The Sword of The Lord...Living and Active

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
According to Hebrews 4:12, the Word of God is living and active. What exactly does that mean for the life of each believer on a personal and practical level?

antitox

There are so many ways. But an easy way to say it is it's alive and actively working within us to accomplish the sanctification process which we are going thru every day. The Word is actually ALIVE. When 2 Cor 4 states "though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day." Always working every day.. When it states that it pierces to the division of soul and spirit, the Word makes that distinction always. For man himself muddies everything up asserting on his own what is right and good and what isn't. The Word makes the clear distinction of what it true and what is not in absolute purity and truth. We need this desperately. When it says it's sharper than any two-edged sword I get two things: 1. It cuts EXACTLY, with perfect accuracy. 2. It can penetrate ANYTHING. I've always loved Heb 4:12 because it states how effortless and how powerful the very utterance of God is. Unstoppable.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
There are so many ways. But an easy way to say it is it's alive and actively working within us to accomplish the sanctification process which we are going thru every day. The Word is actually ALIVE. When 2 Cor 4 states "though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day." Always working every day.. When it states that it pierces to the division of soul and spirit, the Word makes that distinction always. For man himself muddies everything up asserting on his own what is right and good and what isn't. The Word makes the clear distinction of what it true and what is not in absolute purity and truth. We need this desperately. When it says it's sharper than any two-edged sword I get two things: 1. It cuts EXACTLY, with perfect accuracy. 2. It can penetrate ANYTHING. I've always loved Heb 4:12 because it states how effortless and how powerful the very utterance of God is. Unstoppable.
What a glorious reality it is!

Back