The Rapid Decline of American Morality

SJ129

Also add the colleges to the list of educational institutions indoctrinating rather than teaching.
Which then filters down to all professions “taught” in these universities (just look at education, the medical profession, science, etc). A student will be like his teacher once finished. Sad state of affairs.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Actually the moral decay started when public schools started!

Public schools used to teach reading using the KJV Bible. The old Webster's unabridged dictionary did a lot for standardizing modern American English spelling, and the definitions agreed with what the Bible said. The old McGuffey's Readers were also Christian.

Public schools used to be a great addition to our country and society, in that everyone learned a common set of morals (based on the Ten Commandments), a common language (English), strong work ethic (homework!), respect for one another, elders, leaders, and the country, and expected decorum, behavior, customs, and courtesy. Children learned Reading, (w)Riting, and (a)Rithmetic in the Primary grades, and as the kids grew, geography, history, civics (including the Constitution, etc.), and basic science and technology. Along the way, practical stuff like hygiene, money, sharing, teamwork, leadership, etc.

When God was removed from the public schools, they went the way of everything else when God is removed: to Hell :cry

soundingthealarm

Psalms 9:15-20 NKJ

The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught. The Lord is known by the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
Meditation. Selah
The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord, That the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah

It seems like we are witnessing this taking place across the globe, Israel in utter chaos .....JESUS COME QUICKLY ...Bless Israel and bring Peace to Jerusalem.

penbrat

There's a popular song out now by a praise group (I don't keep up with the names - sorry) but it has a line in it that says "things aren't falling apart they are falling into place" which I try to remember. God said these things would have to come to pass but I sure never dreamed I would still be here to see some of these things we are seeing.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
There's a popular song out now by a praise group (I don't keep up with the names - sorry) but it has a line in it that says "things aren't falling apart they are falling into place" which I try to remember. God said these things would have to come to pass but I sure never dreamed I would still be here to see some of these things we are seeing.
What would really be interesting is if we are alive and remain to be raptured :rapture without dying on this earth. Jan Markell is the one I remember saying "things aren't falling apart they are falling into place."

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Just Be Held ( Casting Crowns)

Endangered

I have been watching CSI, the original, which is set in Las Vegas.
Hookers and crime are rampant with no respect for human life. And gambling is.most likely a sin to God. This has to be the most ungodly town in the US. I visited LV in 1974 and it wasn't nearly as bad then.
I live in a predominantly retirement community which does respect God. And I am very glad I live where I do and not in Sin City.

daygo

Psalms 9:15-20 NKJ

The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught. The Lord is known by the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
Meditation. Selah
The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord, That the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah

It seems like we are witnessing this taking place across the globe, Israel in utter chaos .....JESUS COME QUICKLY ...Bless Israel and bring Peace to Jerusalem.
Good one, Psalm 10 reminds me of today.

MapleLeaf

I’ve done a bit of research on education, and found out that in 1963, a law was passed in the US forbidding the mention of God in public school textbooks. We see where that got us. I’ll be homeschooling my youngest next year, and we are always looking for classic literature published prior to 1963. Books are being changed (just like definitions- look up “education” in Webster 1828 dictionary vs today!!). Old, Physical books are a treasure, because they cannot be changed, unlike all the digital platforms that public school are relying on to indoctrinate the youth of America.
I have found a few, old Canadian textbooks and the amount of God-centred patriotism within was astounding. I went to an underfunded private Christian school as a child and those were the sorts of books we used for our Canadian content -- otherwise we used Abekka texts--and that may be why I, as a millennial, was still able to grow up with a strong sense of God and Empire without an overburden of white guilt. That stuff came at us pretty hard in highschool (though nothing like today). However, I think the thrift stores have picked up on the demand for such books so now they're behind glass and being charged at premium "antique" prices. The ones I have I got for a quarter or even for free. There is still the internet archive website if you don't mind trying to deal with the pdf files. I find it cumbersome so don't really use it as a resource all that often. But it's there.

Ghoti Ichthus

I have found a few, old Canadian textbooks and the amount of God-centred patriotism within was astounding. I went to an underfunded private Christian school as a child and those were the sorts of books we used for our Canadian content -- otherwise we used Abekka texts--and that may be why I, as a millennial, was still able to grow up with a strong sense of God and Empire without an overburden of white guilt. That stuff came at us pretty hard in highschool (though nothing like today). However, I think the thrift stores have picked up on the demand for such books so now they're behind glass and being charged at premium "antique" prices. The ones I have I got for a quarter or even for free. There is still the internet archive website if you don't mind trying to deal with the pdf files. I find it cumbersome so don't really use it as a resource all that often. But it's there.

Christianbook has old titles (obviously reprints) like McGuffey's readers, and a variety of homeschooling curricula.

MapleLeaf

Christianbook has old titles (obviously reprints) like McGuffey's readers, and a variety of homeschooling curricula.
Yes, I have seen those around. But we're living off a single income on working-class wages so we mostly have to do the thrift store finds. And the online course we use references the McGuffey readers for free as they are in the public domain. I would love to find some older history texts too.

Ghoti Ichthus

Yes, I have seen those around. But we're living off a single income on working-class wages so we mostly have to do the thrift store finds. And the online course we use references the McGuffey readers for free as they are in the public domain. I would love to find some older history texts too.

Public library. Inter-library loan for items they don't have. FREE! Verify free first because I obviously can't speak for your library.
Also your church's library, or a local seminary or Bible college library. Some offer free or inexpensive memberships with many services/benefits. Some, it depends on church membership. Your Pastor might be able to suggest local places.
A public local secular college or university may allow the public to use the library. Probably have to pay for copies and probably no check-out privileges, but every library is different.
Local historical society/organization. First Nation(s) in your area may have something, too.
Internet, also free, except the internet bill you already have.

FREE digital libraries that have older stuff (public domain)
Christian Classsics Ethereal Library (CCEL)
Project Gutenberg
Perseus Digital Library

Bookfinder is a good place to look for used books. Far more comprehensive and efficient than checking Abe, Alibris, Amazon, etc. individually.

If you can get a copy of The Wall chart of World History, it's an awesome resource that can be used to frame history across parts of the world or longitudinally in one area. I have the 1999 Facsimilie edition (author Hull). It's fascinating. It folds out to about 30 feet, is crammed full of information on both sides, and shows human history as about 6000 years, starting with Adam and Eve. I like that I can see what was happening in different parts of the world at the same time, and also how events flowed in a single area.
CAVEAT: it also shows a gap/evolution at the beginning, but it's a good way to introduce Creationism vs evolution and develop Biblical worldview. This is due to the author of the original source subscribing to such theories in the 1800s.
This can be used as a jumping off point to frame (free) internet research in lots of different classes/courses, so lots of use over many years for everyone. When used this way, it can be used to teach children how to evaluate and select good sources, as well as the actual mechanics of learning from, and properly citing, the selected sites/online documents in papers and projects.

And speaking of citing sources, lots of free sites with APA citing (APA, itself, plus many colleges/universities).

Free creation science resources:
Institute for Creation Research (ICR)
Creation Science Journal
Center for Scientific Creation

Sadly, some other places that used to be good, are now PC, etc.

I hope this helps someone in some small way.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Back