The Rapid Decline of American Morality

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The Rapid Decline of American Morality
By Tim Moore

How should Christians deal with the rapid decline of morality?

Tim Moore:
To help us answer that question, we sought out Lamb & Lion Ministries’ founder, Dr. David Reagan.

The United States demonstrates quite a lot of parallels with ancient Israel. For example, some think that our country is progressing, meaning the ironically-termed Progressives, though we Christians know that in truth we are regressing down the wrong path and so need to back up to get back to where we ought to be. Atheists think that mankind is evolving into a higher state of consciousness, but we know that we are devolving morally.

So, Dave, what do you believe will be the next shoe to drop in this country as we continue to head down this wrong path into a more pagan secular society?

David Reagan: Every time I say it couldn’t get any worse, it gets worse. That’s because the driving momentum right now that the Progressives are pushing is their obsession with sex. They are strenuously attempting to legitimize every form of sexual deviancy that was ever dreamed of. And so, I believe the next big push is going to be the legalization of pedophiles. They’re already talking about the fact that we need legislation to make it legal for pedophiles to have sex with “consenting” children. Consenting children, as if there was ever such a thing!

Tim Moore: The Left has been pushing for the autonomy of children so that their parents cannot make decisions for their own children.

David Reagan: They’ve got a good argument in a sense. The fundamental argument that homosexuals have used to say that they are legitimately okay and that they need more laws protecting them is the fact that “God made us this way.” They claim they are just doing what God made them do. Well, they’ll make the same argument for pedophiles. They can just say, “Well, God made me this way, so having sex with minors must be okay.”

One could say the same thing about being a thief or being an adulterer. But, that’s never an excuse! God does not make people commit what is contrary to His moral law.

Tim Moore: Quite frankly, listening to the language being uttered by our various national leaders, even as they embrace what I call the Disrespect for Marriage Act, they claim “love is love” and so anyone’s “love” cannot be challenged or judged. We just have to embrace it.

So, the legalization of pedophilia — that is the next big sin that the Left will champion. I would agree.

David Reagan: I keep thinking about what happened about a year or so ago when a congressman from Florida stood up on the floor of Congress in the House of Representatives and he said that he was opposed to a bill they were trying to pass through concerning transgenderism. He said that transgenderism is a violation of God’s Word. Immediately, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, a congressman from New York named Jerry Nadler, stood up and basically said, “This Congress is not interested in what any god has got to say.” Can you believe that? God and His Word have been fundamental to the lawmaking of the United States since well before its foundation. America has certainly forgotten God!

Tim Moore: Note what it says on the dais above the Speaker of the House’s podium, “In God we Trust.” Jerry Nadler seems to have forgotten our nation’s motto.

David Reagan: Back in the 1950s, Congress passed a law accepting the introduction of “One Nation Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, and they also selected “One Nation Under God” as the formal motto of the United States. Today, if you tried to get that approved through Congress today they would laugh at you. America’s moral decline has been happening so fast.

Standing for Righteousness​

Tim Moore: How then do Christians in this era of descending darkness recognize apostasy and stand for righteousness?

David Reagan: It’s very important as a Christian, first of all, to be in the Word. They also need to be in prayer every day. Sadly, most Christians just don’t get into the Bible very much so they just don’t know the Word. It’s one of the reasons that same-sex marriage has been accepted by many churches almost overnight and particularly among young people because they don’t know the Word.

So, yes we need to stand for righteousness. Jesus said that we are to be salt and light in the world. If we aren’t salt and light then nobody else will be. I tell people, “Pray for God to put an issue on your heart.” Realistically, you cannot go out and fight against every social issue. It’s just too much. Instead, ask God to place an issue on your heart. It might be fighting abortion. It might be fighting homosexuality being taught to minors. It might be to call an end to the out-of-control national debt. Whatever the cause may be, focus your activities on that.

For example, if you are called to fight against abortion, then God may call you to do different things. He may call you to write to the newspaper. He may call you to support a congressman who’s against abortion and is running for office. Volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center. Go out there and demonstrate against the killing of babies. Whatever it may be, ask God to show you what to do, and He will show you. Then, go and do it!

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/the-rapid-decline-of-american-morality/

lismore

Hello! When thinking of morality in our day I always think of this bible passage: Then another king, who knew nothing of Joseph, arose over Egypt (Exodus 1:8). A generational shift led to God's people being persecuted. When I was in High School in the 90s there was a generation growing up there who knew nothing of biblical Christianity, no absolutes, another generation has grown up since then. We're at the stage when the A/C would be welcomed by society because generations have grown up with no solid foundation. God Bless You All :)

DWB

I keep saying this, and I hate to it, but the only hope for Christians in America is for the nation to split. How, I have no idea, but the left is only going to continue to go further left and try and force Christians to live according to their guidelines. They hate us, hate God, and hate this nation formed by God loving people.

