The three earthquakes of the seven-year tribulation

Hidden

Hello, guys. As I was reading the Word, I was inspired to look up how often the word "earthquake" is found in Revelation. The word earthquake in Greek is "seismos" and it occurs five times. But the two verses actually describes quaking in heaven associated with God's presence. So that leaves three earthquakes that happen on earth during the tribulation, namely:

First Earthquake - Revelation 6:12 - This happens upon the opening of the sixth seal, which caps the seal judgments. I believe all the seals are almost simultaneous and are early on in the tribulation.

Second Earthquake - Revelation 11:13 - This is right before the seventh trumpet, which means it caps all the trumpet judgments. Could this be right in the middle of the trib? Possible. This occurs in Jerusalem where a tenth of the city falls and seven thousand people are killed. As a result, people "were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven".

Third Earthquake - Revelation 16:18 - This is the last earthquake that concludes all the trib judgments.

"The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, “It is done!” And there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, and a great earthquake such as there had never been since man was on the earth, so great was that earthquake."

JSTyler

I'm gonna miss the mountains..never seen the Himalayas or the alps..or even the Rockies..can't imagine the earth without The Blue Ridge, Smokies or the Appalachians..I love the mountains..
Amen!
I don't know how the beach lovers or flatlander people can stand it. We aren't in the mountains but we have close access and still live in a very hilly region.

alisani

I'm gonna miss the mountains..never seen the Himalayas or the alps..or even the Rockies..can't imagine the earth without The Blue Ridge, Smokies or the Appalachians..I love the mountains..
I share your love for the mountains. I'm sandwiched between the blue ridge and the smokies and they give me such a sense of peace, such a sense of God's creativity and love poured out.

We won't have to miss them for long though, sister. We will have both a new heaven and a new earth and newly restored bodies, likely better able to see and experience God's beauty in ways unimaginable to us now.

Len

I live very close to lovely white sandy crystal clear blue water beaches and 15 minutes away from some lovely hilly bush country, nice short scenic motorcycle riding area ...... but I cannot wait to see what - eye hath not seen, nor ear heard or the mind of man can conceive what the Lord has prepared for us!!! please come quickly Lord Jesus!!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I live very close to lovely white sandy crystal clear blue water beaches and 15 minutes away from some lovely hilly bush country, nice short scenic motorcycle riding area ...... but I cannot wait to see what - eye hath not seen, nor ear heard or the mind of man can conceive what the Lord has prepared for us!!! please come quickly Lord Jesus!!

Awesome, you must get real estate agents hassling you to sell your house with a location like that

daygo

Absolutely fantastic would love some pictures. Understand that would be difficult.

dentndude2

Hello, guys. As I was reading the Word, I was inspired to look up how often the word "earthquake" is found in Revelation. The word earthquake in Greek is "seismos" and it occurs five times. But the two verses actually describes quaking in heaven associated with God's presence. So that leaves three earthquakes that happen on earth during the tribulation, namely:

First Earthquake - Revelation 6:12 - This happens upon the opening of the sixth seal, which caps the seal judgments. I believe all the seals are almost simultaneous and are early on in the tribulation.

Second Earthquake - Revelation 11:13 - This is right before the seventh trumpet, which means it caps all the trumpet judgments. Could this be right in the middle of the trib? Possible. This occurs in Jerusalem where a tenth of the city falls and seven thousand people are killed. As a result, people "were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven".

Third Earthquake - Revelation 16:18 - This is the last earthquake that concludes all the trib judgments.

"The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, “It is done!” And there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, and a great earthquake such as there had never been since man was on the earth, so great was that earthquake."
I've started writing a kind of "Left Behind" but I've tried to be really more realistic and campy about it. The prologue I wrote about the first earthquake was really eye opening to me in my study to make a fictional account closely tied to the Biblical account. It's going to be Earth shattering! And that's just the first one.

Wings Like Eagles

The most damaging quake of revelation in my opinion will be what is described in Rev. 16:20
New Living Translation
And every island disappeared, and all the mountains were leveled. Fairly certain there will be tsunami destruction from all the big quakes world wide, horrible conditions.
Jesus told us that if the days will not be shortened, "no flesh would be left alive." You get the idea that all those who belong to the world will be killed in the cataclysms. But, Revelation 12 indicates that God will protect those He desires to bring through the Tribulation. They will survive to replenish the earth and be restored, like all the rest of Creation, during the Millennial Kingdom. I always thought (and was taught) that the mortals who are brought through, would be taken to a place of safety here on earth, but that isn't necessarily so. Elijah was lifted off the earth in some kind of celestial vehicle.

Wings Like Eagles

The geological features like oceans, mountains, etc. are evidence of great cataclysms, visited on the Earth as a judgment for sin--such as the Flood. God softened them and made them beautiful for us. But, they are also frightening at times (ask anyone who climbs mountains or sails the seas) and God told us, through the Prophet Isaiah (chapter 65, verse 19) that, in the Millennial Kingdom, "...no more will the sound of weeping or crying be heard." And in verse 23, the text tells us that, "No longer will they labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the LORD, they and their descendants with them." He also told us that the "The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." (verse 17b) I don't think we will miss the oceans or mountains at all. :smile2