The Rapture: Who gets taken?

RandallB: Thank you for sharing! I love the part where you said that our relationship with Jesus can be restored by asking for forgiveness. I find that so encouraging!

RandallB

RandallB: Thank you for sharing! I love the part where you said that our relationship with Jesus can be restored by asking for forgiveness. I find that so encouraging!

You are absolutely correct -- It is very encouraging!

Even in the "After we are Saved" or "Sanctification" portion of our lives, "Works" do not help with the sin issue. We are not asked to do more stuff, count more beads, climb more stairs on our knees, or even help more homeless people in order to repair the sin issue with the Lord.

Good Works (except the beads & stairs stuff) are part of our growth with the Lord. Good Works are important ... in fact they are commanded by the Lord for our growth, -- Love One Another is one of them. And they are rewarded at the Bema Seat but only the ones done in the power of the Holy Spirit and for the Glory of the Lord.

The sin and the resulting relationship issue with the Lord are only taken care of by our changing our minds (yet again) about it (repenting) and asking the Lord for forgiveness.

It is our flesh that keeps wanting to put our own efforts into the equation. Trying to make it so the the Lord owes us forgiveness somehow.

mattfivefour

Randall, you have just summarized the Message of the Cross. We are sanctified the same way we are saved-- by faith alone in what Christ finished at Calvary. Everything we need was provided for us at the Cross. And we appropriate it to ourselves through the working of the Holy Spirit when we maintain our faith in Christ's finished work there.

AndyM

Saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ
Awesome thread in Christ. Praise God for His Grace for me a sinner. :yeah:

Back