The Precedents for the Rapture

daygo

Christians die all the time without being able to say goodbye to their families (those who die in a car accident, die during surgery, etc.). Many early Christian martyrs likely died without saying goodbye to their families as well. If the families are believers--we will all meet and be with each other in the New Jerusalem for eternity. Our families are just meant to be temporary comforts to us here on earth ("it is not good for man to be alone"). What matters is being in heaven with our Lord first and then our families and friends second. Just sayin' :)
You could be right, but it's different now in this age culture etc. Having said that different age, culture and someone disappeared you'd worry and moan especially the bread winner not knowing what happened to them, all sorts of things to my mind and dont believe God would do that to someone without them saying goodbye. Just my thinking and just imo like i said can be wrong.

Andy C

Christians die all the time without being able to say goodbye to their families (those who die in a car accident, die during surgery, etc.). Many early Christian martyrs likely died without saying goodbye to their families as well. If the families are believers--we will all meet and be with each other in the New Jerusalem for eternity. Our families are just meant to be temporary comforts to us here on earth ("it is not good for man to be alone"). What matters is being in heaven with our Lord first and then our families and friends second. Just sayin' :)
Concur.

Why say goodbye, when I can say ”hello” to my Savior, and other family members who have been waiting for me.

Wings Like Eagles

You could be right, but it's different now in this age culture etc. Having said that different age, culture and someone disappeared you'd worry and moan especially the bread winner not knowing what happened to them, all sorts of things to my mind and dont believe God would do that to someone without them saying goodbye. Just my thinking and just imo like i said can be wrong.
It is a real source of pain when someone goes missing and the relatives can't even have the closure of having a funeral or memorial service. That is why the ancients thought that having a weight put around one's neck and being "tossed into the depths of the sea" was such a horrible end. It was beyond terrifying to them that someone could just disappear--yet that is what Jesus tells us will happen to those who harm children.