000 times as tall as the Earth’s tallest building. That’s big enough for all of us”.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/thinking-big-about-our-millennial-home/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.