The release of 1 billion genetically modified mosquitoes has begun in the U.S.

Lovin Jesus

Tens of thousands of male mosquitoes are being released into the wild in Florida. But these are no ordinary mosquitoes: They are genetically modified, and they are being released specifically throughout the state. It’s part of a plan to fight disease by releasing 1 billion mosquitoes across two states, but it gives some people the creeps.

Workers placed boxes of mosquito eggs — two on Kujou Key, one on Ramrod Key and three on Waka Key — on Thursday, and expect them to hatch in about a week. They will repeat this process over the next months, releasing 12,000 mosquitoes a week for 12 weeks. A total of 144,000 mosquitoes is disgusting.
For more
https://www.technicalripon.com/tech/the-release-of-1-billion-exterminator-mosquitoes-has-begun/

Related article
Scientists sound warning about release of GM mosquitoes in US
Details
Published: 12 June 2020

"It is time to reassess risk assessment for GM mosquitoes"

EXCERPT: There is a potential bias and conflict of interest when experimental trials and assessments of ecological risk lack political accountability and are performed by, or in close collaboration with, the technology developers. This scenario becomes more troubling with a for-profit technology company when cost- and risk-benefit analyses comparing GM mosquitoes with other approaches aren’t being conducted.

Read more
https://gmwatch.org/en/news/latest-...-warning-about-release-of-gm-mosquitoes-in-us

Lynn

Longing for Home
This scenario becomes more troubling with a for-profit technology company when cost- and risk-benefit analyses comparing GM mosquitoes with other approaches aren’t being conducted
This is just one more step in the process of getting the world ready for the tribulation. The article states that this GMO experiment could possibly backfire and result in new & different, even more troublesome mosquito populations.
PS: The more signs we see of the approaching tribulation, the less time remains for the Church to be present on the earth.

Batman

It's hard to believe that such smart people are so stupid. I also believe the GMO experimentation has reached havoc on humans that consume the plant and animal foods involved so this mosquito "experiment" makes me additionally suspicious that they have no clue what will result and really don't care. I'm sure it's not going to be good, one way or another.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think they're targetting specific mosquito varieties that tend to transmit serious diseases. Mosquitos are food source for bats and many birds, and for some insects like yellow jackets and dragon flies. Each plays a roll of some type in the ecosystem that God gave us. Looking at headlines it appears that up to 750 million genetically altered mosquitos may be released in Florida between 2021 and 2022. As a percentage of the natural mosquito population, I don't know how those numbers compare, but it's probably a much smaller number than natural mosquitos. In Alaska I think we have trillions of mosquitos, and sometimes it seems they're all in the same approximate area where I am.

Govmint agencies estimate the numbers of every kind of wild animal in an area but I don't think I've ever seen estimates for insects.

JSTyler

Think of all the invasive species that have been "introduced" into non-typical, non-host countries or ecosystems that have wreaked havoc. Around here they released coyotes to deal with the native deer population and now the coyotes are a major problem (besides their penchant for thinning the cat population :wink ) for famers and herd farmers. They have released hybrid rockfish and white perch into local rivers and reservoirs, thus thinning the native populations of crappie, trout, shad and others.

Anyone ever hear of kudzu, Johnson grass, snakeheads, zebra muscles etcetera?

And the worst of the worst of invasive species...they are releasing loony-dem-prog-libs from blue regions into red regions, which is destroying what remains of reasonable society. It never stops!

JSTyler

Th
Kudzu, the Most wicked vine I have ever come across, I had a lawn care company for years and never had to deal with it. But it happens to show up periodically in my back yard , you never want to handle it without good leather gloves, and I burn it when it's removed.
The first time I traveled "down south", I was amazed to see the kudzu covered everything. At first I thought it looked kind of cool...then awful, just awful. Here, we fight rampant poison ivy, sumac and oak along with this strange variety of aggressive raspberry that has a horrible flavor and thorns like barbed wire.

I guess we won't have to worry about it all soon as we'll be driven forever indoors by covid carrying mutant mosquitoes.

Misty S

Kudzu, the Most wicked vine I have ever come across, I had a lawn care company for years and never had to deal with it. But it happens to show up periodically in my back yard , you never want to handle it without good leather gloves, and I burn it when it's removed.
We have it bad here as well. Our town let it take over an entire mountain side. It has been lost since I was a child.

Chet K

Are these "new" mosquitoes cannibals, will they feed off each other? If so, then I'm all for it! If not then, probably not the best of ideas........

Lovin Jesus

It's hard to believe that such smart people are so stupid. I also believe the GMO experimentation has reached havoc on humans that consume the plant and animal foods involved so this mosquito "experiment" makes me additionally suspicious that they have no clue what will result and really don't care. I'm sure it's not going to be good, one way or another.
Those people need GMO brains since the ones or lack of are causing more harm than good. But then they know that.

Lovin Jesus

Think of all the invasive species that have been "introduced" into non-typical, non-host countries or ecosystems that have wreaked havoc. Around here they released coyotes to deal with the native deer population and now the coyotes are a major problem (besides their penchant for thinning the cat population :wink ) for famers and herd farmers. They have released hybrid rockfish and white perch into local rivers and reservoirs, thus thinning the native populations of crappie, trout, shad and others.

Anyone ever hear of kudzu, Johnson grass, snakeheads, zebra muscles etcetera?

And the worst of the worst of invasive species...they are releasing loony-dem-prog-libs from blue regions into red regions, which is destroying what remains of reasonable society. It never stops!
check out this link....
Excerpts taken from article

OCTOBER 7, 2019
10 Experiments That Have Created Real Human-Animal Hybrids

The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota injected human stem cells into fetuses and successfully created the first pig with half-human blood flowing through its veins.

In 2017, they created 186 embryos for a pig-human hybrid, and right now, they’re working on a sheep-human hybrid. Every creature they make is only allowed to develop for 28 days. Then it’s destroyed.

In 2010, researchers at the Salk Institute created a mouse with an almost entirely human liver. Then they injected the animal with every disease they could.

There's more
https://listverse.com/2018/06/25/10-experiments-that-have-created-real-human-animal-hybrids/

JSTyler

check out this link....
Excerpts taken from article

OCTOBER 7, 2019
10 Experiments That Have Created Real Human-Animal Hybrids

The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota injected human stem cells into fetuses and successfully created the first pig with half-human blood flowing through its veins.

In 2017, they created 186 embryos for a pig-human hybrid, and right now, they’re working on a sheep-human hybrid. Every creature they make is only allowed to develop for 28 days. Then it’s destroyed.

In 2010, researchers at the Salk Institute created a mouse with an almost entirely human liver. Then they injected the animal with every disease they could.

There's more
https://listverse.com/2018/06/25/10-experiments-that-have-created-real-human-animal-hybrids/
Someone up-thread said it already, but... What could possibly go wrong?

Horror writers like Koontz, King and others have in their misguided way given fair warning about this sort of sick experimentation. Even knowing they they are creating schlock fantasy, you have to wonder if there's some vein of truth that runs through the common topics of "killer virus" or mutant strain of something-or-other, that wipes out a significant portion of the human race. Maybe just america?