The only remedy is let the crazies be crazy and the sane be sane. There is no middle ground anymore. We are past the point of compromise. They left has crossed the line and will not be reigned in, only further into the sewer will they go.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Opinion,

It escalated as we removed the Bible as the fundamental teaching tool.

As the Word became marginalized, more and more abandoned it.
Skepticism attacked the authority, and pragmatism trumped the functionality as we moved to a faster pace of I need results now.

New thinking entered schools and seminaries echoing the original challenge: Did God really say?

And as hearts grew colder, and passions for all things worldly increased, new opportunities allowed satanic inroads.

And with online services available in the privacy of one's own home, nothing hurt anybody so why call anything evil.
Besides I'm entitled to my own opinion.

And with mankind so centered on self, satan and his minions have eased into this world, if only to whisper and tantalize.

Like the tide slowly drawing the shore under the waves,
Like the rivers and streams carving the land or swollen with rains to carry the land to sea
Like the ice and flora slowly cracking and wearing down the most solid of rock

bit by bit, fleck by fleck,

sin is persistent.

Forgive us our trespasses Lord, and let us forgive others in the same way.

But God's love is far greater in breadth and power. Do not be carried away by the dilution of satan.

Be carried in the arms of Truth. And learn to walk with Him in the Word every day, each moment.

SJ129

Opinion,

It escalated as we removed the Bible as the fundamental teaching tool.

As the Word became marginalized, more and more abandoned it.
Skepticism attacked the authority, and pragmatism trumped the functionality as we moved to a faster pace of I need results now.

New thinking entered schools and seminaries echoing the original challenge: Did God really say?

And as hearts grew colder, and passions for all things worldly increased, new opportunities allowed satanic inroads.

And with online services available in the privacy of one's own home, nothing hurt anybody so why call anything evil.
Besides I'm entitled to my own opinion.

And with mankind so centered on self, satan and his minions have eased into this world, if only to whisper and tantalize.

Like the tide slowly drawing the shore under the waves,
Like the rivers and streams carving the land or swollen with rains to carry the land to sea
Like the ice and flora slowly cracking and wearing down the most solid of rock

bit by bit, fleck by fleck,

sin is persistent.

Forgive us our trespasses Lord, and let us forgive others in the same way.

But God's love is far greater in breadth and power. Do not be carried away by the dilution of satan.

Be carried in the arms of Truth. And learn to walk with Him in the Word every day, each moment.
I’ve done a bit of research on education, and found out that in 1963, a law was passed in the US forbidding the mention of God in public school textbooks. We see where that got us. I’ll be homeschooling my youngest next year, and we are always looking for classic literature published prior to 1963. Books are being changed (just like definitions- look up “education” in Webster 1828 dictionary vs today!!). Old, Physical books are a treasure, because they cannot be changed, unlike all the digital platforms that public school are relying on to indoctrinate the youth of America.

NewWine2020

I’ve done a bit of research on education, and found out that in 1963, a law was passed in the US forbidding the mention of God in public school textbooks. We see where that got us. I’ll be homeschooling my youngest next year, and we are always looking for classic literature published prior to 1963. Books are being changed (just like definitions- look up “education” in Webster 1828 dictionary vs today!!). Old, Physical books are a treasure, because they cannot be changed, unlike all the digital platforms that public school are relying on to indoctrinate the youth of America.

Good for you. The Public school is now nothing more than an entity for political indoctrination of our most vulnerable. Parent's who can and do homeschool will be blessed and not have to spend their time countering the sick propaganda the left shoves down their kids throats (often in secret).

Jaybird

People were wondering why anybody still thinks the Demoncrat in Chief is doing a good job. I mentioned the average IQ drop, but I hesitated to say “moral values” drop - I believe the moral foundation is the more significant. At my age I can only help children at a private Christian school understand their courses better, with NO evolutionary teaching, Woke agenda, etc. It’s my only way of fighting the darkness.
The only answer why anyone would think the Demonrats in any type of government position are doing a good job is this: Romans 1:28-32

"And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful: who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practice them."

