The UN Takes A Stand Against God

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The UN Takes A Stand Against God
By Hal Lindsey

Late last year the United Nations passed a resolution mocking and condemning the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Their action derided the Old and New Testaments, including the clear teaching of Jesus. How did they do this? In a 90 to 30 vote with 47 abstentions, they passed a resolution calling the founding of modern Israel a “catastrophe.”

Let that soak in. God kept His promise. A nation was born in a day. He brought His people back into the land that He gave them so long ago. And the UN now chooses to commemorate that miracle as a “catastrophe.”

The Israeli news service i24News reported, “Palestinians consider the establishment of Israel and its existence to this day as the ‘Nakba’ (catastrophe in Arabic) and the world body decided to acknowledge the Palestinian version of events with the resolution.”

In 2023, Israel celebrates its 75th anniversary. By the Gregorian calendar, Israel declared its independence on May 14, 1948. The official celebration in Israel will follow the Jewish calendar and go from sundown April 25th to sundown April 26th. That means we can celebrate twice — with Israel in April, then according to our calendar on May 14th.

But the United Nations has decided that it will make the next day, May 15th, a day of lament and of calls for vengeance against Jews. That’s what happens every Nakba. That’s what Nakba is. They say that the rebirth of Israel was a “catastrophe” primarily because of what happened to the Palestinian people who left that land during those days.

They don’t mention that Israel was founded in accordance with UN resolutions. They don’t mention that tragedies such as the holocaust made it obvious that the Jews needed their own homeland. Great Britain, the holder of that land, agreed to give it Israel. They don’t mention that Arab nations fooled masses of people into going to “Palestine” just prior to 1948 by promising them land and prosperity. Neither do they say that these people were declared “refugees” even though they had not been in the land long enough to qualify for refugee status according to previous UN rules.

Today, we almost never hear that the new Israeli government pleaded with so-called “Palestinians” to stay. Those people left at the request of Arab armies that promised the refugees they could return after those armies quickly annihilated Israel — something that obviously never happened. I say “so-called Palestinians” because never in world history was there a nation of Palestine. Meanwhile, in Arab countries, Jews were being kicked out — their lands and properties were being stolen. Happily, those newly disenfranchised Jews did have one place left in the world where they could go — the new Jewish state of Israel.

Israel asked the Palestinians to stay and welcomed Jewish refugees. Muslim countries threw out the Jews and threw Palestinian refugees into massive camps, almost like prisons. They had to keep them there because to let them assimilate into their societies would be to lose the political leverage they represent. When the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) was organized in 1950, there were only 750,000 such refugees. Today that number has grown to over 5.9 million according to UNRWA. Such a number precludes any ability for a small country such as Israel to guarantee a “right of return.”

I can’t cover this subject adequately in a short article. However, in my book, The Everlasting Hatred, you will find the astonishing details.

The real catastrophe of modern Israel’s founding is that so many Muslims could not relinquish their ancient hatred of the Jews. And on this May 15th, the United Nations will officially join them in that hatred.

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/the-un-takes-a-stand-against-god/

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I always love Brother Hal's articles.

It amazes me...the amount of hatred for the Jewish people and the contention for such a tiny piece of land.

I am so thankful for Bibical knowledge and teachings...so that we can understand the importance of Israel....something the unsaved world seems unable to comprehend.

The UN...huh, what is it good for??!!??

Jaybird

I never really understood the hatred for Jews until I became a Christian. Satan, the prince of the world, hates the Jews and the people of the world who follow him do the same. We all know why Satan despises them. His second favorite targets are Christians. Ultimately we know how this will all end. The UN has always been a useless entity. In the Tribulation it might get some teeth.

