The Rapture & Heaven.

Rez63

How many of us here on the Forums have made the statement in a post, at Church/ bible study, to our spouse or kids , " I'm ready for the Rapture and want to go home to Heaven. Come get your Bride LORD, we're sick of this place"?
I would guess most, if not all have either made this statement or at least prayed it.

I say it all the time.

But recently I have been thinking of what it really means when the
"EVENT" ( the Rapture) happens.
I don't think we REALLY comprehend what is going to take place.
I mean, we " KNOW" , thru Scripture what's going to happen; the changing of our bodies into new ones, the timing of the Rapture ( pre-Trib), Trumpets, shouts etc.
But have we considered the implications of the Rapture? Or really grasped where we are headed ?

We're NOT going to Disneyland. Nor is this going to be a very nice,round the world vacation. We're not JUST going to a wedding!
We are going to another dimension! A place that exsists outside our 3 dimensional realm. The spiritual dimension! A place way beyond our 5 senses. Sights, sounds, smells we have never experienced before!!

We will have brand new bodies!!! No more corrupt, dying, wore out, old ones. But new!!

No more SIN!! No more hate, selfishness, me first, fleshly yucky, us!

We're going to see family again. But not only that, we will see people we have only read about..Noah, King David, the Apostles etc. We will see Angles! !

And best of all, we will see GOD!!!!!
Face to face, in the flesh, pierced hands and feet JESUS! !

And as I watch the world today thru the lens of bible prophecy, I see how close we truly are to all of this coming to pass. And I just stand in awe!! I have trouble really grasping what we are looking at!!

Our response to this should be one of what John spoke of in John 3:1-3. Keep ourselves pure.
And we need to keep preaching the Gospel! ! Lets plunder Hell and Populate Heaven !!!!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
:)I think about going home everyday, and how much I am looking forward to seeing Jesus:fish. It is going to be more beautiful then any place we have ever seen. We have a description of golden streets, gates of pearl, and different gem stones in Revelation:readbible. There will be no sickness, death, sadness, and most importantly no sin! I am hoping he is coming in the clouds :rapturesoon to get us. Oh what a glorious day that will be.:yeah Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!:thumbsup:thumbsup

ReadyforSupper

How many of us here on the Forums have made the statement in a post, at Church/ bible study, to our spouse or kids , " I'm ready for the Rapture and want to go home to Heaven. Come get your Bride LORD, we're sick of this place"?
ME ME! I say it every day. I don't stop witnessing though...in fact I find myself gearing up as time goes by. (right now I have an Israeli woman trolling me on fb, but I'm able to use the OT scriptures to answer her every question or accusation, thank You Lord for Your Word, which is sharper than any two edged sword!)

I do know this...we won't think of this world one second more, once we hear "Come up here"!!! We'll no longer suffer for the lost, we won't be scared for what's going to happen to Israel once "the good men of the earth have perished and none walk upright) Micah 7 something.

We won't cry over long lost loved ones or old sick pets or or or...We'll be fully focused on our Redeemer!

Thanks for this thread Rez!:bighug

63ProStreet

But have we considered the implications of the Rapture? Or really grasped where we are headed ?
Not fully, no, but we as human beings have the ability to dream what its going to be like by what we have seen in drawings and paintings or movies and also by what some people have said and witnessed. Don Piper who wrote the book 90 Minutes in Heaven came to my friends church to speak. I had read the book prior to seeing him. Just about all the credible stories I have heard about seeing heaven and returning to earth have one thing in common. They basically say the same thing. And so I can picture what they are saying in my own mind. However, I think its going to be way over the top! One of the things Don Piper said is that on earth, when we look at the sun we have to squint because we cannot look at it directly. In heaven he said, you are able to look at pure light and take it all in with our heavenly eyes! There are millions of colors that we don't even know exist in heaven. The music is breathtaking and all of our senses are elevated to a height we never knew existed! The feeling of euphoria surrounds you constantly. Who would you not want to tell about that? If it was a place on earth we could visit for free for one week we would shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone we know through social media, phone calls, emails and door to door! But because its in heaven, we are silent. Why do you think that is?

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

There is going to be AWESOME for Jesus' kids, and total TERROR on earth. That breaks my heart, but when the rapture does happen, here is ONE Princess (I'm a child of The King which makes me a Princess) who is going to be sooooooooo happy! I look for it happening every day! It just gives us something to look forward to! :rapture

livin_in_the_Son

My husband and I were just talking about this last night. It's amazing to me what people think about privately when they think about the Rapture and heaven etc. I *believe* that some people who aren't excited for the Rapture, may not be so worldly as they are often condemned, but maybe they might be apprehensive about standing before the Lord in judgment. Not out of fear of losing their salvation, but more because they know that they aren't doing all that they could be for the Lord. JMO... something that I've been mulling over the last few days.

Of course, there are some who don't want the Rapture to take place because they ARE worldly.

DavidB123

It is going to be wonderful to finally see Jesus face-to-face in His unfiltered glory. It is going to be more glorious than we can imagine. Someone asked me what Heaven will be like and I said, "It's like describing the color red to a blind man who was born blind and has never seen color. How would you do that?" It's the same way with heaven. There is nothing in our experience that serves as an adequate point of reference. It is going to be beyond anything that we have ever experienced.

I want to take as many people with me as I can. I can't help sharing it with others. The pain and sorrow we know down here in this wilderness will be a drop in the bucket compared with what is waiting for us in Heaven. I get happy just thinking about finally looking upon the face of Jesus and being able to thank Him face to face for what He has done for me. :)

Much agape love!!

Rez63

It is going to be wonderful to finally see Jesus face-to-face in His unfiltered glory. It is going to be more glorious than we can imagine. Someone asked me what Heaven will be like and I said, "It's like describing the color red to a blind man who was born blind and has never seen color. How would you do that?" It's the same way with heaven. There is nothing in our experience that serves as an adequate point of reference. It is going to be beyond anything that we have ever experienced.

I want to take as many people with me as I can. I can't help sharing it with others. The pain and sorrow we know down here in this wilderness will be a drop in the bucket compared with what is waiting for us in Heaven. I get happy just thinking about finally looking upon the face of Jesus and being able to thank Him face to face for what He has done for me. :)

Much agape love!!
Amen brother!!!!

Patiently...

Multiple times daily. Sometimes I try to think about all the wonderful things waiting for us. The people we'll see, what we may do, how we'll interact with Jesus etc. But you know what? I LOVE a surprise so even though there is no way of knowing what it will be like it's exciting just because of that!