The timing on the 2 witnesses of Revelation

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
So you guys are saying the Jews in charge of the temple sacrifices will see these 2 witnesses that Jesus sent, fire proceeds from their mouth to kill anyone that tries to harm them, turn water to blood and still will not receive their message. These are the priests in the temple. So these priests are so hardened they will not believe these signs?

I think many believe in signs and miracles but do not attribute them to Jesus Himself until they finally see Him physically coming down from the skies in the heavens. Like doubting Thomas they will not believe until they actually see.

Conquirere

Perhaps this will help:

Timing Of The Two Witnesses | GraceThruFaith

Timing Of The Two Witnesses

Q. I noticed recently that you believe that the 3.5 years that the 2 witnesses are on earth during Daniel’s 70th week does not correspond to the 1st 3.5 years but overlap to 2nd half. Please give me scripture that leads you to that conclusion.

A. The 2 witnesses first appear in Rev. 11:1-12 before the 7th Trumpet sounds. But the Great Tribulation doesn’t begin on Earth until Rev. 13 . Also, after their 1260 day ministry they will be killed and their bodies will lay in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days, during which time people from all over the Earth will celebrate (Rev. 11:7-10). This will have to happen sometime before the Great Tribulation ends. Therefore I conclude that the ministry of the 2 witnesses will begin before the Great Tribulation starts and will be over before it ends.

With this explanation, Jack Kelley is presupposing that Revelation is chronological, and that Revelation 13 is not John viewing the events of the great tribulation period from a perspective different than he had been shown before. These other visions are talked about in Revelation 10:11: And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.” And remember that this came after John witnessed the opening of the 7th seal. I do not think that many realize that the trumpet and bowel judgements are encapsulated within the 7th seal. And how the trumpets and bowels act is that the wrath poured out in the 7th trumpet IS the 7 bowels. Thus, John had in one capacity already witnessed all those events as the opening of the 7 seals, but now was going to be shown some of them again in greater detail.

Further evidence that shows that Revelation is not completely straitforward in it's chronology is to consider Revelation 11:14-19. where at the blowing of the 7th trumpet it switches to past tense, taking us to the time after God has finished pouring out His wrath, the time of rewarding His servants and judging the dead, in otherwords, the end:

Revelation of John 11:14: The second woe has passed; behold, the third woe is soon to come.

Revelation of John 11:15: Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”
Revelation of John 11:16: And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God,
Revelation of John 11:17: saying,

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
who is and who was,
for you have taken your great power
and begun to reign.

Revelation of John 11:18: The nations raged,
but your wrath came,
and the time for the dead to be judged,
and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints,
and those who fear your name,
both small and great,
and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

Revelation of John 11:19: Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.​

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
With this explanation, Jack Kelley is presupposing that Revelation is chronological, and that Revelation 13 is not John viewing the events of the great tribulation period from a perspective different than he had been shown before. These other visions are talked about in Revelation 10:11: And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.” And remember that this came after John witnessed the opening of the 7th seal. I do not think that many realize that the trumpet and bowel judgements are encapsulated within the 7th seal. And how the trumpets and bowels act is that the wrath poured out in the 7th trumpet IS the 7 bowels. Thus, John had in one capacity already witnessed all those events as the opening of the 7 seals, but now was going to be shown some of them again in greater detail.

Further evidence that shows that Revelation is not completely straitforward in it's chronology is to consider Revelation 11:14-19. where at the blowing of the 7th trumpet it switches to past tense, taking us to the time after God has finished pouring out His wrath, the time of rewarding His servants and judging the dead, in otherwords, the end:

Revelation of John 11:14: The second woe has passed; behold, the third woe is soon to come.

Revelation of John 11:15: Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”
Revelation of John 11:16: And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God,
Revelation of John 11:17: saying,

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
who is and who was,
for you have taken your great power
and begun to reign.

Revelation of John 11:18: The nations raged,
but your wrath came,
and the time for the dead to be judged,
and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints,
and those who fear your name,
both small and great,
and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

Revelation of John 11:19: Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.​

Correct
The middle chapters of Revelation are not chronological, some chapters just provide greater detail of a previous chapter.

Hannah

I think many believe in signs and miracles but do not attribute them to Jesus Himself until they finally see Him physically coming down from the skies in the heavens. Like doubting Thomas they will not believe until they actually see.

Even when they see and know that the Lord God Himself is raining down judgement on the Earth, many will still Curse God and refuse to repent.

REV 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony 11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

I often think of this verse. By this time in the Tribulation there is no doubt that there is a God that mankind needs to repent and receive as their Lord (& Saviour). Yet in the misery they continue to be defiant. :crying

I often pray for the salvation of those who are going to experience the Tribulation. :((

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Even when they see and know that the Lord God Himself is raining down judgement on the Earth, many will still Curse God and refuse to repent.

REV 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony 11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

I often think of this verse. By this time in the Tribulation there is no doubt that there is a God that mankind needs to repent and receive as their Lord (& Saviour). Yet in the misery they continue to be defiant. :crying

I often pray for the salvation of those who are going to experience the Tribulation. :((
Things are definitely going to get worse before they get better. :pray:

Back