katt

I actually use Israel situations to witness. On a YouTube video where someone ask for proof that the Bible is true Word of God. The struggle you mentioned that the UN is constantly against the Israeli government. Is the exact reason we can testify the Bible prophecy. If fact recently I mentioned that the UN was actually called a different name and had just changed it to United Nations. This is amazing because USA was not a part of the older name. If you look at what happened it is so amazing how God worked this… Roosevelt denied a ship of Jewish refugees in the state of Florida. And then Roosevelt died leaving the new President (vice president) Truman. Truman is joining the UN meeting… at same time as the UN meaning countries owed USA money and England was in a bad way. They had the deed to Israel and the Russians (ironic) were pushing to remove Jewish people who were in small numbers to go back to their Country. England put it to a vote. Now back to Truman, his mother told him that the Jewish people were Gods people. Truman (unlike Roosevelt) voted for Jewish Zion! England signed. Then this wounded group of people return to a land so barren that the Farmers England had sent to harvest were saying it could not be done. Yet, look at a picture of the land in 1948 and a picture today. It bloomed! The fig tree bloomed again and the technology as well the produce blooming faster than USA when it began. The country looks like a thorn and yet it still is the watched country. It shouldn’t be in logical thinking so important yet every media station reporting as though they can’t resist the stories. The fact that the Jewish people exist today with great numbers is the exact proof that shows it was correct prophecy. No one can deny that this should have been impossible yet it was so perfect.
I know the UN is going to constantly attack Israel and the jealousy of the Jewish people from others is exactly why they hate the Jewish people. I laugh because God is Wonderful!
All eyes on Israel! (Looking up /Israel) on repeat!
The fig tree is not just showing its new growth, it is bearing fruit which no one could do before Jewish people returned to it.
Had one response from the one who said to convince him the Bible is accurate and it was “sounds like a lot of coincidences” . It was destined! I don’t have to worry about Israel because God said it would be His to protect and as well anyone messes with Gods plan for Israel will regret it.
Eyes up Gods eyes on Jerusalem!
The land never has and never will produce unless The Children Of Israel are in it.

Carl

I remember readiing about President Nixon getting a call from the Prime Minister of Israel. The Prime Minister informed President Nixon that he needs help or Israel will be over-run in a day. After the call Nixon said so this is why God got me elected as president. Then Nixon called the air force leader and told him to contact the air base in Germany and have them send every plane and weapon to Israel ASAP. That saved Israel.

madcat

And now the woke side of the Israeli government is trying to pass a law that will IMPRISON anyone speaking about Jesus to anyone in the country. All they have to do is file a complaint. The mess their government is in, parallels ours. And they have the same issue with wokeness, with many eligible young people saying the will refuse to serve in the military (because they have to use a :mafia!!!!!!! I should have taken a screen shot of the proposed law, but I just remember it will be coming to a vote soon.

As a country, they are looking more vulnerable every day.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
This is so true. When you look at a globe of earth, Israel is such a tiny dot of land that it's hard to pinpoint. Yet, look at all the contention over it.
It is the most popular piece of real estate in the world.
Israel is smaller than the state of NJ.
NJ has 9.267 million people.
As of yesterday , Israel has 9,021,595.
Just to put things in perspective.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
And now the woke side of the Israeli government is trying to pass a law that will IMPRISON anyone speaking about Jesus to anyone in the country. All they have to do is file a complaint. The mess their government is in, parallels ours. And they have the same issue with wokeness, with many eligible young people saying the will refuse to serve in the military (because they have to use a :mafia!!!!!!! I should have taken a screen shot of the proposed law, but I just remember it will be coming to a vote soon.

As a country, they are looking more vulnerable every day.
I heard that it's just plants from Soros disrupting the government so they can get rid of Bibi

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Why are the nations so angry?
Why do they waste their time with futile plans? The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
the rulers plot together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one. “Let us break their chains,” they cry,
“and free ourselves from slavery to God.”

But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
The Lord scoffs at them. Then in anger he rebukes them,
terrifying them with his fierce fury. For the Lord declares, “I have placed my chosen king on the throne
in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain.”

Psalm 2:1-6

The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations
and thwarts all their schemes.
But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken.

Psalm 33:10-11

Back