Only a reprobate or debased mind can think this way!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Hello! When thinking of morality in our day I always think of this bible passage: Then another king, who knew nothing of Joseph, arose over Egypt (Exodus 1:8). A generational shift led to God's people being persecuted. When I was in High School in the 90s there was a generation growing up there who knew nothing of biblical Christianity, no absolutes, another generation has grown up since then. We're at the stage when the A/C would be welcomed by society because generations have grown up with no solid foundation. God Bless You All :)

I was in grade school when the Bible and prayer were taken out :mad

Sadly, my my siblings never got to see what it was like to start the school day with public, corporate, Christian prayer and a Bible reading led by the Teacher. Or the prayer before milk break, etc. Or have to stand on a step stool to reach the giant Bible on the reading stand on the counter. Although, they might have gotten to experience this with the giant unabridged dictionary that was on the reading stand next to the Bible (or where the Bible had been)

The day after they took prayer and the big Bibles out of school, us kids all brought our own Bibles and we took turns reading the Bible and leading the prayer. One of the Jewish kids brought his Torah scroll. It was very beautiful and he used to sing it when he read out of it. We'd call that chanting now.

The Teacher would sometimes block the door so no one could see into the classroom and see what we were doing.

Underground church, public school style! :lol

Andy C

David Reagan: It’s very important as a Christian, first of all, to be in the Word. They also need to be in prayer every day. Sadly, most Christians just don’t get into the Bible very much so they just don’t know the Word. It’s one of the reasons that same-sex marriage has been accepted by many churches almost overnight and particularly among young people because they don’t know the Word.
Sad, but true. Very few feed on His Word daily as part of their diet. Any slick speaking pastor can fool the biblically uneducated in their flocks.

It took me decades to finally turn to Him, and it will take decades more of studying His Word to keep growing as a Christian.

Carl

What else was going on in the country when they unplugged the schools from God? As I was growing the general public seemed to care about my upbringing. People wanted children to grow up with manners and caring for others. Now you can't even chastise a child without someone berating the person for trying to correct a child.
What was going on in government?
WW2 22 years before. Korean war 12 years prior. Current income tax started with the ratification of the 16th amendment in 1913. But congress had been trying to enact a national tax for years prior to that.

Is there one thread of happenings that connects national attitude of removing God from the public forum?

Carl

Footsteps it is true that prayer removal was significant, but what even caused someone to think of removal of prayer? What was going on in that persons mind and why? Just like the point I was trying to make with Jane Fonda about her childhood experiences.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
The number one reason for the decline in morality in America and the world abroad is no fear of the LORD.
No relationship with Jesus Christ.
No solid/stable foundation predicated upon The Word of God.

Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life ,
to depart from the snares of death.

To much thoughts, opinions, theories, and not enough , thus saith the Lord... in the world.
To many relying on self and others , and not the Lord.
To much "my way" .

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man,
but the end thereof are the ways of death.

No deep thought or meditation needed to realize why this country is in the state that it is in.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
What else was going on in the country when they unplugged the schools from God? As I was growing the general public seemed to care about my upbringing. People wanted children to grow up with manners and caring for others. Now you can't even chastise a child without someone berating the person for trying to correct a child.
What was going on in government?
WW2 22 years before. Korean war 12 years prior. Current income tax started with the ratification of the 16th amendment in 1913. But congress had been trying to enact a national tax for years prior to that.

Is there one thread of happenings that connects national attitude of removing God from the public forum?

Social zeitgeist.

Older generations that had been through much hardship and horror dying out and passing knowledge and attitudes to their children. Greatest Generation, Silent Generation, and Baby Boomers. Boomers got the knowledge and important parts of the attitudes, but as with Adam and Eve, got their eyes opened (apple vs rapidly changing technology)

1960, The Pill became available, which reduced the size of most families and gave women more freedom.

Starting with that little, half generation that was born 1960-1965 or so that isn't Baby Boomer and isn't GenX, and doesn't really fit in with either, so kind of adrift and disconnected on both ends. Never had prayer or the Bible in (public school), too young to remember JFK, RFK, Malcolm X, and MLK assassinations, Cuban Missile Crisis, everyday preparedness for nuclear war (duck and cover, actual civil defense drills, stocked and maintained fallout shelters, etc.), height of the space race (Sputnik, Soyez, Mercury, and Gemini), the U2 incident, JFK's "We Choose to go to the moon" speech, most too young to remember the moon landing, most too young to remember Tet Offensive, Woodstock, summer of love, etc. Most didn't have a lot of contact with the Greatest Generation or Silent Generation except on holidays etc. and that obviously continued with GenX, etc.

Etc.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Madalyn Murray O’hair! She was a vitriolic atheist whose son was being taught scripture in school. She was a determined activist who attracted enough support to get a Supreme Court ruling in her favor. She was murdered and stuffed in an oil drum.
Her son became a Christian.
O’hair got prayer removed from public school. It has been downhill ever since. Our President says his son is the smartest man he knows. Maybe he’s right - both are free to lie, cheat, abuse women, sell influence, strangle our pipelines, blow our emergency oil reserves, abandon our military, buddy up with enemies, and reduce us to a laughingstock, without penalty.
I wonder how things worked out for Madalyn??
Something about God will not be mocked.

Back