The Seed of Satan?

Wings Like Eagles

Pride IMO is the number one reason. He believes he can somehow pull off a last minute victory.
To me, the main reason is that he knows that God must yet fulfill His promise to give Israel the Millennial Kingdom and he is hoping that he may be able to somehow prevent that fulfillment and forestall his permanent confinement in the Lake of Fire. Faith tells us that it will go exactly as it is written, but, then, Satan doesn't believe God.

Andy C

To me, the main reason is that he knows that God must yet fulfill His promise to give Israel the Millennial Kingdom and he is hoping that he may be able to somehow prevent that fulfillment and forestall his permanent confinement in the Lake of Fire. Faith tells us that it will go exactly as it is written, but, then, Satan doesn't believe God.
What you posted, is not that pride inspired by him thinking he can thwart the will of God??

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I think it has been said that Satan's pride was the first sin. So, that all seems to be about right.

I tend to think along with others that Satan believes that if he can foil God's plans then God won't be able to follow through with his sentence and punishment on him. But like everything else when it comes to God, you (us, we, Satan, and all the rest of them) will lose big time when we go up against Him. :nod

Our Daddy is the UNDEFEATED AND OLYMPIC CHAMPION of the UNIVERSE!!!!! :yay :lol :thumbup

:whisper (can you tell I've been watching too much of the Olympics??!!!) :lol

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
If Satan knows the scriptures then he knows he can't win! He knows his future, a defeated angel that will be tormented day and night.

So why does he continue the fight? To kill and destroy as many of of those made in the image of God.
It's just simply his pride, his pride has caused him to be delusional to think that he can still overcome God's plans.

The irony and funny thing s that God can use his plans to also fufil God's plans which must really annoy Satan LOL

Batman

I think the correct vibe on Satan is that he is full of hate and rebellion with no compromise so he rages every minute that earth ticks along; and he knows his time to steal away souls is limited and getting less and less every day.

Andy C

Yep, that's what 1 Corinthians 2:8 tells us.
From Jack, which I agree with

Question: I am trying to piece together from Scripture what Satan understood of Jesus’ purpose in taking a human body and living among us. I understand that Satan knew who Jesus was. In Matthew 8:29, the demons call Jesus Son of God. I also understand from 1 Corinthians 2:8 that Satan didn’t know what Jesus would accomplish on the cross. I have to believe since Jesus told His disciples many times that He would die and be raised the third day, that Satan also knew this. So what did Satan understand of Jesus’ mission?

Answer: The Bible doesn’t reveal the extent of Satan’s knowledge, although it’s safe to assume he knew everything in the Old Testament. But we can also assume Satan did not understand the extent to which the Lord’s death would deal with our sins. It carried the potential to completely erase the consequences of all the sins of mankind, from the first man to the last (Colossians 2:13-14). Its power to pardon us is limited only by our willingness to accept it. In effect, Paul said if Satan had understood this he would have done everything possible to prevent the crucifixion (1 Cor. 2:8).

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/what-did-satan-understand/

Wings Like Eagles

Interestingly, Satan likely remembered the prophecy from Daniel 9 about "the Anointed One" who is "cut off" (killed) and "appears to have accomplished nothing" but, he forgot the other passages from the other prophets. Satan probably thought he had gained the victory in crucifying Jesus the Messiah of Israel. The only thing is that when Jesus was Resurrected, that was the decisive victory over Satan.

Andy C

Yep, that's what 1 Corinthians 2:8 tells us.
My point up thread was satan knows the bible. At the time of the death of Jesus, the dark one knew the Old Testament but had no way of knowing about what the death of Jesus would bring about. Satan has now had almost 2000 years to read and understand the New Testament. He twists the knowledge he has learned from the Word to fool susceptible people.

Wings Like Eagles

One wonders why Satan did not catch the significance of John the Baptist naming Jesus as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world". Perhaps, the evil one thought that God could not possibly be generous enough to forgive sinners based on faith alone. Perhaps that is why he always wars against the notion of "grace through faith" in Jesus alone.