The Struggling Christian

nillapoet

I got this in the rapture forums newsletter and thought I'd post it here for those that missed it. With trying to get my christian shirts up and running and really feeling pushed to witness, I've been also really feeling attacked. Glad to see it's not just me.

Pre-Rapture Commentary: The Struggling Christian

Any pastor worth his salt will tell you that when preaching upon certain subjects the forces of hell come at them. For example, when proclaiming what Satan is really like, one is attacked. When proclaiming the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, or that Jesus is the only way to the Father, or it is by grace we are saved and not of works, Satan throws all he can against us. In other words, when proclaiming the Truth of God, whatever it may be, Satan hates it. When he sees a Christian who is living for God, he wants to destroy them, or at the least, destroy their witness. It is extremely important to be dead sure however, that we are in the Lord’s will, and it is for this reason we are being attacked.

If you are in God’s will, be prepared to be attacked by all the forces of hell. It will come.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
It will come ... but do not fear. He who called you is faithful to His every promise. He has won the victory once and for all over Satan (as if there were any doubt) at the Cross! And as we are in Christ we are secure from Satan's harm. There will be rivers of tribulation, but the water will not overflow our heads; there will be fiery trials, but the flames will not even scorch us! Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord!

Hannah

JN 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

:yeah:

Meg

These things come so that we may be strengthened. Oh yes it can be and often is frightening, intimidating and just plain very hard, but these things are also a call to prayer and Bible study that opens the way to a deeply profound understanding of the Lord our God among other things. Trials of that magnitude do tend to illuminate how precious the Word of God is in its vast entirety, for which I repeatedly give thanks. We were not called to sit in a padded chair, but rather to take an armed stand in the Word and in Christ...