The Tin-Foil Hat Brigade

Dave_97

I work in an office where everyone is a professing Christian BUT when real time subjects come up, instead of wanting to hear about what the Bible has to say everyone prefers to reference Fox News or Donald Trump, The Biblical answers seem to be too far fetched or sci-fi and they prefer a more tangible relatable talking point, "the mid term elections" will save the economy and oil and gas prices and the HOPE Donald Trump will win again in 2024 seems more likely to turn things around than the King of Kings calling the Church home as a better thing to realistically hope for. But they all attended a seeker friendly church and I'm the odd ball who warns of the things they esteem, like Elevation Worship and Jesus Culture and Rick Warren. I'm tolerated but definitely considered tin foil as it pertains to eschatology and a kill joy in regards to seeker friendly church!!
I have experienced similar responses as well. I know family who are strong American patriots (nothing necessarily wrong with that). However, the issue is they are not saved.

The mom of that family mentioned once to me how crazy the world has gotten, and everything seems to be going south. I took this opportunity to send her a podcast from one of my favorite bible prophecy teachers. Something easy and relatable they could digest.

The response I got was along the lines of “this is why you need to make sure to vote”. She even gave me detailed instructions on how to vote since I just became an American citizen recently. I can understand where she’s coming from, and voting is good, but I was saddened that her full hope was turning this country around through elections. Unbelievers know something is going on, they are missing the spiritual component of all this so they can’t understand it. It’s why we should thank Jesus for sending the Holy Spirit to us. Thank you Lord Jesus for opening my eyes to the times we are living in!

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I work in an office where everyone is a professing Christian BUT when real time subjects come up, instead of wanting to hear about what the Bible has to say everyone prefers to reference Fox News or Donald Trump, The Biblical answers seem to be too far fetched or sci-fi and they prefer a more tangible relatable talking point, "the mid term elections" will save the economy and oil and gas prices and the HOPE Donald Trump will win again in 2024 seems more likely to turn things around than the King of Kings calling the Church home as a better thing to realistically hope for. But they all attended a seeker friendly church and I'm the odd ball who warns of the things they esteem, like Elevation Worship and Jesus Culture and Rick Warren. I'm tolerated but definitely considered tin foil as it pertains to eschatology and a kill joy in regards to seeker friendly church!!
I know how you feel.

The seeker friendly movement does not like prophecy since they are closely affiliated with Dominionism/Kingdom Now/NAR (I believe R. Warren even said there is no need to study bible prophecy). These false doctrines closely relate to amillenialism and preterism as well.

All of these bad teachings dumb down a church's bible literacy which affects the santification/deeper faith that comes from bible prophecy.

About a week ago I brought up R. Warren (seeker movement) and TPT (B. Simmons/Dominionism/Kingdom Now/NAR) to an elder at my church. I told him that these guys shouldn't be mentioned during service because of their bad doctrines. When I mentioned bible prophecy he started to get a little awkward. :tin:tin:tin He played it off like it was not a big deal because God's will cannot be stopped and everyone does not care about these type of things like I do.

I saw it as ironic because his statements/excuses were likely "fulfilling" prophecy about the Laodicean condition of the end times church. I almost chuckled when he said "God's will cannot be stopped." Maybe some even in the church are blind for this reason?

I will speak out when I sense God wants me to but otherwise I don't let this stuff bother me much anymore. Many are blind and need prayer.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
The mom of that family mentioned once to me how crazy the world has gotten, and everything seems to be going south. I took this opportunity to send her a podcast from one of my favorite bible prophecy teachers. Something easy and relatable they could digest.

The response I got was along the lines of “this is why you need to make sure to vote”.

Similar to my parents. When I talk about end times (current events) they just say they feel bad for my sister and me. I try to explain that it's good for believers, but they don't get it. My uncle has badgered them about "religion" for so long they are just tuned out. Sigh.

Andy C

The crown of rightousness.
Amen!

Many Christians have what they believe are good reasons to hope the rapture is delayed, and in the below, I think Jacks gives a good answer on why that could be wrong thinking.

Question: In my heart I know I should be excited about the Lord’s return, longing for Him to return to this place and restore it every moment. Unfortunately, I can’t pray “thy Kingdom come” (swiftly, anyhow), because underneath this prayer is a feeling that I want to do more for His Kingdom to accrue reward on the day of judgement. I feel like “If given just one more year of hard work I can give away X amount of money or try and bring this person or that person to the Lord… etc.” How do I get around this wrong thinking?

Answer:In 2 Tim. 4:8 Paul tells of a crown of righteousness that will be awarded to all who long for His appearing. By hoping the rapture won’t come until you’ve had more time to do something for the Lord you risk disqualifying yourself for this crown without any assurance that you’ll accomplish anything even if you’re given more time.

Remember, in John 15:5 Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing.” That means only things done at His direction and in His strength out of gratitude for what He’s done for you will count for anything in the Kingdom. This is the gold, silver and precious gems spoken of in 1 Cor. 3:10-15. Even if you wanted to you can’t just run out and do some good works. The minute you think you’re accruing rewards for yourself, your selfish motives will disqualify you, and your works will be like wood, hay, and stubble, burned up in the fire. You’re better off longing for the rapture and trusting that if the Lord needs you to do something for Him before the rapture, He will call you.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/come-lord-but-not-yet/

Reason & Hope

I thought Lutherans were amillennial :scratch
Yes. Although Luther parted from the Catholic church over faith versus works and other issues, he did not re-examine their teaching on eschatology. In fact, he wanted to remove the book of Revelation from the Bible! While Lutherans haven't removed it from the Bible, they pretty much ignore it. And if they can't ignore it, they spiritualize it and allegorize it.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Thank you for bumping it!!!! In re-reading it, it is amazing how far we have come in the year or so since it was first
posted!!! We are SO much closer each and every day to hearing the trump and being removed from here. It can't happen
too soon in my book.............. right now would be great!!
I am so ready to go :rapture home this world has lost its :loco mind as in reprobate. Come Quickly, Lord Jesus! :rapture

Last edited:

Dragontiger777

Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Ecclesiastes 1:18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow, the more knowledge, the more grief.

Isaish 47:11 Disaster will come upon you, and you will not know how to conjure it away. A calamity will fall upon you that you cannot ward off with a ransom; a catastrophe you cannot foresee will suddenly come upon you.

This is warning for Jesus coming soon.... They will increase knowledge "Technologist." And See thing happens more grief. Have they been notice that many dreadful, ghastly, and horrible thing coming on this the Earth such as we recognize thing going on this the earth.

False Religious
Earthquake
Wildfire
Hurricane
Volcano
Murder
Rumor
War
Starve
Disease
etc..... as they should notice more frequency/often/impact everywhere. So far, they are blind till awake when we are rapture.

More likely they are clueless What God already give so many warnings sign as near and soon to be call rapture.

Peace and Praying for them to wake up.

Back