The Turning

Discussion in 'Apostasy in the Local Church' started by Anewcreationinjesus, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

Mum's gospel outreach look to be getting involved with this, looking at the leader of it, yinka oyekan, the emphasis on people "soaking" before going out to share "God has a plan for your life" , mention of apostolic streams and praising lou engle, it certainly looks one to avoid .. .

Update - Oh boy.... On the turning website, oyekan thanks Bill Johnson for "investing in him", he preaches at Catholic events, and mentions a visit to Bethel with "30 other apostles . .."

Wonder if anyone has any extra info on this??

:gaah It's another one of those not again moments!!

Poor mum, the leader of the gospel outreach said she had a dream last night to not share gospel on the mic as usual but to do "the turning" evangelism instead.....

Sounds like a flipping nightmare to me instead .... Yet another leader who considers himself an apostle, joining with catholics, endorsing bill Johnson .. .

My gosh, where are Titus 1:9 pastors in the UK ?!!! I feel like upping and moving to sugarland texas . ..

:groan :frust :sheepaid

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

3. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

I fear Titus 1:9 pastors are becoming scarcer everywhere. :sad

4. Anewcreationinjesus

:cry2 Oh gosh it's so burdensome to see where all this dominionism is infiltrating...even gospel outreaches, when you trace back to the source, are led by NARpostles ... The poor sheep are sat in congregations thinking it sounds brilliant, my heart is so sad, maranatha!!

I genuinely can't believe all this is going on ....

5. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Well-Known Member

Sounds stomach-turning!!

6. Anewcreationinjesus

http://theturning.eu/learning-review/

It just goes to show, people can hear about, or take part in evangelism unawares where the background could be NAR .....

The whole thrust of the turning objective, what with mentions of soaking, Bethel, company of prophets, atmosphere shift, changing the culture, kingdom minded, its definitely Bethel Church Reading that's for sure (Reading is a town in the UK) ...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  7. Anewcreationinjesus

Adrian have I remembered correctly you are a pastor?? It must be so tough to be a pastor in the middle of all this stuff!!

8. Anewcreationinjesus

Yes Mike, am genuinely flabbergasted again, poor mum just came out of a NAR church as well ...

9. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Yes. It would be tough if I set my eyes upon the problem. But instead I remain focused on our mighty God and trusting in His faithful Word that assures us that the gates of Hell will not prevail against His true Church. And it will not. His Word also states without any equivocation that every word He speaks will not return to Him until it has accomplished His purpose. He is God. He alone is God. There is none beside Him. And none can stop His will. What an unshakable rock we are anchored upon!!!

10. Anewcreationinjesus

Yes that's such a key scripture - Jesus said I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it, such an encouraging verse to stand in . .. And thanks again for all you and Chris do on here :)

Lynn, mattfivefour, chaser and 2 others like this.
  11. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

That perspective is key to healing up after being involved in any bad theology. Going back to the Word, turning the eyes onto Jesus, praying for His guidance. Seeking out the CLEAN old paths.

Luke12, Lynn, mattfivefour and 2 others like this.
  12. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

Ok, a bit of a comedic response here.....we should start a movement called 'The Groaning' or 'The Sighing' for those who are in shock when encountering things like this.

Agree! When I've had to research particularly nauseating movements I really had to take breaks to cleanse my mind with God's fresh and strengthening Word. :nod. Otherwise I could get bogged down feeling overwhelmed and negative (not saying this is the case on this thread by the way, Anewcreationinjesus I've appreciated you and others keeping us alert of things to watch out for. :)).

Amen!!!!! Great sermon!

13. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

:lol ABSOLUTELY! I always loved Carol Burnett's spoof on the soaps, she called it "As the Stomach Churns" and it was so funny. This is just the same. It needs a lot more fun poked at their very self important attitude. The Babylon Bee is great for that sort of reality check delivered with humour. I remember when they did a thing on Joel Osteen's Bible.