The Taliban Have Seized U.S. Military Biometrics Devices

GEOINTAnalyst

The Taliban have seized U.S. military biometrics devices that could aid in the identification of Afghans who assisted coalition forces, current and former military officials have told The Intercept.
The devices, known as HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment, were seized last week during the Taliban’s offensive, according to a Joint Special Operations Command official and three former U.S. military personnel, all of whom worried that sensitive data they contain could be used by the Taliban. HIIDE devices contain identifying biometric data such as iris scans and fingerprints, as well as biographical information, and are used to access large centralized databases. It’s unclear how much of the U.S. military’s biometric database on the Afghan population has been compromised.
https://theintercept.com/2021/08/17/afghanistan-taliban-military-biometrics/

bigmoose

Want rolling fleet did we leave behind?
Quite a substantial one from accounts. Here is a representative list I kept. I read the audit report of in country inventory from 2017/18 that was on the net and this list in mostly in line. Other reports vary a bit here and there... but WOW the magnitude of material left behind is ... in my mind criminal.

Here is a more complete list of US-supplied and left behind equipment list now controlled by Taliban:

-2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
-75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
-45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
-50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
-ScanEagle Military Drones
-30 Military Version Cessnas
-4 C-130’s
-29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft

=208+ Aircraft Total!!

-At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
-61,000 M203 Rounds
-20,040 Grenades
-Howitzers
-Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
-162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Comunications Gear
-16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
-Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
-Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
-10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
-Reconnaissance Equipment (ISR)
-Laser Aiming Units
-Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
-2,520 Bombs
-Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops ALL operational
-Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
-Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
-Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
-US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
-Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

seated with Christ

Quite a substantial one from accounts. Here is a representative list I kept. I read the audit report of in country inventory from 2017/18 that was on the net and this list in mostly in line. Other reports vary a bit here and there... but WOW the magnitude of material left behind is ... in my mind criminal.
Hanging is too good for those responsible up to Biden

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Sickening. The noose is around America's neck...placed there by this administration. LORD, help!!!!!

seated with Christ

They ought to make hunter pay for all the vehicles out of his blackmailed millions.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder if most of the military gear we "left behind" was considered to be the property of the Aghan Military forces which no longer exist.

It's really insane that all of the aircraft maintenance was done by outside contractors, so the Afghanis had no way to maintain their Air Force after fureners started departing the country.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I can't stand it so bad that I can't even read the posts here about it. Whatever happened to destroy/damage beyond any hope of use/repair everything instead of allowing anything to be captured by the enemy? Scorched earth like the Russians did in the face of Nazi advance would be better, but if not that, at least destroy the military equipment :tappingfoot

Aren't our intel guys smart enough/trained to evacuate or destroy sensitive/classified equipment and information anymore?!!! That used to be standard training for having access to/possession of classified information and materiel :tappingfoot

It isn't that hard if one knows how. Wonder if Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Merchant Marines are even taught this anymore? :eek

:soapbox :rant :furious :mad :wild :frust :cry

Last edited:

athenasius

It's true, I was hearing about it listening to Caroline Glick this morning. She gave details. She and her cohost Gavi Taub were sick about it.

rks7777

I have no words…this is mind boggling!